/nodebug option in boot.ini

I am looking for information on what exactly /nodebug does when added
to boot.ini ?

How is /nodebug different from not having a /debug in the boot.ini ?

Would appreciate any info -

Thx
0
rks

nodebug is the same as not having /debug (or /debugport which implies
/debug) on the boot.ini line.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

0
Don

Define additional sorting option
are there any ways to enable [additional sorting option] ? because i can only enable this option during installing [dynamics] system database which is not feasible for existing client. for information, [advanced look up] is not work for us becuase i can only find 5 segments from there which my clients using 10 segments. thansk. Unfortunately, you would need to change the account framework. There is a third-party solution from Corporate Renaissance Group that will do this. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Thomas" wrote: > are there any ways to enable [additional sorting optio...

When I compose a message, then get ready to send to recipients ,when I click on their names it automatically puts it in the To column,and does not wait for me to click on Bcc where I want it placed.So frustrating,& time consuming to delete and put it right. Single click, don't double click on the name. "the older chick" <the older chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2EA2E4D-7D7E-40B4-9C10-9C1E150D053D@microsoft.com... > When I compose a message, then get ready to send to recipients ,when I > click > on their names it automa...

/nodebug option in boot.ini
I am looking for information on what exactly /nodebug does when added to boot.ini ? How is /nodebug different from not having a /debug in the boot.ini ? Would appreciate any info - Thx nodebug is the same as not having /debug (or /debugport which implies /debug) on the boot.ini line. Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr > -----Original Message----- > From: rks [mailto:raraks@gmail.com] > Posted At: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:12 PM > Posted To: micros...

Excel 2003 Client Safety Options #2
When trying to refresh OLAP data cube in Excel 2003 (after upgrading from XP) I get the following message: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source". How can I set client safety Options? Thanks ...

Mail Merge option disappeared from Menu option
Hi, I have a client who's mail merge menu option has disappeared. The mail merge is enabled entirely across the business. The role the client is in, is the same as someone else, yet there account is working with mail merge - the mail merge option is available. Are there any reasons why it would suddenly stop working for this 1 person and not someone else? I have checked the registry for the trailing / on the WebAppUrl - but there isn't. I've thought about potentially reinstalling the client. Yet the web interface is not working either. Any other ideas? if you are using the...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...

Second Calendar Option?
Outlook 2000. This is probably a very easy question (I hope). How do I setup a second apptoinment calendar so I can keep my personal appointments seperate from business ones? -- Thanks in advance... Bob File | New | Folder. But if you want to get reminders from the second calendar, you'll need the tool from http://www.slovaktech.com . A better approach might be to use different categories for personal and business appointments and a filtered view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...

SOL_SOCKET Socket Options?
Hello everyone I use the following code to set send timeout and receive timeout for HTTP request but the timeout is about 60 seconds in Windows 98, not 15 seconds which I expect My question is Do Socket Options SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEO not work in Windows 98 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ #include "winsock2.h . . m_nSendTimeout=5000 m_nRecvTimeout=10000 . . //set recieve timeou if(setsockopt(sckHTTPSocke ,SOL_SOCKE ,SO_RCVTIME ,(const char *)&m_nRecvTimeou ,sizeof(m_nRecvTimeout))!=0 closesocket(sckHTTPSocket) return //set send timeou...

groupmethod options
When designing reports (.qrp files), what can you set GroupMethod to besides groupmethodNone or groupmethodSum? Thanks, Mike FDA ...

Power Options
I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2. Until recently, the power settings worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15 minutes of idle time). Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the display stays on all the time). I haven't checked the other settings yet. Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions for a solution? Sorry, but I tried to cross-post to two groups and NEITHER group posted my message. So I posted them individually. ...