deleting temporary excel files

My computer crashes when exiting excel on all files. I remember that you can
delete temporary excel files and cannot remember how to locate them and
delete.
Will this fix my problem

Dave

Cannot delete subreport

How to open Excel sheet with more than 64000 lines
I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this large? You need to upgrade to Excel 2007. "mgoehring" wrote: > I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 > line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this > large? Yes, but not more than 65536. For that you would need Excel 2007. -- David Biddulph "mgoehring" <mgoehring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Files not visible in Windows Explorer
Hi folks, My colleague is using Publisher 2000 and while she can find all the Publisher files she created with P2000 when she goes to 'File>Open' from Publisher, most of these files cannot be found within the same directory in Windows Explorer. Can someone explain what is happening that the files go missing in the WE environment? She is using Windows NT (2000?), Publisher 2000, and an IBM Thinkpad A series. Thanks. Saved files will go into a designated folder you assigned in tools, options. Publisher doesn't arbitrarily place files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

Change case in Excel
Good morning all, I have received a private e-mail from someone trying to help me, I think, but am not certain whether this is legit, or an attempt to get me to install a trojan of some sort. Does anyone know of Shailesh Shah (shahshaileshs@hotmail.com)? I figure that if this person is writing such good code, such useful utilities, then he should be well known to this community, or at least he should. I had e-mailed this group in February asking for some way to change the case of text in certain cells, and the link Mr. Shah sent me is as follows: http://members.lycos.co.uk/shahweb/ ...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Excel not calculating anything
Hello, I just installed excel 2003 and when I type in a function (specifically, =CONCATENATE(A2," ",B2) ) It just adds that to the cell I'm wanting the results in. It does this with sums as well. I am very novice at excel, but I do know how do do the minor functions. Can anyone tell me if there is some option I have unclicked or clicked that won't let excel calculate anything? Thank you Hi It looks like you have the calculation set to manual {press F9 to calculate formulas manually, or check Automatic in radio button on Calculatin tab of Options window (Tools.Options ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Hyperlinks in Excel spreadsheets
I want to create a hyperlink in a spreadsheet to a calendar in Outlook. I'm using Office 2000 & Windows XP. Is this possible? ...

Excel VBA
I have a drop-down list that populates from a range of cells. This rang of cells includes criteria for several regions: test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 test9 What I need to do is if user selects Region 1, drop-down displays: test1 test2 test3 If user selects Region 2, drop-down displays: test4 test5 test6 If user selects Region 3, drop-down displays: test7 test8 test9 Should I break up the lists into separate lists and use an II statement? If so, can someone show me how I would implement this? Or is the best solution for this a macro or VBA module. I'm not sure ho to ap...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

Using c# object in Excel VBA
Hi All I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom") I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects? thx for help Michael I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C...

Delete macros

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

Excel acting up
Has anyone experienced the following behavior in Excel Workbooks? We have developed a PM tool (an Excel Workbook using VBA macros) several years ago. This workbook is used as a template by 30 or so people; and working properly in excel 2003 & excel 2007 until maybe 2 weeks ago. About 2-3 weeks ago, one of the users sent a copy of this file to the office. It was behaving strangely...objects from other worksheets (dtpickers, formatted cells/ranges of cells) were painted over the active worksheet as we were working with it (persistent until scrolling down or minimize-maximize ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Excel General Ledger
I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to share? "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9C319B6-7315-46FB-9674-209E0C0692F1@microsoft.com... > I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out > there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to > share? I'm sure you can find one here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx /Fredrik Here's simple templat...

Delete blank Last page

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...

Problem in temporary type toolbar
Hi, My mail goal is to make sure that each and every outlook window must have one and one add-in toolbar. The temporary type add-in toolbar works fine but has below limitations: 1. If you hide or reposition the tool bar, it changes to default again when you restart the outlook. 2. Possibility of missing or duplicat toolbar from/on outlook window. See below example where toolbar can be missed. -- Just open Outlook, you have "My button". -- Then open Calender in new windows. Everything works fine. -- Now close Outlook window fir...