How to get multiple lines on one graph

I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for two
rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart that
has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would be
pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However, the
times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.

If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the assistance.
 I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so the
easier the better :)

Make an XY chart from the Room1 data
Select all the Room2 data and Copy
Click the chart; used Edit | Paste Special:
specify New Series with Category data in First column
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"carisak" <carisak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for
> two
> rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart
> that
> has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would
> be
> pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However,
> the
> times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
> taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.
>
> If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the
> assistance.
> I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so
> the
> easier the better :)

0
Bernard
12/29/2009 8:17:06 PM
Thank you!  It was actually even simpler than that...I just had to copy the
data columns and then past them into the chart.  I appreciate your
assistance!  :)

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Make an XY chart from the Room1 data
> Select all the Room2 data and Copy
> Click the chart; used Edit | Paste Special:
> specify New Series with Category data in First column
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> "carisak" <carisak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a data set that consists of pressure readings taken over time for
> > two
> > rooms.  The readings range from -2.5 to +2.5.  I want to develop a chart
> > that
> > has each rooms reading represented by a different line.  The y axis would
> > be
> > pressure and the x axis would be time.  I know, sounds simple.  However,
> > the
> > times are not consistent across the data sets...the pressure readings were
> > taken based on a change of value rather than a designated time interval.
> >
> > If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the
> > assistance.
> > I need to do this for approximately 50 different room combinations...so
> > the
> > easier the better :)
>
> .

XML serialization , validating against multiple schemas
Hi My web service receives an object of type say MyObject. I want to serialize this object,and then validate the xml against the main xsd. When validation happens, it should also validate against the included schema. The main schema includes one more schema and the actual types are described in the included schema. eg., <xs:schema xmlns:t="http://myschemas/base" xmlns=""> <xs:import schemaLocation="base.xsd" /> <xs:element name="MyObject"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence minOccurs="0"> <xs:element name=&...

A Crystal Beginner

No one can schudle a meeting
Since we upgraded from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and my staff can not invite others in the office through calendar invitation in outlook 2000. When they click on any name, their time show like this ////////////////////////////////// (no information). Since this is effecting everybody in the office, I am sure the answer is easy but where? Can anybody help? Thanks, Dooma: That doesn't mean that people can't schedule meetings. It just means that the free/busy time for the particular user is not available. For the users who show up with //// for their F/B times, go to the use...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Linking textbox and graphs
I have a graph that I would like to show a total "label" at the top of each column. The data labels do not show a total however. Can I put a textbox or something to that effect and link it to the total? (so the total updates anytime new information is entered) Is this possible? Hi, Maybe this will help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy frustratedwthis wrote: > I have a graph that I would like to show a total "label" at the top of each > column. > The data labels do not show a total however. Can I put a textbox or > some...

countif using multiple criteria #2
I am trying to calculate how many times an event happens with multiple criteria. As i understand it COUNTIF will not work. But SUMPRODUCT is the way to go. I have tried this but am unable to get to work. I am trying to find out how many time "new" occurs in a given month say from 1st Jan to 31st Jan so my formula read =sumproduct((J20:J100>=01/01/06),(j20:j100<=31/01/06),(g20:G100="new") What am I doing wrong? =SUMPRODUCT(--(J20:J100>=--"1/1/6"),--(J20:J100<=--"31/1/6"),--(G20:G100="new")) however a better way would be =SU...

macro Copy and paste from one worksheet to another
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 within the workbook I have a worksheet call "Detail" I want to copy and paste selected data to another worksheet called "Exhibit A" or "Exhibit B" based on data from a cell. Name Type Exhibit row 1 John Doe Cash Exhibit A row 2 John Smith Credit Exhibit B row 3 Jane Doe Cash Exhibit A Data from row1 and row 3 will go to worksheet called "Exhibit A" starting from cell A4 and so on. Data from row 2 will go to worksheet called "Exhibi...

Freeze panes / vertical lines
Hello, I just used "Freeze Panes". Is there a way to make the vertical black line invisible? Rgds, Thore Hi AFAIK this is not possible >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I just used "Freeze Panes". Is there a way to make the >vertical black line invisible? > >Rgds, >Thore >. > ...

Exchange 2003 mailbox for multiple users
Hi I've just migrated from SBS 4.5 to SBS 2003. Consequently I've stepped up from Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000 (we have Office 2000) to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. We have lots of "customer mailboxes" which multiple users can gain access. Previously what I did with Exchange 5.5 was to create a new mailbox, give it Primary Windows NT account as a group (not a user), and add users to the group. Finally I would set up an outlook profile using that mailbox for each user who needed access. Using this system I could ensure that when people replied they would reply from that mailbox&...