counting identical items in a column and returning the occurrences

I use excell 2000. I have one column with 700 rows. In each cell is one
number, either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In the second column I have five rows,
each with one number in increasing order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Next to the
numbers 0-5 (in column three) I want the total number of occurances for each
number in column one. So out of the 700 rows, if the number 2 occurred 230
times, I want the number 230 to show in column 3 to correspond to the number
2 in column two. Any ideas?

Try this:

In C1 (to count the zeros)

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"0")

In C2 (to count the 1s):

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"1")

etc.

Hope that helps.  If it does, rate it has helpful at the bottom of the post.

"ExcelWizardImNot" wrote:

> I use excell 2000. I have one column with 700 rows. In each cell is one
> number, either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In the second column I have five rows,
> each with one number in increasing order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Next to the
> numbers 0-5 (in column three) I want the total number of occurances for each
> number in column one. So out of the 700 rows, if the number 2 occurred 230
> times, I want the number 230 to show in column 3 to correspond to the number
> 2 in column two. Any ideas?
That did it. Thanks much.

"Huber57" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> In C1 (to count the zeros)
>
> =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"0")
>
> In C2 (to count the 1s):
>
> =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"1")
>
> etc.
>
> Hope that helps.  If it does, rate it has helpful at the bottom of the post.
>
> "ExcelWizardImNot" wrote:
>
> > I use excell 2000. I have one column with 700 rows. In each cell is one
> > number, either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In the second column I have five rows,
> > each with one number in increasing order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Next to the
> > numbers 0-5 (in column three) I want the total number of occurances for each
> > number in column one. So out of the 700 rows, if the number 2 occurred 230
> > times, I want the number 230 to show in column 3 to correspond to the number
> > 2 in column two. Any ideas?
In order to avoid the correction of each and every formula - in your private
case - I would suggest, in cell C1 to type the following formula and copy
down till C6:
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$700,Row()-1)
Micky

"ExcelWizardImNot" wrote:

> That did it. Thanks much.
>

> "Huber57" wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> >
> > In C1 (to count the zeros)
> >
> > =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"0")
> >
> > In C2 (to count the 1s):
> >
> > =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"1")
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > Hope that helps.  If it does, rate it has helpful at the bottom of the post.
> >
> > "ExcelWizardImNot" wrote:
> >
> > > I use excell 2000. I have one column with 700 rows. In each cell is one
> > > number, either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In the second column I have five rows,
> > > each with one number in increasing order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Next to the
> > > numbers 0-5 (in column three) I want the total number of occurances for each
> > > number in column one. So out of the 700 rows, if the number 2 occurred 230
> > > times, I want the number 230 to show in column 3 to correspond to the number
> > > 2 in column two. Any ideas?

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I select a column or columns to enabalize inserting additional columns, nothing happens. I can't get columns to insert in either the page layout view or the normal view. Why is something so simple not working? All I get is a little paintbrush icon that wants me to decide if I want the formatting of the adjacent column or not. Please help, it can't be that hard! No offense, but my guess is that you're misinterpreting the feature & perhaps using it on a blank sheet. The command does not increase...

Pivot table and counting.

Modify Item Screen
When we use the look up item screen we need for this screen to show supplier. On the screen I would like to eliminate "ITEM TYPE" and add "SUPPLIER". Is this possible to add or delete collumns to the item look up window? -- Thank you very much. Bob No, but it is possible to create an addin that replaces the Lookup Window entirely. I think there is at least one add-in out there that replaces the Lookup Window, but don't know any other details. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------...

How do I "lock" a column so I can scroll across to another colum
How do I "lock" a column so I can scroll across the page and still see the original column? click in the cell where you want to lock the left and above parts of the sheet and then use Freeze Panes in teh windows menu -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "andysarms" wrote: > How do I "lock" a column so I can scroll across the page and still see the > original column? ...

Naming columns in Excel
I am trying to set up a database in Excel. I need to change the columns (A, B, C,...etc) to name, date, ssn, etc. I am having trouble and dont know how to do it. PLEASE HELP! I want to be able to have each column name to reflect the information that will be put in that respective column. Thank you for your help Hi you can't change the column headers. The best you could do is use the first row as heading row "Peggy" wrote: > I am trying to set up a database in Excel. I need to change the columns (A, > B, C,...etc) to name, date, ssn, etc. I am having troubl...

Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells
In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93. I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells. This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto summing is to time consuming. Please if you have a formula that I can use it would be extremly helpful. Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning stages.................. -- Thank You, Wayne Cadigan Hi Wayne You can still do this ...

