Converting excel 2007 to tab delimeter text file

when I convert excel 2007 data into tab delimeter text file, it is adding two
extra tab spaces at the end of each row, but it is not happending the same
while converting excel 2003 into tab delimeter text file. please suggest me
on this.

Naresh,

I don't think Excel 2007 adds any extra tabs.

There might be a value in one of the cells somewhere beyond the columns with
your data.
Select 4-5 columns to the right of your data and clear them before saving in
txt format.

Did you test with the same file in both 2007 and 2003?

"Naresh kumar" wrote:

> when I convert excel 2007 data into tab delimeter text file, it is adding two
> extra tab spaces at the end of each row, but it is not happending the same
> while converting excel 2003 into tab delimeter text file. please suggest me
> on this.

Excel question #15
When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? Might be a slow video card. Since Excel 2002 the screen is scrolled real time when you drag the scrollbars. Slower video cards might not be able to keep up. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Battlespace" <Battlespace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34DD582C-0BFD-40F7-B555-951CFF65B7C8@microsoft.com... | When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? ...

outlook office 2007 not working .How to get it back please?
Hi, my office outlook 2007 small business has stopped working. won't open at all. How can I get it to work again... Sorry novice here What error message(s) are you receiving. What happened before this = issue. Did you install anything,did you uninstall anything,which AV are = you using,Windows version, etc http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "lioncub" <lioncub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C4C9C8F-99BC-4E51-8222-8C9FE614B...

File Corrupt, again
I've read through all of the recent posts and we are all getting the same message. I've contacted my financial institution in USA and checked the box in the opening and ran some scans from Microsoft; although I am not a computer wizzard. Novice with instruction,at best. Anyway, I still can not im port files from my bank. I'm loosing my mind. Please help. -- SR In microsoft.public.money, Stephanie wrote: >I've read through all of the recent posts and we are all getting the same >message. I don't think so. What message are you getting? Care to name your b...

Opening a .doc file in Word 2007
I cannot open a .doc file in word 2007 but I am able to open the same file on another computer running Word 2003. Aside from this perticular file I have no issue with opening other .doc files in Word 2007. Did not have this issue untill I started running Windows 7. The file in question was saved in 97 - 2003 format. Thanks, Don ...

Excel 2000, inputbox repeat
Hello, how do I stop the input box from reappearing, see code below. Basically the input box keeps reappearing from rows 30 to 43. I only require it to appear Once, and place the resulting value in the first free row from 30 to 43 in column f Private Sub chkremote_Click() chkremote.Value = 0 For remfan = 30 To 43 Worksheets("quote").Range("g" & remfan).Value = "A38" Next remfan quan = InputBox("How Many Remote Fans Do You Require", "Remote Fans") Worksheets("quote").Range("f" & remfan).Value = quan End Sub Many t...

Excel & 'Thin Client' experience anyone ? #2
Thanks for the reply. One thing that concerns me is the possibl degradation of performance. eg to currently open a file :- 3 megabytes - hard drive 1 second - server 5-10 seconds 35 megabytes - hard drive 15 seconds - server 70 seconds (or perhap not at all with lockout -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27699 Hi yes thjis is probably the most serious issue but this depends heavily on yo...

moving ost file to unicode in 2003
My offline folders are hovering around the 2GB mark, with any large new mail pushing me beyond. Outlook rtecovers after I delete stuff, but tells me to go to UNICODE mode, so that I can have an offline file that can handle stuff up to 20 GB Fine. But the damn help (either online or in the program) does not tell me how. There is stuff on how to move pst files to unicode (not too clear, BTW) SO, Can someone point me to a site, or alternatively post a how-to for the unicode conversion? Thanks in advance It will probably be easier to do a full sync and then blow away the old ost and then ...

Exporting to Excel
Hello, I am not sure this is the appropriate forum to post this question, and if it isn't, can someone diect me to the correct one? I have a crosstab query in MS Access which is a grouped query with only one record in it. I would like to export that data into an already created workbook. The trick is that I need to data in predetermined cells, i.e., Sheet1:F10 thru Sheet1:R10. The data is a summary for the months of the year. It would be nice to have the export as apposed to manual input. Take it easy on me. I am a 2 level user, on a scale of 1-10. Maybe a 1.5! :-) Goog...

CSV and Excel issue
There is a strange issue when opening csv file. Issue When opening csv file ( which opens in excel)there are 500 lines coming . When opening the same file by converting it in excel it shows 1000 lines. When opening the same file by converting in txt format then to excel format it shows 1000 lines. Actually the file is having 1000 lines. Would appreciarte help on this. thanks amit ...

Split body text between two slides in PowerPoint 2007
I would like to split body text between two slides the way the instructions say I should be able to do. That is, I would like to be working in the Outline tab, position the Insert point, and press the Enter key. This does not work for me. Instead of splitting the slide into two, I just get a new blank slide after the slide I'm trying to split. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or are the instructions just wrong? I think the instructions are incomplete. Hitting Enter creates the title placeholder of the next slide for you. Hit Enter again and then Tab to continue...

Can you FTP a file/data directly into Excel
Has anyone ever FTP a file/data directly into an Excel worksheet from FTP sever? At present I manually FTP these files when they are created and dro them onto my hard drive then i export it into Excel for processing This is becoming very time consuming as the number of files are growin in number. Regards, TD -- TDR did you try data(menu bar)-get external data-new webquery -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email TDR <TDR.1tifat@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:TDR.1tifat@news.excelbanter.com... > > Has anyone ever FTP a file/data directly into an Excel w...

web SQL and Excel
I have created an active sql excel spredsheet that i am unable to just publish as it does not work. but i need it to be able to be changed from the intranet and for the new results to be displayed on the web. How can i do this? when using the excel publish button it does not enable my variables to effect the SQL Query. I have administrator rights on the sql server and the web server. Please help Nathan ...

