Fund Raising Chart

Does anyone know of a way to create a fund raising chart in Excel?  I'm
looking for something like a temperature chart.  I want it to be interactive
so when i update the excel spreadsheet it will update the chart.

Any ideas?
Sharon

I have just put up an EXCEL 2007 example for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 25 at the top of the page.

If you change any of the numbers in column B the chart will update
automatically.

Thanks.

"samiauthor" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to create a fund raising chart in Excel?  I'm
> looking for something like a temperature chart.  I want it to be interactive
> so when i update the excel spreadsheet it will update the chart.
>
> Any ideas?
> Sharon
Hi,

check out Andy Pope's site

'AJP Excel Information - Thermometer charts'
(http://www.andypope.info/charts/thermometer.htm)

hth

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=165505

teylyn

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...

beginner chart
dear all, I would like to simply create a line chart on an open excel sheet with the data placed in the first 2 columns (a for x axis and b for y axis) i want to use c# code please respond fast email:abdullahshawky@yahoo.com ...

Chart HELP!!
Hi, I'm still working on my chart problem. I must be stupid but...for example, say I have a series 1,2,3,4 and I want that series in ONE BAR only, cumulative, that is one bar section going from 0 to 1, next section of SAME bar going from 1 to 2, next section of SAME bar going from 2,3 etc. so that at the end I have ONE bar, not 4 bars. Tx a lot. Sat You need to do a stacked column chart. Be aware that you may need to view it by columns OR by rows to achieve the desired effect. If you have the data running in a column you need to view the data as rows and vice versa if your data run...

about combination chart
I installed Excel 2003 how can I found and use combination chart ? where is its Icon ? how it work ? Jon Peltier's info on Combination Charts should be able to help you. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "hassan barjini" <hassanbarjini@ikiu.ac.ir> wrote in message news:uIZtdx7yEHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I installed Excel 2003 > how can I found and use combination chart ? > where is its Icon ? > how it work ? > > ...

How do I add a line chart to a stacked chart?
I have 3 series as a percent in a stacked chart and would like to plot a line in dollars through the the different stacks for each quarter - any help is appreciated. Sarah plot he dollar amount series as part of the stacked chart on the chart select the new data set and change axis to secondary and got to <chart><chart type> and select the line chart you want. Play with the formating to make it ddo what you want. "smazeika" wrote: > I have 3 series as a percent in a stacked chart and would like to plot a line > in dollars through the the different stacks fo...

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

chart #11
How do I plot a chart with two different rows but same columns. Regards Bismark Show us a small example of the data, please best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Bismark" <Bismark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1DB8CA-E78F-4E10-967E-4922F2431940@microsoft.com... > How do I plot a chart with two different rows but same columns. > > Regards > Bismark ...

Pareto charts and Run Charts
Hi, I need help in making Pareto Chats and Run Charts. Regards, Aliya Aliya - One way to get such help is to use search engine like Google, Bing, etc. Search for "Excel Pareto Chart" or "Excel Runs Chart" (without the quote marks). Many items, including a Microsoft template, will show up. If you need help with a specific question when you create your chart, post again. Be sure to include your Excel version. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "aliya.pawaskar" <aliyapawaskar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

Fill colour on charts between 2 values
We have a requrement for a line chart that shows a maximum, minimum and average value plotted across a period of time. For this particular chart we need to fill the area between the maximum and minumum values with a solid colour to help the variation between the two to really stand out. In other words, there would be a thick band of colour across the chart showing the variance between the maximum and minimum. The average will stay as a normal line, but the difference between the max and min definitely needs to be defined by colour. I've looked at all the different chart types and search...

wrong currency on fund
I entered a few mutual funds into MS Money+ and mistakenly put them into USD instead of EUR. I was able to switch the transaction back to Euro, but in the Account Summary all the prices for those funds still show in USD (although correctly converted from euros). I cant find any way to change the visuals back to EUR as well. Any ideas? It's like the fund itself is stuck on USD, even though the transaction is now in euros. Cor In microsoft.public.money, Cor Bosman wrote: >I entered a few mutual funds into MS Money+ and mistakenly put them into >USD instead of EUR. I was able to swi...

adding vertical bars to an embedded chart using VBA
I have an X-Y scatter plot as an embedded chart. I have a list of X & Y values that I would like to use to draw vertical lines on the chart. The range for x-series is AB10:AC33, and I would like to use the same values to define the y-values (AD10:AE10). I started by recording a macro for adding one series to the chart, then tried to generalize using a for...next loop for adding all 24. This of course did not work. Here is my code: Private Sub combobox_2_click() Dim i As Integer Dim num As Integer Dim myRange As Range If Range("focus_choice") = "All" Then ...

