WCF: why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoint?

Look at WCF configuration file, little bit teditious ,

On server side, why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoints?

And both client and server side has <client> element.  And are same.

So seems server side <client> is redudent.

Why is the resource best explain all those configurations? MSDN doc is too

On 7/31/2010 8:21 PM, Ryan Liu wrote:
> Look at WCF configuration file, little bit teditious ,
> On server side, why both <serivce> and <client> tag defines endpoints?
> And both client and server side has <client> element. And are same.
> So seems server side <client> is redudent.

No...  the configs are not the same. And besides, it's a two way
communications and they have to be on the same page sort of speaking
with client/service configurations, and WCF is more than just Web
service communications.

It can do HTTP, TCP/IP, MSMQ and Named Pipe client/service
communications. So the configs pretty much have to be generic to deal
with all the various properties that can be set in a config file for a
WCF client/service.

Outlook Client on Citrix #3
I have a client that is running CRM 3.0 Outlook Client on (2) Citrix servers. They are getting multiple synchronization errors. Any ideas? Let me know what information is needed to make a determination of where the problem is coming from. Thanks CRM 3 is not fully support on terminal services, but these might help you. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en, which is how to deply CRM on terminal services. Also have a look a this, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06...

WCF connection information
I have a client/server WCF application that uses a per-session connection. I would like to maintain an audit trail of all connection attempts. A valid user is required to login, and that login operation contract can require specifying the source machine name and ip address. However I would like to determine at least the ip address of connection attempts that fail to do a proper login. Is there any way to discover the ip address of a WCF connection without actually making the client declare it? Certainly the ServiceHost manager must keep track of it but I can't seem to find it...

Outlook client 11-13-06
Dumb question - where do you get the Outlook client from? Do you have to purchase it separately, or does it come with the CD to install CRM? Our IT guy installed CRM, so I have no idea what is on the CD, or even what version we're running (although I do know that we're only licenced for 25 users). I'm just doing end user customisations. I think it ships with the CRM server software. Check Disc 2 of the package. HTH, Niths "WiLLerZ" wrote: > Dumb question - where do you get the Outlook client from? Do you have > to purchase it separately, or does it come with...

Difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?
I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to use each one? What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service? [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")] [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode = AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)] Cindy Lee wrote: > I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax > Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? It just means that you c...

Microsoft Laptop Client
Hi, My CRM server is installed at http://localhost. I have installed Microsoft CRM Client for Laptop Client. When i am offline the fetch url is showing http://localhost:2525/.... Why the same url is accessed when the Laptop client is in online mode also(ie localhot:2525). In the case of online it should hit the original url (http://localhost) instead of http://localhost:5555. Any one please explain my understanding is correct or not? If this is true there is any setting so that when the laptop client is online it will hit the original url? Please explain about this. Thanks Pramod H...

HQ Client v2.0 constantly stuck
My HQ Client v2.0 is always (like 2-3 times every day at every location) getting stuck in what appears to be some kind of endless loop. In the 'status' area near the top of the HQ Client window, it flashes two messages too fast to read. Something about POS Socket and Checking... something. Three of the stores' HQ Client are on Windows Server 2003 boxes, the other on XP Pro. It happens at every store, practically every day, and routinely happens multiple times/day. I'm running v2.0.0109 Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --...

Junk Mail on Non-Outlook Client
I have IMF installed and it is working great; however I have one user with a Mac who is not able to have messages sent to his junk email folder since he is on a Mac running Entourage client. Is there any known way to get around this Thanks, Jerry Jerry - Have this user logon once with Outlook Web Access 2003 and set the Junk Mail filter on through that interface. This will create the extended server-side rule which moves the mail to Junk E-mail folder in conjunction with IMF. -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Strange SBS2008/Windows 7 Client Issue
SBS2008 Server Windows 7 Pro client A user was working and something happened where several of her shortcut icons on her desktop switched to Word icons. When I look at the properties of the shortcuts they point to valid .exe files. When she double-clicks them Word opens up trying open the same .exe in the shortcut. When I launch the Start menu many of those .exe shortcuts also have Word icons. When I try and log in under a different user name all looks good so I figured I would just let the workstation rebuild a new profile for this user so I renamed the c:\users\xxxx fol...

