ODBC driver for CSV/TEXT file on Windows 2008

I need to know how to obtain and install ODBC text driver on a WIndows 2008
server. CUrrently, the only driver installed is SQLServer v 6.01.7600
The code below worked on my PC but not on the server (as a client machine).

Dim csvConnection As OdbcConnection
Dim ConnectionString As String = "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt;
*.csv)};Dbq=" & mcsvPath & ";"

YOur help is greatly appreciated.
Bill

0
Bill

Moving Files
I have a column with a path for every record in Column D. Example \\TEST\MyDoc\Pic.bmp How do I by record copy each file at the path listed to a new folder in My Docs called (CopyData)? Thanks, AJ Something like this will work: Sub test() Dim i As Long Dim arr 'looping through an array is a bit faster arr = Range(Cells(4), Cells(100, 4)) For i = 1 To UBound(arr) 'this presumes the full path is in range in column D FileCopy arr(i, 1), "C:\My Documents\CopyData\" & FileFromPath(arr(i, 1)) Next i End Sub Function Fil...

Error while opening New call service Form in Filed Service in Business Portal
I have successfully installed Microsoft Dynamics GP Bysiness Portal, but when i open the new call service form in Feild service module i get following error messege "Insufficient authorization to perform this action." "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrators, see the server log for more information." when I see the Event log it also shows the error log in detail. following is the error messege. Could not execute WebMethod GetServiceCallList on WebService at http://iopsoft/dynamicsgpwebservices/dynamicsgpservice.asmx in App Dom...

CSV and Unicode (or UTF-8) problem
In Office 2003 (and I suppose it's true for Office XP and 2000): When we save an Excel file to CSV file, Excel doesn't ask if we have to care about encoding, in particular, I wanted to save Unicode in UTF-8 but I can't. This is very annoying for multi-national companies which has Excel files coming from different part of the world. On the other hand, I tried to edit a CSV to add some Chinese characters in it and save it in UTF-8 and double-click to open it. Excel is then launched but it doesn't care file encoding either. The only way to get around "opening"...

Why need to install Driver for new Thumbdrive / harddisk
When I insert a new thumbdrive or Harddisk to my office laptop, it will prompt me to install driver. I wonder why is it necessary to do this for each new thumbdrive or harddisk ? Won't the drivers have been install the first time I insert any thumbdrive or harddisk ? Thanks. dingdongdingding wrote: > When I insert a new thumbdrive or Harddisk to my office laptop, it > will prompt me to install driver. I wonder why is it necessary to do > this for each new thumbdrive or harddisk? Won't the drivers have > been installed the first time I insert any thumbdrive o...

Outlook express files-folders convert over to outlook 2007
I installed Windows 7 and Office 2007 on a new hard drive. I had Win XP and used Outlook Express and i connected the hard drive to the computer so that i can access all my files and folders (from the XP hard drive). I tried to import the WAB file but i must be doing something wrong. do i have to export the WAB and the folders in Express before i can import them into Outlook 2007. I can boot up the XP hard drive if necessary. -- Thank you, ...

force user to input text -word 2007???
hi, i'm wondering if it is possible to force a user to choose an option from a drop down list within word 2007 before they save and quit the document. Example - user types some text in a document but forgets to click their name in a pre-defined list, they then try to save the document and then quite the document. is it possible for a prompt to show on screen reminding them to do this. or if not possible a similar type of method prompting them to put their name in a field that i choose. I'm not a programmer so using VB is not really an option unless i have some assi...

How to concatenate multiple values in text box
I'm trying to code a control source for a text box to concatenate and handle various possible values. There are three fields I need to handle: For example, if the values for the three fields are ... Person_Relation = "Parent" Person_Relation_Other = <NULL> Person_Relation_Type = "Biological" .... my text box should show: Parent :Biological; (The ":" and ";" will be replaced by "(" and ")" but for now it's easier to use something other than parentheses for testing.) If instead the values for the three fields are...

Windows Vista SP2 clients of SBS 2008 hanging on startup problem since update
On all of the laptops running Windows Vista Business SP2 on our Windows SBS 2008 network, it is taking several hours to startup ever since the March 9th Small Business Server client update. It hangs there with the "Please wait" message for over 30 minutes. Most of the users encountering this indefinitely long wait have tried to break out of it and shut down and restart their laptops. When this happens, Windows Explorer hangs and they spend all day trying to restart their systems. Only when the system is started without the network, will it finally make it to the Windows...

Win98 SE, Office 2000: ODBC from Excel behaves strangely on one computer
Hi When I create an ODBC query from another Excel workbook, using query wizard, then usually after I select the workbook as data source, in wizard's next window all available tables (defined non-dynamic named ranges in this workbook) are displayed, ans I'm asked to select columns. The source workbook remains closed. Now in one single computer, after I select the workbook as data source, this workbook is opened and recalculated automatically, and only after that the wizard continues with next window. And when I open some workbook, containing such ODBC query, or when I try to refresh s...

Odbc #2
I have created a spreadsheet to extract data from Sage accounts usin ODBC. My accounts package is multi-company so there is a separate dat source for each company. These data sources contain exactly the sam fields but different data. I would like to use the same spreadsheet with a new data source probably by making a copy of it and somehow pointing the existing quer to one of the other data sources. Can this be done or do I just hav to start again -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to detect if a text file is ISO8859-1,ISO8859-15,UTF-8 or UniCode encoded
Assume I have a text file. How can I detect if the text inside is encoded in ISO8859-1 ISO8859-15 UTF-8 UniCode Karl "Karl Mondale" <kmond_2@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:4b597c3b$0$6590$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net... > Assume I have a text file. How can I detect if the text inside is encoded > in > > ISO8859-1 > ISO8859-15 > UTF-8 > UniCode > > Karl I would check Google or Wikipedia, e.g. here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1. It explains the whole code in detail. To find out progr...

