Convert Number of Month to Number of days

Hi,

I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
number of days.

For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.

To better understand.
Date = 01/28/2010
Opening stock = 100
Stock good for = 6 months
Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)

There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
opening date from it.

Hope I had made my question understandable.

Kindly help.
Dinesh

Hi,

I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.

For example to add 6 months to a date in a1

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))

For more info look here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
--
Mike

question.

"nsd" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> number of days.
>
> For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
>
> To better understand.
> Date = 01/28/2010
> Opening stock = 100
> Stock good for = 6 months
> Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
>
> There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> opening date from it.
>
> Hope I had made my question understandable.
>
> Kindly help.
> Dinesh

Hey Mike,

Thanks for you answer and apologies on my ability to put my question
correctly.

I am trying to make a sheet where I know when to order what.  for e.g. I
have Stock update of this morning and I know that stock will be consumed in 6
months and I have to reorder atleast 10 days earlier than the stock ending
date (which is after 6 months).  This is why I wanted to know when (which
date) should I replace the order for that particular stock.

I am still affraid if you understand my question. Any ways, from your last
answer I am good and I got my answer.

Thanks a ton.
Dinesh

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
>
> For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
>
> =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
>
> For more info look here
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "nsd" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > number of days.
> >
> > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> >
> > To better understand.
> > Date = 01/28/2010
> > Opening stock = 100
> > Stock good for = 6 months
> > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> >
> > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > opening date from it.
> >
> > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> >
> > Kindly help.
> > Dinesh

Hi,

Then it's simply a variation on the formula I gave you. With a date in a1,
this adds 6 months minus 10 days

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))-10
--
Mike

question.

"nsd" wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> Thanks for you answer and apologies on my ability to put my question
> correctly.
>
> I am trying to make a sheet where I know when to order what.  for e.g. I
> have Stock update of this morning and I know that stock will be consumed in 6
> months and I have to reorder atleast 10 days earlier than the stock ending
> date (which is after 6 months).  This is why I wanted to know when (which
> date) should I replace the order for that particular stock.
>
> I am still affraid if you understand my question. Any ways, from your last
> answer I am good and I got my answer.
>
> Thanks a ton.
> Dinesh
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> > arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> > the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
> >
> > For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
> >
> > =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
> >
> > For more info look here
> >
> > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "nsd" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > > number of days.
> > >
> > > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> > >
> > > To better understand.
> > > Date = 01/28/2010
> > > Opening stock = 100
> > > Stock good for = 6 months
> > > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> > >
> > > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > > opening date from it.
> > >
> > > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> > >
> > > Kindly help.
> > > Dinesh

I have one more question if you can help please.

I have a matrix as under:

       Days                      <30 day           <60 days            <90
days
Units
0-100                              $20                  $30
   $40
100-200                          $15                  $25
 $35
201-300                          $12                  $22
 $32

This shows if my order is between 0-100 units and if I pay in less than 30
days then my price of the product would be $20. Further, if my order is
between 0-100 and if I pay in less that 90 days then my value of the product
would be $40.

Can I have a formula where in a column I put my value and no. of days
payment and the formula will get me the price/value or the product from this
matrix. For e.g. A1  column I put the no. of unit I want (let's say 25 units)
and in B1 column I put the no. of days I would pay in (let's say 45 days),
and in C1 I get the price as ($30 x 25 units). That means C1 would have a
formula.

Hope this time I made my question clear. I tried to do it by lookup function
but without success.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Dinesh
"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the question, I got lost when 10 days appeared. But date
> arithmetic in Excel is very simple and it's unlikely you will need to convert
> the date to days or anything else to do that arithmetic.
>
> For example to add 6 months to a date in a1
>
> =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+6, DAY(A1))
>
> For more info look here
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "nsd" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am doing a small analysis, where I need to convert Number of Month into
> > number of days.
> >
> > For E.g. 25 month = __ # days.
> >
> > To better understand.
> > Date = 01/28/2010
> > Opening stock = 100
> > Stock good for = 6 months
> > Date of next order = ?? (Stock good for months - put opening date + 10 days)
> >
> > There I need to convert the months into days so that I can substract the
> > opening date from it.
> >
> > Hope I had made my question understandable.
> >
> > Kindly help.
> > Dinesh

You a 7-Day FREE Trial #2
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

SUM a range based on month
I need to SUM a range of cells only if it is in a certain month. =SUMIF(sheet1!A4:A10000,">="&DATE(2004,2,1),values) This formula sums all months from Feb 1 on. I only want February. Is there a way to enter the end date in my formula? I need to do this for every month. Joe =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Sheet1!A4:A10000,"mmm")="Feb")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to SUM a range of cells only if it is in a certain month. > >=SUMIF(sheet1!A4:A10000,">="&DATE(2004,2,1),values) > >This formula su...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

x axis to show days but graph to plot in hours
(using excel 2007) Sorry if this has been answered, I have tried to find similar with no luck. I have several days of data, measured hourly. I want to plot a line graph so that the y axis shows concentration (easy enough) but the x axis shows days while plotting in hours. I have tried a number of options but I always end up with either with several lines (instead of 1 line running throughout that I am after) or have 120 hours worth of points running along the bottom, it looks cluttered and often unreadable (this however doesn't really matter). I would like to try and s...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Number of hrs worked in a week, based on dates in a different column
Hi. I'm hoping someone will give this a try. I'd like to enter a function into each cell in column D so that the total hours worked for the previous week appears each Sunday. For instance, cell D6 would display 11, the sum of C2:C6 (note this is a short week). Cell D20 would display 22.5, the sum of C7:C20. On some days, no work at all is performed, but on other days multiple tasks are performed. The only cells in column D that should display a value are the Sunday's... all other cells should display nothing. Thanks very much for your help!! Gregg. ...

Numbers converting to decimal

max number of fields on a form (new question)
I am creating a database based on a paper form. The paper form has over 360 individual pieces of information, all of which are recorded for research purposes. My boss would like me to create a replica electronic form based on the paper form, but access only allows 255 fields on one form. Other than subforms, is there any other way to get around this? I have my data organized into related tables, but every field from each table needs to be on the form. Any suggestions? The limit of 255 is not the form. Forms have a lifetime limit of 754 controls. That means that if you delete a control the...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Win live email cant access tech no responce day 5
i have not only put in my correct password ,error message, its not it .now im locked out and tech support team no help who am i emailing myself i also set up security question but it wants alternitive email or sent to my locked ou acct. microsoft has major tech issues toooooooo many -- JMorrison23 One problem may be the manner in which you attempt to describe your issue. We can't help you if you are locked out of your email account. You will have to go through the provider's standard "Forgot username / password" links - you can get a free email address ...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...