Extracting student data from multiple files
Hey I really hope someone here can help me I am at present working in a university and have been given the tas of automating the task of processing student grade requests Allow me to explain We have the grades stored beside the name and number of the student i an Excel file, one for each year (JF, SF, JS, etc.) and for eac calender year (2002, 2003, etc.) for each class So we have JSPhysics2003.xls as an example Students come in and want to see their progress over their whole time which necessitates someone trawling through all the files to pick ou the entries relating to that student What...

Help Me Convert Fraction
I'm trying to customize a worksheet to read the fractions such as 14/16 as 7/8, 4/16 as 1/4, 8/16 as 1/2 etc. Can this be done and if so, does anyone out there explain to me how to do this? I'm using Excel2000. Thanks!! CB Take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fractex1.htm In article <vpjn0s47vn3081@corp.supernews.com>, "Charlie Brandon" <cbrandon@plateautel.net> wrote: > I'm trying to customize a worksheet to read the fractions such as 14/16 as > 7/8, 4/16 as 1/4, 8/16 as 1/2 etc. Can this be done and if so, does anyone > ...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

problem with insert Excel file in another Excel file
Dear, in my office i m using office xp. Problem is that i want to insert a xl file in another xl file. but it is not working. At my home computer i have office 2003 and it is working. I m unable to solve this problem. Please help me with right method to insert file in another file. Rao Ratan Singh Are you saying you want to copy a sheet from one workbook into another. Just right click on the tab, select MOVE or COPY, Select the Sheet, Click OK, Click on the section that says "TO BOOK" and choose the book and in the area that reads "Before Sheet", select where it ...

Check if Excel file is already open
I need to check if an Excel file is already open. How do i do this? thank u Hi Look at this: Sub Test() If Not IsWbOpen("Book1.xls") then Workbooks.Open("Book1.xls") End If End Sub Function IsWbOpen(WbName As String) As Boolean For Each wb In Application.Workbooks If wb.Name = WbName Then IsWbOpen = True Exit For End If Next End Function Regards, Per "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:SpEZm.119911$gg6.52009@newsfe25.iad... >I need to check if an Excel file is alr...

saving a converted lotus file
When I take a Lotus 123 file and save it as an Excel file and then open the file in Excel, Excel opens the file twice. In the title bar is says name.1 and name.2. Why is this? Hi Pam There are two windows open of the file. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:011501c3c4cb$1b472b40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I take a Lotus 123 file and save it as an Excel file > and then open the file in Excel, Excel opens the...

Comparing a value in EXCEL and XML files
want to know how to write a code in VB.NET for the following situation > I have a field( Ex. Capital) in my XML file and that field results in a value(Ex. $5000)....now i have my Excel file with multiple worksheets in it....I want to write a code that can read a single field (Ex. Capital) in XML file and then take it's value (Ex.$5000).....After reading the $5000 it should search through my entire Excel file( In all Worksheets) and see if that Value exists ....If it exists then return as "Pass" if not "Fail".....I also hav 1 more condition but first i would like to...

Does excel 2008 support color text in headers and footers?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to apply text colors in a footer in excel 2008 and there doesn't seem to be an option to do so. I don't believe i've ever attempted this before, so it's possible that it's the expected behavior. Thanks, <br> Rich No, character formatting in all versions of Excel � Windows or Mac � has always been very restrictive. I believe Excel 2007 offers more options, but that is the only version which does. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/13/10 2:48 ...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

convert concencated field to date
Hi Any Ideas? Concencate a number of imported fields into a date - Is is not possible to import the fields as a number. Basically these are the date field from on on line application http://www.ukopforms.co.uk/ukop_application.asp I have tried a number of things DOB: (TableName!Day & TbaleName!Month & TableName!Year) DOB: Val((TableName!Day) & Val(TbaleName!Month) & Val(TableName!Year)) DOB: #Val((TableName!Day) & Val(TbaleName!Month) & Val(TableName!Year))# DOB: ((TableName!Day) &"/"& Val(TbaleName!Month) &"/"& Val(TableName!Y...

Outlook files onto new computer
I purchased a new computer and wish to copy over all of my Outlook files (address book, personal folders, etc.). Which folder under Program Files do I copy to ensure all that personal data gets tansferred over? Thank you. p.s. same would hold true for ensuring I copy all of the applicable files in "My Documents." To backup and copy your outlook files you have two options. 1st option is you go to file menu IMPORT AND EXPORT choose EXPORT TO A FILE next select Personal Folder File (.pst) next selct personal folder in the directory and make sure you tick include subfolders ...

convert
Is it possible to convert an excel file into a word file? new wrote: > Is it possible to convert an excel file into a word file? You can imbed an excel file into a word document, otherwise no not as such. You could save the Excel file as text and then open in Word. Why would you want to? Excel is not a word processor and Word is not a spreadsheet application. -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! ...

Creating Executable file
Hey guys, I have created a database system using Access 2003 and I would like to create an executable file to make the system more secured. can you please help me how to create an executable file like in other programming languages like VB? Or if you can suggest how am i going to protect my codes/database from end-users. Thank you. hi Amsuria, amsuria wrote: > I have created a database system using Access 2003 and I would like to > create an executable file to make the system more secured. This is not possible with Microsoft Access. > can you please help me how to create ...