All Outlook clients hangs when exiting
Starting last week every Outlook 2000 client hangs when users try to exit. They get the following error Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002 Date: 10/17/2003 Time: 8:07:01 AM User: N/A Computer: xxxxxxxx Description: Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version, hang module hungapp, version, hang address 0x00000000. This occur on about 12 systems with either Windows 2000-SP4 or XP-SP1. Outlook 2000 has SP3 installed. Same problem if I un-install and re-install Outlook 2000 Outlook appears to run normally. Only crashes when exit...

I have a client who wants to upgrade Outlook 2000 to 2003 but not the rest of the office suite, will this have any limitations or challenges in regards to the CRM 3 Outlook Desktop client? thank you Brad Brad, You should be fine to go ahead and do that. You may want to remove Outlook 2000 from the Office 2000 suite first and then do a fresh install of Outlook 2003, it might just minimise on possible complications HTH Ben Brad I would check with the Outlook MVPs too - there are many merging issues between Word and Outlook when you run disparate versions. -- Judy Gleeson [MVP ...

IE7 and Excel marco "file error: data may have been lost" + "571212 application defined or object defined error"
Since i installed IE7 on one of the clients i cant open a certain excel file which includes some macro's. I can open this excel-file on every other pc without problems. The file contains some buttons which activate some macro's. After i open the file on the client with IE7 installed i receive the error 'file error: data may have been lost' after i click OK I receive the message 'runtime error 57121: application-defined or object defined-error' Does anyone know what may cause this problem? Joshua Does nobody has an idea?:-( BTW i'm using Excel 2000 and the client...

Handling exceptions in WCF
I'm working on a WCF service with a LINQ to SQL back end. I'm trying to figure out how to handle exceptions in the UI that are thrown by the OnPropertyChanging event in the dbml. In my dbml, I have some validation logic: Namespace MyProject.Data Partial Public Class User Private Sub OnBusinessPhoneChanging(ByVal value As String) If Not Utilities.ValidatePhone(value) Then Throw New Exception("Invalid Phone number") End If End Sub Private Sub OnEmailChanging(ByVal value As String) ...

Reading mp3 tag.
I am trying to read the tag information from an mp3 file. The following code I have works as long as the tag fields are completely full, but if there is white space in the tag the string returned stops at the white space. I think it might have something to do with zero terminated strings or something. Any help would by greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. if (file.Open(_T ("C:\\song.mp3"), CFile::modeReadWrite | CFile::shareDenyNone , &e)) { file.Seek(-128, CFile::end); file.Read(buffer, sizeof(buffer)); MessageBox(buffer); } else { e.ReportError(); } Jo Fra...

upgrade access2003: user-defined type not defined
I am upgrading from Access 2002 to Access 2003 and am getting the above error while compiling. The error falls on: myMenuBar As CommandBar I can't figure out why. I searched for CommandBar and haven't found it anywhere suspicious. Can anyone help? Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200803/1 I just realized that the problem is that CommandBar is not defined in Access2003. Any suggestions what I can do? Leah leahf wrote: >I am upgrading from Access 2002 to Access 2003 and am getting the above error >while ...

Listening for clients
When doing listeningSocket->Create(port) where listeningSocket is of type CMyListenAsyncSocket, inherited from CAsyncSocket, I get the error WSAEAFNOSUPPORT (The specified address family is not supported.) All that is done before the Create call is creating the object: listeningSocket = new CMySettingsListenSocket(this); CMySettingsListenSocket:: CMySettingsListenSocket(CInlamningarDlg* parentDlg) : serverSock(NULL), callingDialog(parentDlg) {} What can be the cause of this problem? ...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

WCF client hell
I've a remote service available via tcp://. When I add a service reference on my client project, VS doesn't create all proxy objects! I miss every xxxClient class, and I have only types used as parameters in my methods. I tried to start a new empty project, add the same service reference, and in this project I can see al proxy objects! It's an hell, what can I do? thanks ...

