Counting cells with particular month and year

Thanks to help previously received, I have been using this formula to count
the number of referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to
include the year as well?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

Now the Year also included in the below formula the year reference cell is
referred in B1 cell of STATS sheet.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1)*--(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Saylindara" wrote:

> Thanks to help previously received, I have been using this formula to count
> the number of referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to
> include the year as well?
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

Try

With month in A1 and year in A2
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=sTATS!A1)*(YEAR(A2:A10)=sTATS!A2),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

OR with a valid date in Stats!A1

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(sTATS!A1,"mmyyyy"))*(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

--
Jacob

"Saylindara" wrote:

> Thanks to help previously received, I have been using this formula to count
> the number of referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to
> include the year as well?
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

You don't need the double unary minus with the multiplication.
There is nothing magical about the use of double unary minus;  to convert a
boolean to a number you need to do an arithmetic operation on it.  Two
negations is an easy option, but multiplying by 1 or adding zero are other
equally acceptable options.  In your case you are multiplying two booleans,
so they are automatically converted to numbers, and your double unary minus
on each of the multiplicands add no additional functionality.

You can change
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1)*--(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))
=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1)*(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))
or
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1),--(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))
or
=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1)*(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1)*(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))
--
David Biddulph

"Ms-Exl-Learner" <Ms.Exl.Learner@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Now the Year also included in the below formula the year reference cell is
> referred in B1 cell of STATS sheet.
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1)*--(YEAR(A2:A10)=Stats!B1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))
>
> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
>

> "Saylindara" wrote:
>
>> Thanks to help previously received, I have been using this formula to
>> count
>> the number of referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to
>> include the year as well?
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A10)=Stats!A1),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B10)))

1
David

Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells
In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93. I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells. This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto summing is to time consuming. Please if you have a formula that I can use it would be extremly helpful. Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning stages.................. -- Thank You, Wayne Cadigan Hi Wayne You can still do this ...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Pivot table and counting.

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

Cycle Counting

To keep in just one cell all values related to a monthly rate
I have to update in a monthly basis a currency rate. I know that there is a function, formula (or something like that) to link a month descripton to a number. e.g. September09 1,325 October09 2,235 November09 1,258 I would like to select correspondent month and the cell be updated with the value. Data Validation dropdown list for choosing the month combined with a lookup table and VLOOKUP function. For help on creating data validation dropdown lists see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html For help on VLOOKUP to populat...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

how to invoice contract monthly automatically
Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (couple months ago) so I thought to try again. Can anyone tell me if CRM is supposed to automatically create an invoice on a monthly basis? I can't figure out how and so currently we are manually creating invoices. Thanks in advance. Joseph No, it will not so this automatically. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:36:34 -0700, "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (co...

Count

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

OT: What tax software is everyone using this year?
TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30 and included filing fees, TaxAct is $20 for the same thing. Do Money 2006 Deluxe owners get any special offers on Taxcut? -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com Excel. I'll probably use the Quicken free efile and then put my own data in the free state online system. "Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message news:esnx6uG$FHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30 > and i...

Filename in Excel Cell Address
Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within the same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? -- Thanks, RickS yes =CELL("filename") -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A801EEC7-608B-4394-B991-BBBC889D451A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within > the > same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? > -- > Thanks, > Ric...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Counting sales

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...