Hide data labels with "0" values

Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave those
cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
--
Karen

How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
> show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
> those
> cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
> updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
> --
> Karen

0
Bernard
1/21/2010 1:54:29 PM
Thanks Bernard!  I was able to get it to work by using the custom format of
0.0;-0.0;

This sight is awesome!
--
Karen

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
> Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
> > show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
> > those
> > cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
> > updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
> > --
> > Karen
>
> .

Thanks for the feedback
Bernard

> Thanks Bernard!  I was able to get it to work by using the custom format
> of
> 0.0;-0.0;
>
> This sight is awesome!
> --
> Karen
>

> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
>> Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>>
>> "Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want
>> > show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
>> > those
>> > cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that
>> > is
>> > updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
>> > --
>> > Karen
>>
>> .

0
Bernard

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Garnishment in 9.0
I see instructions to set up garnishment in 10.0 that will not exceed 25% of gross pay less allowable deductions but does not look like it was possible in 9.0. Am I missing something or just need to manually calculate and enter until we upgrade. -- Cathy You are correct about the need to upgrade. The feature was introduced in v10. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cathy" wrote: > I see instructions to set up garnishment in 10.0 that will not exceed 25% of > gross pay less allowable deductions but does not look like it was possible in > 9.0. Am I missing something or just...

Three Primary partition in wince 6.0.
Hi All I am creating application for format a disk using wince 6.0. I followed the MSDN instruction for CreatePartition and format the disk in different FAT it's working fine But I have some doubt --------------- 1. How to create three Primary partition ? 2. How to Set primary partition as "Active" at any one of the primary partition. 3.How to CreatePartition for exFAT and TFAT ? I have set the following manner in my code "exFat" "FORMAT_OPTIONS pfo" pfo.dwFatVersion = 64 ; pfo.dwFlags = FATUTIL_FULL_FORMAT | FATUTIL_FORMAT_EXFAT - is it ...

CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2007
We are currently on CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003 utilizing the email router. We plan on upgrading to Exchange 2007, but remain on CRM 3.0. Everything I have been reading informs me that CRM 3.0 email router cannot be installed on Exchange 2007 and must remain on Exchange 2000/2003 (I understand you can use the hotfix for forwarding rules, etc... to Exchange 2007). With the release of CRM 4.0, and forgive me if this is a silly question, could we install the CRM 4.0 email router on Exchange 2007 (so we can get rid of our Exchange 2003 server) and still be able to use it with our CRM 3.0 i...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

POS 2.0 running on HP rp5000
While idle HP POS printer advance paper 2cm and cut right edge of paper about 1 inch wide. Any assistance will be appreciated. ...

Migrating Project Server 2007 from WSS 3.0 to MOSS 2007
Good morning, Does anyone have experience on how to migrate from WSS 3.0 TO MOSS 2007 ? What are the proper steps ? Any online documents that could help the migration ? Regards, Luis ...

Convert to Case CRM 4.0
Why is it that when i convert an email to a case from either a queue or activity it does not attach itself to the case i caonvert it to. All that needs to happen is that the regarding needs to be populated with the case details. Is this a bug? Kuven Dear Kuven, Yes you can perform such conversion while writing simple .net code / plugins. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Kuven" wrote: > Why is it that when i convert an email to a case from either...

Installation Problems CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 R2
SQL Server not existing or access denied-- thats waht i get when i try to install the crm 3.0 verscion sql server 2005 is installed Anyone any idea??? markus The account you are using to setup CRM, does it have any access to the sql installation? -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "markus" wrote: > SQL Server not existing or access denied-- thats waht i get when i try to > install the crm 3.0 verscion > sql server 2005 is installed > Anyone any idea??? > > markus ...

Change chart type in single data series, Excel 2007
I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new Excel 2007. The "change chart type" is grayed out. Thank you, What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F78063A1-DB29-4081-B909-BDA99F2DEBFD@microsoft.com... >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series ...

HR Business Portal in 9.0
Hello: In Business Portal for GP 9.0, is it possible to generate an alert for an HR administrator to "read" that says that "'this employee' turns x today"? Thanks! childofthe1980s You might want to look at a 3rd party product called Knowledge Sync from Vinyardsoft (www.vinyardsoft.com). I have used it for several years and it is a MUCH stronger business alert system and can do what you are looking for as well as MUCH more. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant www.AccoladePublications.com "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In Busines...

How do hide tracking changes from various users in Word 2007
I would like to hide the tracking changes in Word 2007 as a document is passed from user to user. Presently, every time a user opens the file that I have sent them, the file opens showing all the tracking changes. I would like it to Open and not show the tracking changes and just have the user do their changes. the users are getting confused by all the markups. I have tried the procedures mentioned which are: 1) Trust Center - Privacy Options 2) remove check for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" Is the procedure that I listed supposed to work? What wil...

GP 9.0 in .Net?
Hi, I have news about this, but it is true? Because I don´t find documentation... Where can I find it? Thanks, -- Evelin. No GP 9.0 is not a .Net application. The core code is still Dexterity based. However, the soon to be released Version 9.0 Extensions will include functionality that will allow Visual Studio to use objects exposed from Great Plains. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained ...

