Caps Lock always on in Word and Outlook

My Cap Lock is always On in Word and Outlook.  Does anyone know how to turn
them off, without, having to do it manually each time?  Also, sometimes,
replies come back in Caps, although the original were not capitalize.
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you have a general question about Microsoft's ".NET" (a.k.a. dotnet)
programming platform, which is what this newsgroup is for?

"DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Cap Lock is always On in Word and Outlook.  Does anyone know how to
> turn
> them off, without, having to do it manually each time?  Also, sometimes,
> replies come back in Caps, although the original were not capitalize.

0
Scott
12/8/2009 8:02:44 PM
This has nothing to do with .NET but try this
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081031100029AASM4E0
--
-John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/
is helpful.

"DC" wrote:

> My Cap Lock is always On in Word and Outlook.  Does anyone know how to turn
> them off, without, having to do it manually each time?  Also, sometimes,
> replies come back in Caps, although the original were not capitalize.

Outlook stipping CSS from new emails! :-(
Hi, I use a sig file that contains some CSS. This seemed to work fine and dandy untill the installation of Office 2003 SP1. Now Outlook seems to automatically strip away *all* CSS code from my sig in new emails! :-( Is there any way of getting around this behaviour?? ...

All Caps
Is there a way to make sure that a string of data entered in a form (such as "bbb") gets stored in the underlying table as "BBB"? I put the ">" in the format field of the form but that doesn't do it. Thanks Kevin D You could put something like this in the AfterUpdate event of all the fields you want to be in upper case. If Not IsNull(Me.LastName) Then Me.LastName= UCase(Me.LastName) "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447175B6-26C1-4A8D-B7B1-DB7F7FE075CD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make su...

how to import word 2007 custom setting from one computer to anothe
I have a lot of custom settings in Word 2007 on one computer. I am installing word on another computer and want to import all my settings--toolbar, dictionaries, macros, etc. How do I do this. I have info on how to do the auto-correct entries, but haven't found info on how to do the others. thanks. also, I am wondering why even tho I check the "notify me of replies" box on this site, I never get notified of replies. ...

Outlook 2003 and MS Word as Editor
One of our users has MS Office 2003 installed on his laptop. If he tries to use MS Word 2003 as his editor for reading and replying, Outlook appears to hang. After several minutes (at least 5), it looks like Outlook is still trying to load Word as the editor, but nothing happens. The user has to end the task. If we deselect the options to use Word 2003 as the editor, the system responds appropriately. Any ideas? I have another problem with this configuration. When I tried to reply a mail or send a new one, the window of the mail are closed. I deselect the options too and it work ...

File locking
Hi there, How can I: - lock a file foo.xml to write/append it and avoid other processes to read/write it? - verify if a file is locked and wait for it to be unlocked to read and modify it? Thanks in advance, Giulio -- Hi, > How can I: > - lock a file foo.xml to write/append it and avoid other processes to > read/write it? > - verify if a file is locked and wait for it to be unlocked to read and > modify it? See : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7db28s3c.aspx and the "share" parameter. You'll have an IOException if you try to ...

Shapes are locked for connecting
Hello Attached is a Visio 2003 Test sheet. In this sheet, there I can no longer connect to the shapes. I have not set any attribute or property!? Last time I edited this sheet, closed it, and today I open it, and could no longer connect! You can get this file on http:\\www.gspon.net\visio Please help me to find out why I cannot connect? regards remo On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:37:20 +0200, "remo" <brigger@onlinepansystem.ch> wrote: >Hello >Attached is a Visio 2003 Test sheet. >In this sheet, there I can no longer connect to the shapes. >I have not set any attribu...

Outlook addin problem
Hello All, I have created outlook addin for outlook 2000, using ATL,vc++ In that i am importing c:\program files\microsoft office\office\msoutl9.olb file initially. Which works completely fine. Now I want to run this outlook addin for outlook 2003. But it will require c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\msoutl.olb. with two different paths for 2000 and 2003 respectively, how do i know which one to import? How can i do this? Is there a method to achive this ? HOW? How can i achive this with minimal changes in my addin code. Thanks in advance. Jay ...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

locked for editing
I've been getting this problem recently. An excel file frequently claims that it is locked for editing when I try to open it. If I restart the computer, it's okay, but it's not always convenient to restart when I need access to that file. This happens even when no one else could possibly be accessing the file over the network because I am disconnected from it and no one has access. The fie is on my local hard drive. What can cause this? A bad or incomplete save? The file is not corrupt when I reboot and am able to access it. Where is the locked for editing status stored? In the f...

Finding words
Hi. I'm looking for a fonction or a macro to know if, in a reaserch, the excel found or if he didn't find what a asked (I use function find at text category to find words). Exemple: If he found at least 1 element, he returns 1. If he found nothing, he returns 0. Can you help me? thanks -- laurag ------------------------------------------------------------------------ laurag's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493325 Maybe you can use =countif() If you're lo...

Locked VBA Project
Hello, I have Access 2003, but my friend has Access 2000. I made a system for him in 2003, but saving it as 2000, as the default setting. When I try to go in to the mdb file when it's on his 2000 system, it tells me that the VBA project is locked. It doesn't even ask me for the password. Is this something that I have done in the setup on 2003? I didn't save it as an mde file, and left it as an mdb so that i could make changes to it remotely without having to send him the file again each time by email, and he wouldn't know how to set it up the other end anyway. If...

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Move mailbox provides server Netbios name instead of FQDN to Outlook
Our Exchange 2003 servers support a large population of remote and roving users who are not connected to the corporate LAN/WAN and do not login to the corporate domain. Our users use a wide variety of computers that are not under corporate control (home-based and traveling users with personal laptops, etc). All run Outlook 2003. Some run RPC over HTTP and do not experience the problem described here. Straight MAPI clients experience the problem. The problem is that in this situation, when a mailbox is moved from one Exchange 2003 server to the other, the Outlook 2003 profiles are not auto...