Client Permissions in Public Folders
Is there a way to propagate Client Permissions throughout public mail folders? Thank you On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:27:26 -0700, Bartly <Bartly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to propagate Client Permissions throughout public mail folders? > >Thank you Use ESM (Task/Propagate Settings) or pfdavadmin. Thanks "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:27:26 -0700, Bartly > <Bartly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Is there a way to propagate Client Permissions throughout public mail folders? > > > >...

Error 404 while working offline (Outlook Client) with Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I have Installed MsDyn CRM Outlook Client with Offline Access. I was able to work online with the client. When I selected Go Offline button, the data got synchronized to the local database and now when I try to work on anything inside it, a 404 error is presented inside Outlook 2007. System Setup CRM Outlook Client v4.0.7333.3 with Update Rollup 11 installed. Windows XP Pro Outlook 2007 Complete Error: Server Error in '/' Application. HTTP Error 404 - Not Found URL which it tries to access: http://localhost:2525/<organization_name>/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=<some_numb...

WCF Performance Issue
Jan 8, 2009 Happy new year. (Using VB Net 2008, SQL 2008) I have built a winform application that uses WCF. Now I am sending a query that retruns a DataSet from the WCF. I have seen that the performance is not good if the DataSet is large. Request Advise on: 1. What is the best and fastest way to retrieve data through WCF. 2. Is there a way to compact a DataSet for transfer, if a DataSet is used. 3. I am using basicHttpBinding. I have seen reference of NetTCPBinding in internet indicating that it uses binary instead of text transfers. If yes, can someone please point me...

Renaming Defined Name
How do you Rename Defined Name -- rick ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rickv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Click "Insert" in the toolbar, and select "Name". Select "Define" and it will bring up a list of all the defined names in the workbook. You can remove a name or change the cell to which the name is attached. Hope this helps. -- hierarchii ------------------------------------------------...

the specified dhcp client is not a reserved client
Hi everyone ! Since I transfert my DHCP server from Win2008 to a new 2008 R2 server, I can no longer create reservation ! When I try to create a new reservation, I received this message : "the specified dhcp client is not a reserved client" The DHCP server is authorized in AD. I transfert the DHCP server according with information in KB962355 (because it was the only information I have found) ! Any idea ? Thank you ! Hugo Hello ! So .... It look like I take the wrong step-by-step guide for DHCP migration from 2008 to 2008 R2... Did someone have ...

best return from WCF service to other .NET consumers?
We have a web application today in Framework 3.5. The application consists of a Data Access Layer, Business Logic Layer and a Front Layer of ASP.NET webpages. In the DAL, a number of typed datasets are defined, and it is these typed datasets that are used as data transfer objects throughout the application. Now we want to expose functionality, from the application, to other .NET systems, through a WCF service. What should we let the WCF service expose to other systems? Here are the alternatives we have talked about: 1. Expose the DataSets we already have (simply return the typed datas...

Synchonize Exchange mail with two clients
My colleague has a mail account on a local Exchange server, and want to make sure all his mail is available both from the computer at work and from his computer at home. Outlook Web Access handles this nicely, but he rather wants to use Microsoft Outlook 2003 (both client computers have this installed with Exchange support included). However, when we try to set this up, the Exchange server seems to only synchronize the mail folders on a first-come-first-serve basis, ie. the first one to synchronize gets the new mail. The Exchange server and Outlook on his home computer are English editions, a...

Address Book for IMAP Clients.
HI, How can i configure Address book for IMAP user on the Exchange server.Pls help. Thanks in Advance Syed ...