"You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact admin

I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
have permission to save in this location.  Contact administrator to obtain
permission:.

I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want.  It
suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
order to import it into another spreadsheet program.  Can you please help?

You would be administrator only for your desktop PC, but it appears that you
are saving this document on network/server PC, wherein for that folder you
first need to check your permissions.

From explorer, right-click on that folder> go to "properties"> go to
"security" tab> see if there is your name under "Group or usernames"> click
your name if its there or click "everyone"> now in below square called
"permissions for xxx" see what kind of permissions you are given.

--
Regards,
Pritesh

"Dyana" wrote:

> I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
> have permission to save in this location.  Contact administrator to obtain
> permission:.
>
> I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want.  It
> suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
> order to import it into another spreadsheet program.  Can you please help?

contact page to be the first page I see when I open outlook #2
How can I get my main contact page to be the first page I see when outlooked is opened? Thanks Why don' t you ask someone in an Outlook users group. This is an Excel users group.. "JLebron" wrote: > How can I get my main contact page to be the first page I see when outlooked > is opened? > > Thanks Or, if you thought to use Help in Outlook you would find this info. Start Outlook showing my Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Under General Settings, next to the Startup i...

Import Accounts / Contacts
I remember seeing a posting some place a couple of weeks ago regarding importing contacts into accounts using Bulk Import. The posting had a link to a page/blog that someone had written up with code to display the GUID in search results/finds. In other words, I want an import process that does not involve SQL (why have to query using SQL, isn't Advanced Find usable)? I do not care if I have to have two separate import steps (well, I do, and Microsoft has clearly failed to make this important feature usable... I guess they're trying to keep Scribe happy at the expense of us all...

Saving worksheet as webpage
Hi, I've been working on an excel worksheet that consist of about 18 different sheets that have been linked up to one another. However, when saving the worksheet as a webpage, I run into problems. Saving to my local hard-drive works fine. However, when saving the same webpage to a network drive, I lose a large amount of functionality. Also, when using the option File/Edit in MS Excel (in web browser) I am not able to modify the worksheet if it is stored out on the network. However, when editing from the local hard drive, it works with no problem. Even if I edit the entire work...

Re: Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
Ok, after testing this it seems I can see the reason. Go into Page setup and set "Blank Forms at end" to "none". The blank forms are meant to be filled out by hand and list all available fields. This makes some sense since Detailed list prints completed fields for each contact. If you only print Address Cards then you only get the subset of fields that the view shows if blank forms are printed. There really should be some way of controlling what fields are printed in the blank forms when Detailed Address Cards are printed. "BillR [MVP]" <BillR@removeth...

Can delegates use the other persons contacts to create distribution lists
It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. Any help? >-----Original Message----- >It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. > >Any help? >. > Any ideas at all? ...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Multiple Outlook contacts folders
I am running outlook 2003 hooked to exchange server. there has been many things happen to this account before I got handed the problem. The user has 3 Contacts folders and only one can be accessed. When you click the to: button it says the folder couldnot be found. There were groups that use to work but now the groups cant be found. Where are all the pieces to outlook stored so I can get this stuff back. If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email addr...

Automatically save attachments rule in Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to create a rule that "when from a specific person and with an attachment, move the message to a specific Outlook Folder and save the attachment to a specific folder on the PC" ? I get several Excel spreadsheets from a few sources and I would like to have them stored automatically to a folder on my PC when I check my mail. If not natively, can this be done with any special scripting, etc. available online? Thanks! 3 rd party utilities can do it... or you can use vba. See outlookcode.com for vba samples, or http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special for ut...

Saving shared Excel files
Question about saving excel documents when saving a shared excel file, how do you get it to save to where when you reopen it it will open at the end of a document, and with this being a shared file after other users save it, need to be able to open to the end of file. Thanks Scott scasawyer wrote: > Question about saving excel documents > when saving a shared excel file, how do you get it to save to where when you > reopen it it will open at the end of a document, and with this being a > shared file after other users save it, need to be able to open to the end of > f...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

word 2007- not saving files- does not bring up save box
Can't save any doc/docx when you try to save either save /saveas or ctrl s nothing happens and word crashes. Think it may have something to do with auto recovery of files? I have tried to change the normal.doc also but nothing seems to work. any thoughts greatly appreciated? Would it be simplest to reinstall? Thanks That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key w...