Delete the contents of a cell if it contains #DIV/0! Automaticall.
I am building an execl sheet that holds production data. Some pieces of equipment only run occasionally and because of this they cause a #DIV/0! error. I want to be able to look through the complete range (a1:di54) of cells and whenver I find the error i want to delete the contents of the cell. I guess this is possible to do using a Visual Basic module but my experience of Visual Basic is limited. Its better to handle the error within the formula itself. If =A1/B1 returns an error change the formula to =IF(N(B1),A1/B1,"") You can try out the below macro. If you...

Installation- Business Portal-Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 not compl
Hello, I have a customer also an MSDN subscriber (an MSPP) who cannot install Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. He simply gets the message ‘the modules have not been installed’ . He got his installation keys from the MSDN site and he has checked that he meets the minimum requirements for Dynamics GP 10.0 applications as referenced below: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/gp/using/webappsrequirements.mspx The keys for Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. in the MSDN download area state "view custom keys" and list a series of different key options. C...

excel 2000
I have been using Excel (Word prior to that - data transferred to Excel when advised that Word had problems) for over 2 years to store information (updated frequently) which has become corrupted (somehow) when viewed later. Apart from fixing these errors (when found) i am fighting a losing battle to maintain accuracy of my records. I have had to resort to using 'SAFE' mode to do so (which seems to be working) however, whilst in 'SAFE' mode i cannot access Mozilla Firefox (i've had Internet Explorer problems - slow response etc). Does anyone have a solution that will keep m...

POS 2.0 to RMS 2.0 migration
Are there any tools out there (upgrade programs, SQL Scripts, KnowledgeBase articles) whch will allow a POS 2.0 system (not POS2009) to be migrated to RMS 2.0? Can't go into the details, but we have someone who is currently running POS 2.0 at three separate locations and may want to move to RMS and bring these disparate locations under the Headquarters umbrella. -- Bill Yater Blue Horseshoe Solutions byater@bhsolutions.com None that I have seen, Best option export everything to a CSV, and say goodbye to sales history. I am sure there is someone that could move all the info for y...

Upgrade database from V1.3 to V 2.0
How do I make an Upgrade of My Matrix Items Form V1.3 to V2.0 Thx. HELPPPPP??? the matrix upgrade is very unintelligent. we were able to script most of it, but it depends on how your matrix items are layed out. put some time aside for this project. "JA Lascurain" <JALascurain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B93E0E-EBE9-412E-8CF5-DA090C5F2128@microsoft.com... > How do I make an Upgrade of My Matrix Items Form V1.3 to V2.0 > > Thx. HELPPPPP??? My Matrix items has only 1 dimension only Color when I upgrade my version 1.3 to v2.0 I can,t ge...

Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3C0B8.E8BE58D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! Anyone know who to contact at Microsoft to upgrade my NFR copy of = 1.0 CRM to 1.2 CRM. I guess I need the upgrade to make it work with SBS = 2003. gary ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3C0B8.E8BE58D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&...

CRM 3.0
When installing 3.0, you specify the outbound e-mail settings (xch server, smtp settings, etc). Anyone know where the CRM stashes this information? I'd like to be able to modify it without having to repair the CRM installation. Thanks in advance. Dave in the registry on the crm web server hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/mscrm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:OPRBx5ELGHA.984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When installing 3.0, yo...

How do you hide the conversation headlines in outlook 2003?
I want to thread my e-mails without having the conversation headlines showing... Less clutter.. How can I get rid of the conversation headlines? you can make the conversation group smaller but not remove it (without turning off grouping) View, arrange by, customize, define view.... select the view and click modify - it's under other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

401k data
Hello: Has anyone had any luck in exporting 401k payroll data from GP 9.0 and sending the data to reporting agencies? I have not had a chance to delve into it, but a client says that they have to depend on a customization to pull 401k data for their reporting agency. Their previous reseller was never successful in pulling this data out as GP did not offer the correct payroll calculations for the reporting agency. They wonder why, as a company and client, they are so "different" and if other GP users have this same issue. childofthe1980s I had updated and fixed a previous ...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE

Data Validation 05-20-10
I have a drop down with data validation and I’m trying to compare names from two name ranges. The first name range is called NameCheck, it has the names of all my employees. The second name range is called Monday and that has the names of the people who are off on Monday. I need the names of the people who work on Monday to not show up when I go to my drop down. At the moment my source is =NameCheck and my drop down shows every ones name but I changed it to =if((NameCheck=Monday)=True," ",NameCheck) and that didn’t work. Thanks Not sure I'm understandi...

Hotfix for Dynamics GP 9.0
I am trying to setup an auto-update for the GP hotfix. I have installed it on the server, and upgraded databases. I set the Client updates and pathed to the .msp file. When I launch GP and log in as a user it prompts to update, then immediately gives a message that it has completed the update. However it has done absolutely nothing, when i try to go back in I get the same message to update, and the version has not changed any either. I am the administrator on this machine. HELP Please! Thanks Does the user account that is logged into the workstation OS have write rights to the Dynamics...