Windows Mail
I have Windows Vista fully up to date with Norton 360 also up to date. When I download POP emails into the inbox of Windows Mail all is good but when I move them to newly created folders within WM, they show as present in the lists but on double clicking, they are not present and the message 'mail not found appears'. It appears to be spreading and I am seeing numerous reports of other people having the same problem recently. There is no point telling me that the windows mail folder must be corrupt because that is obvious and the 3rd Party WMUtil has no effect on this prob...

PDF file #5

odbc
instead of converting from excel to access, and cut and paste. Is it possible to make an ODBC connection to an ACCESS database that has many calculations Um, doesn't it depend on how the calculations are done? If there are queries that include user-defined functions, you're not going to be able to use them through ODBC. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message news:#a8OyOfaDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Yes. > "Daina" <dainadane@hotmail.com> wrote in...

odbc
I've got a problem with inserting image to database. I've got a CByteArray m_pic and CFile file: [...] file.Open(filePath, CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); m_pic.SetSize(file.GetLength()); [...] How can I send it to database now? If I want to update record in database i usually do it like that: [...] CString SQL; SQL.Format("update TABLE set FIELD='%s' where id=%u", newFieldValue, id); dataBase DB; if(!DB.db.IsOpen()){ if(!DB.DBConnect()) return -1; } DB.db.ExecuteSQL(SQL); [...] ArtuS ...

Excel Link to another Excel file and formulas
I have a formula that I want to "fill" down through my spreadsheet ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$5 When I fill the formula down it does not change the reference. e.g. ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$6 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$7 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$8 Everything remains as referencing $B$5 How can I get around this issue? Thanks, RICK The problem is that your use of an absolute reference is holding the cell reference constant. Try changing the $B$5 to: $B5 if you want to keep the column set as B as you...

compaq NC3120 fast ethernet NIC lan card driver issue in windows 7
Hello, My name is Nasir...And I like to ask for compaq NC3120 fast ethernet NIC driver for windows 7... And is it compatible with windows 7. Thanks & Regards Nasir Mahmood. On Nov 23, 6:25=A0pm, Nasir <Nasir @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, My name is Nasir...And I like to ask for compaq NC3120 fast ethern= et > NIC driver for windows 7... And is it compatible with windows 7. > > Thanks & Regards > Nasir Mahmood. This is a Windows Server "grade" network adapter. To look for official driver, look on www.hp.com. However, s...

Importing large text file into Excel
I am trying to import a text file into excel which has some 101200 rows, when I import it into excel 2002, it only imports 65536 rows. Is there any way that I can import all the data into the current worksheet? Any help is appreciated. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q120596 you can't import all the data into the current sheet (XL97 and later sheets are limited to 65536 rows), but you can import it into multiple sheets, then cut and paste to different columns (as long as you don't go over 256 columns). That could be added to the macr...

personal folder appear @X, although it is only one file.
For some reason my “personal folders” appear twice under “the all mail folders”. It is the same exact file. They have different icons but both point to one location Thank You Peter W Peter <pweissz@yahoo.com> wrote: > For some reason my “personal folders” appear twice under “the all > mail folders”. It is the same exact file. They have different icons > but both point to one location? You have a corrupt mail profile. Create a new one. -- Brian Tillman ...

Import Smith Barney Excel.csv data
I would like to import my Smith Barney statements to MS Money2003 via the SB, Portfolio, Download transactions method. When I did this, it created an Excel.cvs. When I went back to MSMoney, I could not figure out how to import the excel file data. It discusses imports of Quicken QIF or an OFC file, but does not mention .csv, or any other .extension choice that SB gave me -that I could see. Smith Barney says I can import the Excel file to Money, but they refuse to tell me how once I have created the file from their website. I do not want to use the SB $3monthly automatic ...

quattro pro file
I get this file quattro pro format, cannot change it as excel file but need it. I install the Quattro Pro 7 extension for Excel but the file does not open as not valid. Any idea? any help? Thanks Pat ...

Importing Outlook 2003 file into 2002
Trying to import my Outlook 2003 pst file into my laptop which runs Outlook 2002 and it does not recognize the file. Appears that Outlook 2003 is not backwards compatible with Outlook 2002. Any suggestions besides installing Outlook 2002 on the laptop (would prefer not to do this for various reasons)? In Outlook 2003, use the File->export->Data Management File. Select the Outlook 97-2002 version and export your items to that format. Then, copy that file to your Outlook 2002 system (wherever you want) and then use Outlook->File->open to access the items. --� Milly Staples...

ODBC Error
Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so... I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in a very long time. We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll use MS Access in this case): "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC driver could not be found. Please install the driver." I click OK then: ...

Unable to set the Text Property of the Characters class

DOS Device Drivers, Interrupt Vectors
I used to have a second computer for testing TCP/IP packet activity. It was setup to use DOS and a packet driver, with a utility to transmit data. Would you know where to find a packet driver for DOS? I used to have a boot disk with all device drivers, but I lost it. http://www.simtel.net/product/view/id/47331 "Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uCllf10ELHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I used to have a second computer for testing TCP/IP packet activity. It > was > setup to use DOS and a packet driver, with a utility ...