Calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell?

Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
using the Home and Office version 2007.

Enter the weight in oz in A1 and in B1 enter:

=16*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
Sorry:

=A1/16
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
with ounces in a1

=INT(A1/16)& " Pounds "&MOD(A1,16)&" Ounces"
--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''s razor (Abbrev)

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.
I personally like either of the ways that have already been offered, but
there's one more to consider:
=CONVERT(16,"ozm","lbm")
but it does require the Analysis ToolPak add-in be active to use without a
#NAME error taking place (thus my preference for doing it "the hard way" as
Gary''s Student and Mike H have offered up).

"BCraft" wrote:

> Is there any way to calculate weight (ounces into pounds) in Excell? I am
> using the Home and Office version 2007.

Copy from Excel and Paste into Outlook
Hi all, I am trying to automate the following procedure, but I have no clue as how to do it. Could you please advise? I have a spreadsheet, and I want to copy the contents of a Range, WITH formatting, and paste them into an HTML Email on Outlook. How do I do it with VBA? Thanks Alessandro ...

Excel - PDF
Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF back to Excel ? Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF > back to Excel ? No easy way if the spreadsheet has become a bitmap image. But OCR of a printed spreadsheet is a possible solution. You might wind up with a Word table that you can import into Excel. Bill You can turn a PDF file into an Excel file, you will NOT have the original Excel formulas macros etc. Only Text and or numbers. Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert...

Running macros when multiple Excels are open
Some of the macros I have written sometimes do not function correctly if another instance of Excel is open. The other instance usually also contains macros that may or may not have been executed. I thought I read somewhere that this is a common problem but a recent search has not turned up anything. Does anyone know of a solution to this or any tips to minimise the chances of this happening? I am using both Excel 2003 and 2007. Thanks. I can see where it might be a big problem if there are file names, sheet namen or other names that are common to both versions of Excel or betwe...

Convert Excel document received. I do not have Excel
I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel If just need to view the contents of the Excel spreadsheet, and you don't need to edit the spreadsheet, you can download and install a free Microsoft Excel viewer from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273711. "Mutchie" wrote: > I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel Also, how about ... www.openoffice.org (note: no vba) or a new upcoming app.. http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefy...

How to calculate age of a person?

entering data in excel invoices
-- TomA --- PattiD .. >-----Original Message----- > >-- >TomA >. > ...

Excel text corrupting problem
Has anyone seen anythink like what is happening in the Excel screenshot below .. http://www.jon-lamb.co.uk/tf_excel.gif The text is corrupting in cells. Its just happening on one PC and in most excel documents on that PC. It seems to happen a lot when cutting and pasting. So far, I've installed all office and windows updates, removed the anti virus software to test. Installed all graphics driver updates. PC spec is XP Pro, Celeron 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM. Office 2003 Any help much appreciated. Rgrds, Jon I believe that the display in XL is more through the Printer Driver than XL itself. T...

multiuser access to excel files
Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network share? "Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:058c01c35320$297e2e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an > excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network > share? Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a danish version so I don't know the english name for it) -- /\ preben nielsen \/\ prel@post.tele.dk tools/share workbook, and a check box. how nea...

Excel Crashes Killing Me
Excel 2004, SP 11.2.3 PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM, OS X 10.3.9 I've been working on a complex Excel financial model for a month now. I was putting the final touches on the whole thing this afternoon when it suddenly crashed. Previous crashes (many) left the model in a stable state and recoverable. The model has about 400 names ranges and many macros. It generally has been running stably. Unfortunately, that's not the case tonight. I save sequential backups frequently by shutting down Excel, duplicating the file in the Finder and naming the backup file with a numerical sequence number. I&...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Excel Formula #13
I have a spreadsheet to log a persons manhours performed for the month. 31 columns with a totals column to follow the last day of the month. We are a military organization and there are a number of different statuses that a guy could be in on a given day. If, on the 5th, the guy works a drill I want to record it as a "U" so I know his status for the day. I want the totals column to read that as 8 hrs worked. How can I get my totals column to recognize an alpha character as a number? Mark Assuming alpha characters are recorded in row 1, try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:AE1="U&qu...

Calculated field options???

Web page in excel 2000
I am trying to use a web page to determine the distance from two sets o zip codes (about 5000 or so), and I don't know where to start. I looke in the "using excel to work with data on the web", but was unable to d import the web page. I'm not even sure that's what I want to do. An direction would be appreciated. thanks -- jmert ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmertz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27471 ...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Learning Excel
I need simple tutorial for Excel. Thanks, Depending on the version you're using, you'll want a different tutorial (especially with 2007). I would recommend googling "Excel [version number] Tutorial". That'll bring up tons of useful sites that go from "what is a spreadsheet" to using complex functions. Good luck! -- -SA "Phyrst" wrote: > I need simple tutorial for Excel. > Thanks, ...

Excel #7
Microsoft Office came with my computer without a backup disk. I need to transfer this software to another computer, but it keeps asking for the disk. How do I do this without the disk? Thanks, Judy Judy, If Office came pre-installed on your computer, it is what is called an "OEM" (original equipment manufacturer) version, and cannot legally be transferred to any other machine. It is permanently wedded to the machine on which it was originally installed. You are not allowed to install it or transfer it to any other machine. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/eulafaq.htm for m...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Export of Outlook Mails to Excel Sheet
Hi , I need to export my outlook mails to excel sheet, to do some analysis. But not able to getiing the desired result for the same. Is there anyway using which i can do this ... Regards Ajay Bhatnagar Perhaps you could tell us more about what the desired result would be? --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DA3BF5A7-3DB8-4DC1-A4C3-28559B907013@microsoft.com...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...