WCF: why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoint?

Look at WCF configuration file, little bit teditious ,

On server side, why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoints?

And both client and server side has <client> element.  And are same.

So seems server side <client> is redudent.
---

Why is the resource best explain all those configurations? MSDN doc is too
brief.

Thanks,

0
Ryan

On 7/31/2010 8:21 PM, Ryan Liu wrote:
> Look at WCF configuration file, little bit teditious ,
>
> On server side, why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoints?
>
> And both client and server side has <client> element. And are same.
>
> So seems server side <client> is redudent.

No...  the configs are not the same. And besides, it's a two way
communications and they have to be on the same page sort of speaking
with client/service configurations, and WCF is more than just Web
service communications.

It can do HTTP, TCP/IP, MSMQ and Named Pipe client/service
communications. So the configs pretty much have to be generic to deal
with all the various properties that can be set in a config file for a
WCF client/service.

0
Mr

HQ Client API needed
We have found that, with a fast and secure WAN, hosting the HQ and all of our 40+ store databases on a single SQL server at the corporate office gives us more control and functionality, with fewer potential points of failure. The big challenge is how to connect all stores to the server overnight using a single instance of HQ Client. We have been using a macro to set the store DB in configuration and start the connection. Unfortunately, detecting the end of each session and starting the next is currently based on evaluating the color of a pixel. We want to develop a true enterprise-le...

Person names smart tag integration with Messenger
I'm trying to understand how the person names smart tag stuff works in Outlook 2003 with Exchange users. The only way I can seem to get the tags to work correctly is if the primary smtp address on a user is the same as their Windows Messenger (passport) address, which is a problem for us. Secondary smtp addresses don't work. There's also the msExchIMAddress attribute I haven't toyed with, but I assume that's a holdover from the defunct Exchange IM service. Is anyone else using messenger integration without matching primary smtp addresses? Cheers. ...

Difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?
I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to use each one? What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service? [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")] [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode = AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)] Cindy Lee wrote: > I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax > Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? It just means that you c...

Looking for help...I can't send e-mail using CRM web client
I'm having a problem with trying to send e-mails vie the CRM web client. When I try to send the e-mail I get a pop-up with the message in bold "Unexpected Error" "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I've checked the event logs, no errors are showing up in either my CRM server or my exchange server. I'm lost, new to CRM. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks, You could try to add pre-windows2000 account to the administrator group on the exchange server. Some time that helps "Marty" wrote:...

3.0 laptop client fails to connect
Installed laptop client against Outlook 2003 sp2. No errors on install. It even connected on the first time. I've uninstalled and installed many times. Here's a log excerpt: # CRM Tracing Version 1.1 Unmanaged # LocalTime: 2006-02-08 16:59:30.987 # Categories: *:Verbose # Schedule: Hourly # ComputerName: LT-JJB # CRMVersion: 3.0.5300.0 [2006-02-08 16:59:30.987] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:1004 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Reading registry key BusinessId failed Function: FReadWzRegKeyValue File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\application\outlook\addin\common.cpp L...

CRM Contacts
I had a user complain about this issue, does an answer/explanation jump out at anyone? Had issue where CRM sent all CRM contacts into his personal Outlook (he has since deleted them and backed up his actual contacts from his Palm Pilot) Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net In one of the SFO folders, say Accounts, select Tools/Options. At the bottom of the screen the last section is titled "Create Microsoft CRM Items in my default Outlook folders". If you uncheck the Contacts box then next time you go offline contacts will not be copied from CRM down to Outlook contacts. T...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Outlook Client very slowly?!
Hi, our Outlookclients are very slowly on access our Exchange 2003 Server. The user reporting a windows that say: "Data will fetch from the Exchange server!" (Sorry, i have the report only in german ;-( Example: A User will open a Groupdate. The window opened with the report! After a few secounds the report is closed, but the Groupdate is not open. After the user retried the groupdate is open an it works! And so on! How can i solve the problem!! Many thanks!! Ulli ...

Tracked emails not seen in MSCRM3 Web Client
I need to know how you can view a list of emails in the web client where those emails have been flagged to "track in CRM" but no "Regarding" value has been set. Can anyone let me know how to do this? TIA Antony All emails seen in web client are 'tracked'. "Antony" <info AT webpc DOT biz> wrote in message news:O3zebRFeGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to know how you can view a list of emails in the web client where > those emails have been flagged to "track in CRM" but no "Regarding" value > has > been se...

MessageSecurityException problem in WCF
Hi, I am writing WCF based application on vs2k8. I wrote Service with name "IService" and expose given operation, [OperationContract] public Result ActionPerform(string function_name, ABase obj) { // FOR TESTING IResult res = null; res = new IResult(ResultStatus.EXCEPTION, new TestException(RelectionLibExceptionCode.CLASS_EXCEPTION, new NotImplementedException())); return res; } 1. ABase is abstract class for all client classes. 2. "function_name" will contain function name that will call by ref...

WCF in-code configuration more tightly coupled?
Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever the service contracts are located). Looks like this configuration method isn't the best choice if you've got multiple consumer clients. Seems to me that using 'Add Service Reference' is still preferred for this scenario, no? suedeuno wrote: > Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client > service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever > the service contracts are located). Looks like thi...

XSLT or define relations
What do you think is the best design approach when your trying to get nested XML results from dataSet.GetXML. Define the relations in the dataset or apply an XSLT stylesheet to nest the results by syncing the dataset with an XMLdocument? If you can define relations on the dataset that would be the recommended approach, although post processing with an XSLT stylesheet will always give you more options. It doesn't necessarily have to be either/or - you could do both if need be. "womber" <womber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A00E0EBD-8B49-4712-9...

TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch, Popular Wristwatch
TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch, Popular Wristwatch Popular Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/ TAG Heuer Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/TAG-Heuer-Watches.html TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch: http://www.watchebay.net/TAG-Heuer-2000-AquaRacer.html TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer All Hot Luxury Wristwatch : Tag Heuer 2000 Aquaracer Diamond Pink Ladies Watch WAF141A.BA0813 : http://www.watchebay.net/Tag-Heuer-2000-Aquaracer-Diamond-Pink-Ladies-Watch-WAF141A.BA0813.html Tag Heuer 2000 Aquaracer Ladies Watch WAF1410.BA0812 : http://www.watchebay.net/Tag-Heuer-2000-Aquaracer-Ladies-Watch-WAF1410.BA0...

User defined type not defined?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CADCBA.E1E83600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All I have recently been having some VBA corruption problems, which I have = been taking steps to sort out - one of which has been to do = Debug>Compile db1 after every amendment I make to any of the code. I = have noticed 3 different outcomes of the Debug>Compile db1: 1. Sometimes I get a message "User defined type not defined" - but the = cursor does not move to a...

Uninstalling CRM Desktop Client
I have a laptop that had the desktop client installed (CRM 3.0). I uninstalled the client by running the setup program. I'm now trying to install the laptop client but I got the infamous message that another version already exists. If I go into Add/Remove programs there's nothing there for CRM. Other users have logged into this laptop before - so I had to install CRM for each individual profile. I'm guessing I now have to login as those users as well and do uninstalls for each of them? Here is the unstall steps we use when we need to re install the application on our w...

WCF Performance Issue
Jan 8, 2009 Happy new year. (Using VB Net 2008, SQL 2008) I have built a winform application that uses WCF. Now I am sending a query that retruns a DataSet from the WCF. I have seen that the performance is not good if the DataSet is large. Request Advise on: 1. What is the best and fastest way to retrieve data through WCF. 2. Is there a way to compact a DataSet for transfer, if a DataSet is used. 3. I am using basicHttpBinding. I have seen reference of NetTCPBinding in internet indicating that it uses binary instead of text transfers. If yes, can someone please point me...

CRM Parent Account to Outlook Client Company Field
Our implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 does not map the CRM Parent Account to the Outlook Client Company field on the desktop. Personal PDAs also lack the same content. I understand that this is a design point of the product. Will a future release address this or is our implementation flawed? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Mail merge for Web client
I am using the web client. I understand that mail merge is only available in CRM for Outlook client. My company is looking at sending out a mailer to approx. 1000 contacts. Email is not an option. Is there anyway that I can do this in CRM without having individually record an activity for each contact? Is there any way to perform a mail merge with the CRM for web client? Thank you! Choices are: 1. Buy the add in from crmexperts.com or 2. Create you target list in CRM (e.g. using advanced find) , export to Excel, the use standard Word mail-merge to email with the new Excel file a...

RichText showing <div> and other tags
Por favor, converti um banco de dados de 2002 para 2007 e alguns campos memo mostram ainda alguns caracteres como <div>, </div>, > depois que converti os campos na tabela e no formulário para RichText. Solicito a gentileza me ajudarem a criar uma macro ou uma consulta atualização para eliminar ou substituir estes caracteres pelos seus correspondentes no campo memorando. Pesquisei na base de dados mas as informações não foram suficientes para eu resolver este problema. Informo que tenho 6 campos memo em mais de 12000 registros. Tentei...

wcf failing recompile in prod after iisreset
I have been using WCF for a while now of late we have strange issue with our App in PROd. it sprodaically throwing the below error message as and when we reset the iis. but works fine if we delete Framework \v2.*\asp.net tempfolder\abcd folder. is this due to any permission issue how do i debug this more ? Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult/25773083 Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/ABCD/Myservice.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message ...

CRM web client problem
Hello, I have installed MSCRM and have the following problem: if I enter to the web client to default page (http://mscrm/), I am redirected to the error page: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Event log contains the following: --------------------- MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about ...

client installation #2
Hello, I have an issue with the installation of the laptop client on a freshly installed Win XP machine. We are running CRM 3.0 and Office 2007 including Outlook 2007. I choose to install the laptop-client but it actually installs the desktop-client. If I check Outlook-CRM-Help-Info it shows that it is the desktop-client. But if I check Windows-Control Panel-Software it shows that the laptop-client is installed. I uninstalled completely and reinstalled the laptop-client but still it is only the online-client. No possibility to go offline and do synchronization or setup the records to sync. ...

Rules in Define View disappear
I created a new view MyView using Define Views (and automatic formatting) in Outlook. I added several rules to customize font colors based on different conditions. I also modified the standard view Unread Messages in This Folder also using Define Views. After flipping back and forth a few times between MyView and Unread Messages in This Folder the customized font colors in MyView disappear. When I reopen the automatic formatting form in Define Views the rules I created are gone. The custom formatting in Unread Messages in This Folder is still OK. How can I prevent the rules from ...

Contacts with Outlook client
Hello, My users did a goff online. The problem is that it imported their contacts but the contact from the colleague to. Maybe I didn't configure the CRM the righ way. Can someone tell me how to block this? Do I have to do this with the rights configuration? Thanks for your help, Gilles Gilles; The rule of thumb is that "if a user can see a contact while they are on-line, they will be able to see it when they go off-line". You are correct in that you need to use Business Units and Security Roles to segregate your data between groups of users. Dave "Gilles Gandini&...

User defined function
I wonder if there is any way for me to write an user defined function so that everytime I open a new Excel spread sheet I can use it. Something like internal function. -- linzhang426 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ linzhang426's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474292 Yes. If you save your UDFs in your personal.xls they will be available whenever you use Excel -- Gary''s Student "linzhang426" wrote: > &g...