Hide data labels with "0" values

  • Follow

Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave those
cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
--
Karen
0

How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
> show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
> those
> cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
> updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
> --
> Karen

0
Reply Bernard 1/21/2010 1:54:29 PM

Thanks Bernard!  I was able to get it to work by using the custom format of
0.0;-0.0;

This sight is awesome!
--
Karen

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
> Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want to
> > show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
> > those
> > cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that is
> > updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
> > --
> > Karen
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 1/22/2010 5:08:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback
Bernard

> Thanks Bernard!  I was able to get it to work by using the custom format
> of
> 0.0;-0.0;
>
> This sight is awesome!
> --
> Karen
>

> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> How about a custom format like 0.0;-0.0;""
>> Right click a data label on chart and select Format Data Labels
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>>
>> "Roachie" <Roachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Some of my source data contains cells with "0" values that I don't want
>> > show on my chart.  How can I get them to now show up?  I need to leave
>> > those
>> > cells in my source data range as I am working with a spreadsheet that
>> > is
>> > updated monthly so as to automatically update the chart.
>> > --
>> > Karen
>>
>> .

0