Convert Number of Month to Number of days

  • Follow

Hi,

I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
number of days.

For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.

To better understand.
Date = 01/28/2010
Opening stock = 100
Stock good for = 6 months
Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)

There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
opening date from it.

Hope I had made my question understandable.

Kindly help.
Dinesh

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 3:08:04 PM

Hi,

I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.

For example to add 6 months to a date in a1

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))

For more info look here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
--
Mike

question.

"nsd" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> number of days.
>
> For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
>
> To better understand.
> Date = 01/28/2010
> Opening stock = 100
> Stock good for = 6 months
> Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
>
> There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> opening date from it.
>
> Hope I had made my question understandable.
>
> Kindly help.
> Dinesh

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 3:16:02 PM

Hey Mike,

Thanks for you answer and apologies on my ability to put my question
correctly.

I am trying to make a sheet where I know when to order what.  for e.g. I
have Stock update of this morning and I know that stock will be consumed in 6
months and I have to reorder atleast 10 days earlier than the stock ending
date (which is after 6 months).  This is why I wanted to know when (which
date) should I replace the order for that particular stock.

I am still affraid if you understand my question. Any ways, from your last
answer I am good and I got my answer.

Thanks a ton.
Dinesh

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
>
> For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
>
> =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
>
> For more info look here
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "nsd" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > number of days.
> >
> > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> >
> > To better understand.
> > Date = 01/28/2010
> > Opening stock = 100
> > Stock good for = 6 months
> > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> >
> > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > opening date from it.
> >
> > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> >
> > Kindly help.
> > Dinesh

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 3:30:11 PM

Hi,

Then it's simply a variation on the formula I gave you. With a date in a1,
this adds 6 months minus 10 days

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))-10
--
Mike

question.

"nsd" wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> Thanks for you answer and apologies on my ability to put my question
> correctly.
>
> I am trying to make a sheet where I know when to order what.  for e.g. I
> have Stock update of this morning and I know that stock will be consumed in 6
> months and I have to reorder atleast 10 days earlier than the stock ending
> date (which is after 6 months).  This is why I wanted to know when (which
> date) should I replace the order for that particular stock.
>
> I am still affraid if you understand my question. Any ways, from your last
> answer I am good and I got my answer.
>
> Thanks a ton.
> Dinesh
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> > arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> > the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
> >
> > For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
> >
> > =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
> >
> > For more info look here
> >
> > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "nsd" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > > number of days.
> > >
> > > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> > >
> > > To better understand.
> > > Date = 01/28/2010
> > > Opening stock = 100
> > > Stock good for = 6 months
> > > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> > >
> > > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > > opening date from it.
> > >
> > > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> > >
> > > Kindly help.
> > > Dinesh

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 3:43:02 PM

I have one more question if you can help please.

I have a matrix as under:

       Days                      <30 day           <60 days            <90
days
Units
0-100                              $20                  $30
   $40
100-200                          $15                  $25
 $35
201-300                          $12                  $22
 $32

This shows if my order is between 0-100 units and if I pay in less than 30
days then my price of the product would be $20. Further, if my order is
between 0-100 and if I pay in less that 90 days then my value of the product
would be $40.

Can I have a formula where in a column I put my value and no. of days
payment and the formula will get me the price/value or the product from this
matrix. For e.g. A1  column I put the no. of unit I want (let's say 25 units)
and in B1 column I put the no. of days I would pay in (let's say 45 days),
and in C1 I get the price as ($30 x 25 units). That means C1 would have a
formula.

Hope this time I made my question clear. I tried to do it by lookup function
but without success.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Dinesh
"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
>
> For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
>
> =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
>
> For more info look here
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "nsd" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > number of days.
> >
> > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> >
> > To better understand.
> > Date = 01/28/2010
> > Opening stock = 100
> > Stock good for = 6 months
> > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> >
> > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > opening date from it.
> >
> > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> >
> > Kindly help.
> > Dinesh

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 3:45:01 PM