Select query not being saved
In Access 2000, if I build the following SQL, it runs (from the query builder) and gives the expected results. When I save the query, Access deletes the ASC part. How can I have it saved? Thanks, Mike SELECT [UCALL], [Mode] FROM ModRef ORDER BY [mode] DESC , [ucall] ASC; MikeR wrote: > In Access 2000, if I build the following SQL, it runs (from the query > builder) and gives the expected results. > > When I save the query, Access deletes the ASC part. > > How can I have it saved? > > Thanks, Mike > > SELECT [UCALL], [Mode] > FR...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Save last look up criteria
I love that the navigation pane allows you to customize your view for each user. I would love to see the Look Up windows throughout GP SAVE the Last Look Up method the User chose rather than keep switching to the default. Find this frustrating as we rarely use the default look up method. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-bas...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

CloseAllDocuments does not ask about saving changes
Hello, I need to implement the "close all documents" feature. I tried method CWinapp::CloseAllDocuments(), but it does not ask whether to save dirty documents. It closes them without asking. What am I doing wrong? Thank you Vaclav Did you call SetModify to mark the documents as dirty? joe On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 22:06:12 +0100, "Vaclav" <vjedlicka@atlas.cz> wrote: >Hello, > >I need to implement the "close all documents" feature. I tried method >CWinapp::CloseAllDocuments(), but it does not ask whether to save dirty >documents. It clos...

Contact List 12-06-09
Is it possible to create a shortcut to the contact list contained within WLM? Would like to access the contact list without logging into WLM client. Sorry, Windows Live Mail has to be open in order to access WLM contacts on your desktop. Alternatively, if you normally sign in with a Live ID, the contacts are also available on the web at http://contacts.live.com. (without WLM needing to be open). --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Colorado Pete" <ColoradoPete@discussions.microsoft.com&...

XML Contact Data File
I am looking for someone who knows the CRM well, familar with XML files and is interested in creating an XML Contact Data File that will work with our form application software. It is a very simple CSV file that looks like this: Last,First,Email,Address,Apt,City,State,Zip,Country,HomePhone,SSN,BirthDate,Occupation,Salutation,ClientDrvLic,SpouseFirst,SpouseLast,SpouseDOB,SpouseSSN,SpouseOccupation,SpouseEmpName,SpouseDrvLic,Ben1Last,Ben2Last,Income,NetWorth,TaxBracket,Objective,Experience,LiquidAssets,EmployerName,EmployerPhone,EmployerFax,BankName "Sample","John","&...

Opening, editing and saving Publisher 2003 files in Publisher 2000
Does anyone know if it is possible to open, edit and save a Publisher 2003 file in Publisher 2000. Each time I try to open the file I get a message saying "Publisher can not open files from a different version"... Is there a work around?? Thanks heaps Sam The only solution is to get a version of Publisher of the same or newer version than the files to open. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Sambo" <Sambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C97C240-7E5B-484D-A6BD-8C26D7D440FA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if it is possible to open, edit and save...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

contacts #6
Is there a way of saving contacts from an e-mail to my own? ...

how to keep form from saving?
i have made a costum form to go with my calendars. In my calendarfolder i have set to use the form. The form works but now i'm making some checks. In my form when something is filled in they have to fill in the categorie at the normaal calendarform. i can give a msgbox when the person hits the 'save and close' and he didn't fill in the categorie to give an error that he has to fill it in. But the form still saves. even when i don't call item.save, when the person hits save it's saves... anyway i can stop this? override the standard save function? i'm new at progra...

Attribute for Exchange storage group admin.
I am looking for a way to write a script that will look at each storage group in exchange 2003 and tell me who has administrative rights. Unless there is a report that exists that can do the same thing. Thanks, Mark Cooper ...