Lock in data by a date
Help please...How can I lock in data collected by date in one file which comes from another file where the date is changing daily. For example, file one has date and data I record in file two. The next day, file one's date changes and has new data. I need day 1's data under day 1, and day 2's data under day 2 etc. The file name of file one does not change but the daily data I need to record will. Any assistance would be greatlly appreciated. Although your post doesn't say it I'm guessing that file 2 has formulas that reference file 1 and therefore the values of the ...

Menu Control dynamic items always white
I have tried EVERYTHING and read tons of posts on this topic. If I created a menu control that has 1 level of static items and then some items have dynamic items under it. In IE8 when the dynamic menu items show as the mouse passes over it, the entire popup is white background. I have tried different fonts, colors, etc. and it always happens. I did add <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=EmulateIE7" / > into the web.config file but it is still the same result. It works in mozilla so I know it is something with IE but what? Again I've read tons of posts...

"name locked" or "switch user" page
When I open my laptop lid, or boot the machine up, I come first to "my name locked" of which I can click on it and then I go into Windows. I can click on "switch user" BUT what I want is ....... to simply bypass this page when I boot my computer up or lift the lid. I don't want to see this page. Can someone please give me instructions as how to set this so this snag will go away. Thanks! And your Internet Explorer question would be...? Try posting here instead: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general LumberGumRubber wrote: > When I open my laptop lid,...

Eestore the In Box of Outlook e-mail page to the original formatti
I was experimenting with the "Views" settings of my In Box email page. Now I would like to restore everything back to the original settings. How can I do that? Select Customize Current View and select Reset Current View by right clicking on the From,Subject,Received line in Outlook -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Balticbeau" <Balticbeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E78A45-1188-48D7-98A2-BAC4B90EF5A5@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Outlook XP #22
Running Office XP, latest service packs. Exchange 2000, current service pack (3 with rollup) on Windows 2000 on SP4. Outlook is in Corp/Workgroup mode. Laptop users are configured to use POP3 e-mail so that when they are out of the office, they can retrieve their e-mail. (They also have an Exchange configuration so they can see the Public Folders, resulting in 2 'Inboxes' in Outlook.) We have set the Exchange configuration to not send/receive mail so they are onl using POP3 to do so. They want these laptops to get mail in and out of the office, and not use OWA. The problem is tha...

Microsoft Office Word Document is missing from Insert Object dialog
From the Word 2007 ribbon, clicked Insert, Object, Insert Object. Received Object dialog. On Create tab of dialog, scrolled through list of available Object Types. Microsoft Office Word xxx types are missing. Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, etc. are there. Color me confused. Doesn't happen on all boxes here in-plant, but does on some. Hoping that someone can educate me with respect to: 1. What caused the problem, and 2. How to correct it. thanks, david You don't have, Insert | Object | Microsoft Word Document in your list? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &...

Excel/Word merging format pb
I am trying to merge an excel spreadsheet w/financial information into a letter. When I complete the merge, the numbers show with no $ sign, nor comma separator. I have tried setting them up as text in the excel spdsheet, but that does not work either. Thanks for any suggestions -- this is driving me bonkers!!!! If you use a helper cell (in excel) with a formula like: =text(a1,"$0.00") Then import that, does it work? Debra Dalgleish has posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word ...

I do not know how to set POP3/SMTP on my Outlook 2000
I do not know to set up POP3/SMTP on my Outlook, and how is the setting , in order for me to receive/sending emails. I neither know how is the structure ( I guess is how you call it, I do not know, forgive me...) In other word, how is the way I need to type it or enter it to outlook for it to work and where in outlook I need to type it? Thank you for your help > I do not know to set up POP3/SMTP on my Outlook, and how is the > setting , in order for me to receive/sending emails. I neither know > how is the structure ( I guess is how you call it, I do not know, > forgive me.....

how do i extra data from excel into Word Document template
Hi all I have two columns in my spreadsheet: *Name* and *amount due*: I have 100 records of a *name of a person* and a*mount due for each*. I wanna be able to Extract Each data from the spreadsheet and put it into a general Word Document Template for example - Dear [name goes here], Please advised that you have $[amount due] left and this should be paid by the end of the month. Sincerely, Your accountant. - How do i go about extracting this data and just basically automating the whole process? Thank you -Khaled -- Dev4me -------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2000 locks up
My Outlook 2000 locks up after about 2 minutes. I can download email and after reading a couple email, the hour glass appears. In task manager two Outlook applications are running and they are linked to processes for explorer.exe and outlook.exe. They both report in task manager as "Not Responding" I have downloaded the latest updates with no positive results, and I have upgraded the Microsoft Messenger. My virus software is current. Can anyone help with a recommendation or fix? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2000 locks up after about 2 minutes. I...

word 2008 crashes on quit after pdf save
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm using word 2008 (12.2.3) and SL 10.6.2. After I save a doc/docx document in PDF, then quit word, it crashes with the message &quot;word has quit unexpectedly.&quot; The problem occurs only when word exits--and after a PDF save either from the print or the &quot;save as&quot; menu. How did you make the document? What printer driver are you using? Which PDF software are you using? What other software is running? This is going to be a chore to track down. It's a rare probl...

how can i convert a number in words?
can i convert a number in a cell into another cell in words? for example, 100 in one hundred See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "HOP" <HOP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9610D0A3-66C6-45A4-B627-18D974377375@microsoft.com... > can i convert a number in a cell into another cell in words? > for example, 100 in one hundred ...