CListCtrl item text string length limitation
Does the CListCtrl item text string have any length limitation? The control just can't display any string longer than 219 characters in my program however I set the column width a big value. Thank for help! I thought the limit was 260 characters. I am not aware of a limitation on the length of the string, only on the length actually displayed. No explanation is given as to why there is such a limitation. However, presumably if you make it owner-draw, you could do anything you want. joe On Tue, 31 May 2005 20:30:00 +0800, "Julian" <zhuxh@30san.com> wrote: >Does ...

insert all column(x) values in a single textbox
Hi to everyone, does anyone to know how can I insert in an unbounded texbox, separated from a ";" ALL the values coming from the column(x) of a combobox? On my form I have a combobox with its row source to a multicolumn query and it's bounded with an ID field. What I have to be able to do is that: to insert for each row, with same ID, of the combo the value with respect to its (x) column. Hi hope to have been clearly... Many thanks, Stefano. On 13 Feb, 08:08, ricc...@tin.it wrote: > Hi to everyone, > does anyone to know how can I insert in an unbounded texbox, separated &...

Sales of Items below cost
Is there a setting that would alert a cashier or prevent a cashier from selling an Item below cost? Item Properties: Pricing Tab: Lower Bound. You could use a query to set lower bound = cost Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "mwbritt" wrote: > Is there a setting that would alert a cashier or prevent a cashier from > selling an Item below cost? ...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

buy newest lotro items with cheapest lotro gold
http://www.wowmmocom.com http://www.wowmmocom.com The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Belegaer - 10 $: 10.49 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Evernight - 10 $: 10.19 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Maiar - 10 $: 10.69 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Snowbourn - 10 $: 18.69 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Eldar - 10 $: 10.25 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Gilrain - 10 $: 11.05 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Gilrain - 10 $: 11.05 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Vanyar - 10 $: 9.05 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Estel - 10 $: 10.79 The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Laurelin - 10 $: 13.14 The Lord of the Rings...

Cycle Counting

Store Operations POS Item Table Field Suggestion
We would like to suggest adding a new "numeric" type field in the "Item" table of Store Operations. All of the customers that we have dealt with have only used numeric values in the "ItemLookupCode" field, however this field is an alphanumeric string, and does not offer true numeric sorting in applicable browsers. Not to alienate those clients that use alphanumeric characters in the ItemLookupCode field, we suggest adding several true numeric fields for custom data, then the user could sort on their numeric data. In addition to our encounters with numeri...

Count

Running a macro for each item in an Autofilter list
I regularly produce a large sheet of data with about 15 fields/columns and several thousand rows on it which I currently filter by ones of the key fields (which may contain up to 50 different values) and then run a macro on each of those field selections (i.e. I manually run the same macro up to 50 times). How can I automate the filter selection so I can cycle through the macro as many times as required without any manual intervention. Thanks, I used column 1 as the key field in this shell: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myUniqueCells As Range Dim...

include the ability to price standard items to three decimals
It would be nice to be able to discount items to three decimals. Example, 3 for 2.99= .997 each. Or 12 for $1.00= .083 each. Currently we cannot do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgb...

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Change an Item Type
New to Outlook, coming from GroupWise. After addressing an item to many people, I decide to change it from an e-mail message to a Meeting Request or a Task. I can not figure out how to do this in Outlook. There was a simple Menu command to do this in GroupWise. Thanks for any insight. Pepper AFAIK, you can't convert a message to a task or meeting request. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a we...

Line count

Plz Help: Calling func in EXE from func in DLL -- AfxGetMainWnd() returns null
Hello all, This is in regards to an MFC App created w/ VC6++. I have an .exe that calls funcs in a dll. The dll has a function ptr to a func in the exe. Code in dll: // // pObj is an object created in exe, & // the ptr is passed to the dll. // Foo is a virtual function // pObj->Foo(); Code in exe: void CObj::Foo() { ASSERT( AfxGetMainWnd() ); //<-- returns NULL. } If I add the following line to the 'Foo' function in the .exe: AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); instead of fixing the problem, a new one is created: AfxGe...

getting rid of zero values in a column
i have a set of data on a column that i`ll use to plot on a graph and find a trendline for its behaviour...problem is: there is zero values in some cells that were not calculated... i want to copy this data in a new column getting rid of cells with zero value because it results in a wrong trendline...how can i do this?please help this is an example of what i mean: 1 1 3 3 4 4 0 6 6 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 One of the simpler ways is to hide the rows for the cells that have zeros and then plot the graph. "kafoury123" wrote: > i have a set of data on a ...

Text to Columns 06-01-10
Hi. I have a column where I have names and surnames. I want to put name in one column and surname in anoter column. In order to do this, I use Text to Columns, but I have the following issue: if the cell contains for example Juan Pérez, it works ok, but when the cell contains Juan De los Santos, it assumes there are three surnames, and then put me one word in each column. This is the result, with the example mentioned: A B C D Juan Pérez Juan De los Santos How can I indicate that...