Calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell?

  • Follow

Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
using the Home and Office version 2007.
1
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 8:27:01 PM

Enter the weight in oz in A1 and in B1 enter:

=16*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
3
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 8:34:02 PM

Sorry:

=A1/16
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 8:34:03 PM

with ounces in a1

=INT(A1/16)& " Pounds "&MOD(A1,16)&" Ounces"
--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''s razor (Abbrev)

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
1
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 8:39:02 PM

I personally like either of the ways that have already been offered, but
there's one more to consider:
=CONVERT(16,"ozm","lbm")
but it does require the Analysis ToolPak add-in be active to use without a
#NAME error taking place (thus my preference for doing it "the hard way" as
Gary''s Student and Mike H have offered up).

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 9:43:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.002 seconds)