Column Chart Conditional Formatting

  • Follow

I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value.  I
want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then make
that bar green, if less then red, if same grey.  Any ideas on how to go about
this?

Thanks

Adam Bush
0
Reply Utf 6/2/2010 5:42:06 PM

You'll need to do this by manipulating the actual data.

Setup 3 dummy series, first with a static value of 10. On the chart, format
these green, red, and grey respectively. Now, go back and change the static
values to formulas similar to this:

=IF(B2>A2,B2,NA())

=IF(B2<A2,B2,NA())

=IF(B2=A2,B2,NA())

If your chart has a legend, you can remove the dummy series by
single-clicking twice on the entry, and then press delete.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"adambush4242@hotmail.com"
<adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value.  I
> want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then
> make
> that bar green, if less then red, if same grey.  Any ideas on how to go
> about
> this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam Bush