Print from console application

Hi
I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my console
application.
I want to print the content of a string variable.

I have tried the following to print from a text file:

Dim myPrint as New PrintDocument
myPrint.DocumentName="C:\temp\MyTextDocument.txt"
myPrint.Print

This works, but the printed page is blank.

However - what I really need is to print a text string (several lines).

Any ideas?

best regards
Frank

0
Frank

On 5/30/2010 8:04 AM, Frank GTL wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my console
> application.
> I want to print the content of a string variable.
>
> I have tried the following to print from a text file:
>
> Dim myPrint as New PrintDocument
> myPrint.DocumentName="C:\temp\MyTextDocument.txt"
> myPrint.Print
>
> This works, but the printed page is blank.
>
> However - what I really need is to print a text string (several lines).
>
> Any ideas?
>

> best regards
> Frank

Printing works the same in .Net, whether it is from a console app or
from a windows forms app.  Try the example at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.printing.printdocument.aspx.
  It's a bit more involved than you have shown.

--
Mike
0
Am 30.05.2010 14:04, schrieb Frank GTL:
> I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my console
> application.
> I want to print the content of a string variable.
>
> I have tried the following to print from a text file:
>
> Dim myPrint as New PrintDocument
> myPrint.DocumentName="C:\temp\MyTextDocument.txt"
> myPrint.Print
>
> This works, but the printed page is blank.
>
> However - what I really need is to print a text string (several lines).

Handle the 'PrintDocument' object's 'PrintPage' event and send the text
to the printer there using 'e.Graphics.DrawString(...)'.

--
  M S   Herfried K. Wagner
M V P  <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

Running a PIF file using CreateProcess in an allocated console window
Hello, I am trying to find a way to execute a pif file within the context of my own application's console using AllocConsole. My basic need is to have the console in my context so I can use the console API's AND I must use the pif parameters for EMS, XMS, and a few other parameters. Is there a way to do this ? Is there a way around ? For example, try running "start /b XX.pif" I am getting an error message The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. and get the Close Ignore buttons. This is not related to any problems in the DOS application. If I use CREATE_...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

CHtmlView and Printing

"Tiled" print setting.

Problems with printing

Float window in MDI application
Hi! I write a MDI application to show large images. I also need a windows to show the overview of whole image. I dont know the best way to do it. One thought is build a spliter window, but that will waste some space. Because the overview is small, for example 128*128, when take a vertical splitter the remaider space (640-128)*128 will be wasted. Another is Draw the detail image and then draw the overview on left upper corner in OnDraw. But in my application, the image is draw by tile, not in once, so this method can't be accepted. Third I think is best. A float window always on top of imag...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Ac
I have crm 3.0 and sql 2005 on separate servers. When I select Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contacte the system administrator. The SQL 2005 is 64 bits on Windows 2003 64 bits. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...