How to get multiple lines on one graph

  • Follow

I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for two
rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart that
has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would be
pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However, the
times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.

If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the assistance.
 I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so the
easier the better :)
0
Reply Utf 12/29/2009 6:46:01 PM

Make an XY chart from the Room1 data
Select all the Room2 data and Copy
Click the chart; used Edit | Paste Special:
specify New Series with Category data in First column
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"carisak" <carisak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for
> two
> rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart
> that
> has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would
> be
> pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However,
> the
> times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
> taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.
>
> If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the
> assistance.
> I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so
> the
> easier the better :)

0
Reply Bernard 12/29/2009 8:17:06 PM

Thank you!  It was actually even simpler than that...I just had to copy the
data columns and then past them into the chart.  I appreciate your
assistance!  :)

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Make an XY chart from the Room1 data
> Select all the Room2 data and Copy
> Click the chart; used Edit | Paste Special:
> specify New Series with Category data in First column
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> "carisak" <carisak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for
> > two
> > rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart
> > that
> > has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would
> > be
> > pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However,
> > the
> > times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
> > taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.
> >
> > If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the
> > assistance.
> > I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so
> > the
> > easier the better :)
>
> .

0