Copied Charts
I am using Excell 2000 Every month I receive excell created charts with data via e-mail. I then copy these charts to another excell file so that we now have 1 file with approximately 22 charts on 11 pages. Here is my problem. I copy a chart that has a ledgened with numbers in it. The original chart is formated as "number with 2 places". I copy the chart and everything looks good. The numbers read as they should - Ex: 9.99 or 7.25 etc. But when I close the original chart, some of the numbers (in the copied chart) in the ledgend change to 9.988888 or to 7.253333. Ho...

Charts #3
hi, i have data on different sheets in a workbook. the data on the first sheet is a name corresponding to which there is an amount in the next cell. On the second sheet too, the same name appears but with a different amount next to it. Is it possible to create a graph based on the two values. ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

radar chart & labels
Is it possible to label *grid* in a radar chart...?The labels of Y-axis makes the chart unreadable... Hi, Here an explanation of what I think you are wanting. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng37.htm Post back if I mis understood. Cheers Andy uriel78 wrote: > Is it possible to label *grid* in a radar chart...?The labels of Y-axis > makes the chart unreadable... > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mutual fund transaction download as wrong Mutual fund
When I download my transaction from my Fidelity IRA Money downloads Fidelity Diversified International (FDIVX) as American Century Equity Income Inv (TWEIX). What would cause this and how can I fix it? I think this originally came in as an unidentified transaction and was accidentally matched with TWEIX. How can this be fixed? ...

Charting Data
Using Excel 2003 I have data that I want to chart, but I'm really not sure where to start. Is anyone willing to look at my Excel file and tell me how to chart this data? It would just be easier for someone to look at it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen Happy to have a look tomorrow. Please get my email address from my website -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABB289D-92EB-4344-9DB9-09E6293041AD@microsoft.com... > Using Excel ...

Automatic Calculation of Co-Op Funds?
Hi, Has anyone developed a solution to manage Co-Op funds? Working with one of our clients who when their vendors buy things from them they earn co-op funds. Sometimes it is a percentage of the product sale price, some times it is a flat rate per unit purchased. In addition, the percentages/rates can change up or down reflecting a promotion that runs for a limited time period. Alan ...

Radar charts with unequal scales along the axes
I need to show a radar chart that has five different axes. That is, each axis has a completely different scale. I am unsure of two things: 1. How to show axes that each have different scales. 2. How to represent that some scales increase from the middle outward and others decrease from the middle outward. Hi, Maybe Tushar's custom radar is what you are after. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Stan R." <Stan R.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:518191...

Charts to ignore null cells!! How?
I have an Excel spreadsheet set up with various charts etc. One of my charts references cells that use a formula similar to: =IF(ISBLANK(E13),"",E13/E2) The problem that I have is that even though the cell E13 is blank, the graph still plots a zero value. Basically, what I want to know is how to get my charts to ignore "null" values in spreadsheets, when I have selected a specific range for the chart, and wish to complete it day by day. I.e. I have 30 days in my monthly chart, but I have only populated 15 of them so far. Cheers JW Use NA() instead of "" =I...

Mutual funds merging with other mutual funds
In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no exchange available in the investment options for mutual funds. In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund >company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 >shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I >ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no >exchange ava...

Time chart
I need a time chart as in example A1= Henry B1=15 C1=21 A2= Sally B2=12 C2-=18 A3= George B3=11 C3=16 A4= Alex B4=10 C4=14 Henry ------------------------ Sally ----------------------- George -------------------- Alex ----------------- 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 You could simulate the chart with an XY Scatter chart of the data 15 4 21 4 12 3 18 3 11 2 16 2 10 1 14 1 Format the y-axes to show no labe...

Reoganization of a Mutual Fund
I have Money 2006. I have a mutual fund that was reorganized and was a non-tax event. All the shares were sold from the old fund and reorganized to a new fund with a different share price. I tried everything to capture this exchange, but can't show it accurately as a non-tax event and correct cost basis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks There's no good way. The best way is probably to edit the details to change the name and symbol and then enter a split to account for the change in price/shares. See http://umpmfaq.info/IntegralSplits.htm for a tool to get an appropri...

Multiple colours in line chart background
Is it possible to vary the colouring of a line chart background to indicate when values are inside a "risk zone"?? An example of this: Scientific values between 60 and 80 are potentially dangerous to clients...if the values exceed 80 they are definitely dangerous...how can I colour these areas in different colours to reinforce to clients that values exist within these ranges?? Sounds a bit like Star Trek doesn't it?? Yellow alert...Red alert... TIA Phillip Topping Hi Phillip, Take a look at Jon Peltier's example, you will need to modify it slightly to check ban...