Converting excel 2007 to tab delimeter text file

when I convert excel 2007 data into tab delimeter text file, it is adding two
extra tab spaces at the end of each row, but it is not happending the same
while converting excel 2003 into tab delimeter text file. please suggest me
on this.

Naresh,

I don't think Excel 2007 adds any extra tabs.

There might be a value in one of the cells somewhere beyond the columns with
your data.
Select 4-5 columns to the right of your data and clear them before saving in
txt format.

Did you test with the same file in both 2007 and 2003?

"Naresh kumar" wrote:

> when I convert excel 2007 data into tab delimeter text file, it is adding two
> extra tab spaces at the end of each row, but it is not happending the same
> while converting excel 2003 into tab delimeter text file. please suggest me
> on this.

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

looking for an excel? template for ebay use...
any help for the best way to manage sales when dealing with lots of ebay listings. Thanks ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Macros in excel
how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro This should do it. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Sub FindFirstEmptyCell() MsgBox Range("A12:A20").End(xlDown).Offset(1) End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "plugger" wrote: > how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro You can use the End property of a range- this is the same as holding down Ctrl + [Down/Up Arrow]. If you are sure that there is one continuous range of non-blank cells in the column then it is more r...

word 2007 won't reg key
newer dell computer with OEM vista home premium installed. unable to activate word using reg key stated on the computer. tried at least 10 times, but dialog box indicates error. did bypass activation & opened a few new word docs, but when i copied some old data files into word 2007 everything locked & unable to update. still using old computer & moving some data files to the new. able to get automatic window updates though. Thanks to Dell support, the number on the box was incorrect & had to use the number on the installation disk included in the package of i...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

How to open excel with in IE
hi, i want to open excel with in IE and shud be able to control the object using script. If i use createobject, it opens up a MS-Excel separately. is there a way to embed excel with in IE. balaji ...