Copy dropdown list

  • Follow

Is there a way to copy a drop down validation to other sheets?

On each sheet I have 2 dropdown validation lists:

1 at cell E2
and the other at cell E42

I would like to be able to copy these to another 30 sheets in the exact same
cells on each sheet.

0
Reply Learning 1/24/2010 11:23:39 PM

I believe that is possible.

Set up your data validation lists to accept a named range, that is select
your lists and name them, MyList1, MyList2 and such.

Then in the data validation source box enter =MyList1 or MyList2 etc.

Now copy the cell with the data validation on your present worksheet and
past on any worksheet.  I think that will work for you.

HTH
Regards
Howard

"Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to copy a drop down validation to other sheets?
>
> On each sheet I have 2 dropdown validation lists:
>
> 1 at cell E2
> and the other at cell E42
>
> I would like to be able to copy these to another 30 sheets in the exact
> same cells on each sheet.

0
Reply L 1/25/2010 1:43:04 AM

(page loaded in 0.019 seconds)