How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?

I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
Thank you

EXCEL 2007

Try a Surface Chart.

To set one up:-

Hit the F1 Help Facility Key

In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts

Next click on Chart types

Next click on Present your data in a surface chart

There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up.

"tpmbrian" wrote:

> I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
> with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
> Thank you
Don't get your hopes up, Excel's contour/surface charts are not very
sophisticated. The long and lat are categorical, not numeric, and the
algorithms that generate contours is rudimentary.

I've written about these charts in details:

Contour and Surface Charts in Excel 2007
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/contour-and-surface-charts-in-excel-2007/

Surface and Contour Charts in Microsoft Excel
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=447

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/3/2010 10:29 AM, tpmbrian wrote:
> I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
> with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
> Thank you
0
Jon

Legend on Chart

Excel Content Type issue, shows default not assigned type.
Question about the way Content Types work between Word and Excel. I have a several content types set up 6 using Excel and one using Word. I'm seeing a weird behavior, where when I associated the content types with a document library, and select new on the Toolbar. In the document properties panel, the Word document shows the content type that is assigned however the Excel documents show the document libraries default content type, and there are no options to change it until I save the document. Steps 1. I create a library to house the documents used as templates for the ...

Excel Security
I learnt that if anyone forgets the password of an Excel file (same to Word or Access files), he can easily get it back by using a tool. Does it mean the Excel file security feature is not trustworthy ? Any suggestion for a real file access protection ? Thanks and regards, Kevin Dont keep a copy of the file accessable by anyone but yourself. "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d3801c4209d$6d3a2d20$a001280a@phx.gbl... : I learnt that if anyone forgets the password of an Excel : file (same to Word or Access files), he can easily ge...

Form coding access 2003 to 2007
Hello comm I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I open the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field CodSigCat This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007? Many thanks Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CodSigCat() As String CodSigCat = Me!Prov & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & "" CodSigCat = CodSi...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 files not opening properly..
I have Office 2007 installed.. the one that doesn't come with Outlook. So, I'm still using Outlook 2003. When I double click an XLS file to open it, Excel opens and the file never opens. I have to goto FILE, OPEN, then hit CANCEL and the file will display. This only happens for Excel. Word 2007 works fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? We have Office 2007 on a few computers and I'm the only one with this problem. I found a fix for the problem, which seemed to...

Do I need the latest excel program?
I have excel 97. Do I really need to update to a new program? (I don't have alot of usage for excel). "=?Utf-8?B?YWRwaGlsbGlwcw==?=" <adphillips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EDA2C228-8B78-40C0-849D-5DF2298FEE7E@microsoft.com: > I have excel 97. Do I really need to update to a new program? (I don't > have alot of usage for excel). > If you feel that you can do everything that is needed, why would you? -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) adphillips wrote: > I have excel 97. Do I really need to updat...

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

RE: Excell VS Office
Do they work in the same manner. I need something that will help me with putting inventory on and able to transfer information to a website. Will Office work the same as Excell? The company I am dealing with says to use Excell unless I have something that would be compatiable as Excell. Please help. Thanks. Lets just assume that you are talking about the latest versions currently available, Microsoft Excel 2003 and Microsoft Office 2003 Editions. For the Microsoft Office suite, lets just use Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. You are comparing the stand alone version of Microsoft ...

Excel Export Options
Hi, I'm exporting a list from CRM 3.0 to Excel 2003. When I do so, I don't get the option to select whether I want static data or an active link to the data. Therefore, when I email the spreadsheet to someone outside the network, it doesn't contain data. However, my colleague does get the options pop-up, so I guess I've a configuration issue somewhere. Any idea where I look to change this so I get the option? Thanks, On 22 Oct, 18:17, rich...@draig.co.uk wrote: Wait, ignore me, I'm an idiot, I think it did work ok. I disconnected from the network and I was able to open...

How to import an excel document (form) into publisher
I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Which versions of the software? What steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC5D466-CE90-4657-BDFD-577984D46723@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every > time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Have you tried: 1. Copy > Paste from Excel to Publisher...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Outlook 2007 apointments dropping information
I am having a problem with Outlook appointments dropping information when being saved. For example, one of my Exec Assistants send a meeting request to multiple users with information regarding the location (i.e., call in number, conference room, etc.). The recipient will see this information, then accept the meeting invitation, at which time, when they view the appointment details, the location information is missing. I quickly review several Outlook installations this afternoon, and those users who are on Outlook 2007 SP2 (same build) are experiencing the issue when sending...

Excel interfacing with graphic software
I am not an Excel user - but I need to do a project that involve getting info from Excel. I need to create a template with lots o graphics and have certain information from an Excel file appear i certain places on the template. The data (employee records) is in Affinity which can be exported as a Excel file along with other formats I'm told. I need to produce sheet of paper for every employee listing their employment info. Name SSN, rate of pay, service, benefits, etc. But it needs to be slick. Any help -- slaman99 Export the data to Excel. Then use Word and create a mail merge d...

Help Excel!!!
I have a large 40+ page Excel document w/all financial data (i.e., Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Production Schedules) and all pages are in landscape. How do I get it into Publisher without losing formats? Please help. -- Jeanette ...

Chart items moving around

PS 2007 Trial version says expired but it's not
Hello I installed the trial version of Project Server 2007 my Windows 2008 SBS Premium. I followed the instructions "Deploy Project Server 2007 to a server farm environment" but when I click on what should be the PWA application I get "Trial Period Expired". Any ideas? Thanks so much!! Keri-Lyn: You need to add a server for Project Server, running at least Windows Server 2003 standard edition. Project Server 2007 is not supported by SBS because of its limited implementation of SharePoint. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts htt...

2007 Keyboard Shortcuts Stop Working
After downloading transactions from my bank, I go into the Register and Accept the transactions. Then I want to mark these as Reconciled. I like the keyboard shortcut CTRL/Shift/M since it's easier to use this then to click through mouse shortcut menu. But often, the keyboard shortcut is not responsive. I've figured out that to "wake-up" the shortcut I go into Help menu and click MS Money Help, then just close the Help window and the keyboard shortcut suddenly is awake and works. I use Money 2007. ...