"You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact admin

  • Follow

I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
have permission to save in this location.  Contact administrator to obtain
permission:.

I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want.  It
suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
order to import it into another spreadsheet program.  Can you please help?
0
Reply Utf 2/6/2010 12:11:01 AM

You would be administrator only for your desktop PC, but it appears that you
are saving this document on network/server PC, wherein for that folder you
first need to check your permissions.

From explorer, right-click on that folder> go to "properties"> go to
"security" tab> see if there is your name under "Group or usernames"> click
your name if its there or click "everyone"> now in below square called
"permissions for xxx" see what kind of permissions you are given.

--
Regards,
Pritesh

"Dyana" wrote:

> I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
> have permission to save in this location.  Contact administrator to obtain
> permission:.
>
> I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want.  It
> suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
> order to import it into another spreadsheet program.  Can you please help?
0
Reply Utf 5/19/2010 12:34:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.045 seconds)

Reply: