Restore System State for Server 2003 DC (SBS 2003)

I need to restore the system state for an SBS 2003 DC.  Are there any walk
throughs or documents describing this process?

I have DPM 2007 SP1.

        SystemState backup is done using ntbackup on SBS 2003/Windows Server
20003 os machines. Since SBS is having the Domain controller make sure that
you are using the right set of options to restore the system state for your
need. You may follow any NTBackup documentation for Domain controller
restore for Windows Server 2003. Here is a ppt that has information about
authoritative/non-authoritative restore options and other Domain controller
related utilities.
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc031902/WC031902.ppt

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to restore the system state for an SBS 2003 DC.  Are there any walk
> throughs or documents describing this process?
>
> I have DPM 2007 SP1.

0
Praveen

office 2003 conflict?
Hey all Our company is currently running exchange 5.5 and recently we started having problems with the Internet Mail and the Information Store services periodically stopping (okay, it's more than periodically). This seems to have started happening once we began to install Office 2003 on all new machines for new users, may be a coincidence, maybe not I noticed an article on CNET about Office 2003 causing problems, but couldn't really find anything on the Microsoft website. Does anybody have any ideas or ways to possibly fix this Thanks in advance! Hi Gary, Maybe this article apply...

Matchcode Update system jobs stopped working
A few months ago Matchcode Update system jobs stopped working on a CRM server. Accounts created after that point are not checked for duplicates. The CRM Async service is working, we have checked that. How can we reactivate Machcode Updates? Thanks in advance, Viktor ...

Pub 2000 closes when wizard closed on XP Pro system
Gang I am using the same Publisher 2000 that I used successfully with ME for years. Now that I installed XP Pro, when I launch Publisher 200 it opens okay, but when I close the Wizard I receive the following message (Unsaved Publication) Microsoft Publisher: MSPUB.EXE - Application Erro The instruction at ")x77f5310f" referenced memory at ")x00000000". The memory could not be "written" Click on OK to terminate the program When I click OK, Publisher 2000 closes I tried uninstall/reinstall, updating my video card and going to the latest drivers, changed my mothe...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

HowTo: Persistence for state of View+ StatusBar showing or hidden?
I want to preserve the state of whether an SDI CFormView's Status-Bar is showing or hidden. The objective is so that when the application is started again, the state of the Status-Bar's visibility should be the same as when the app closed. The MSDN documentation has a page that describes itself as obsolete for a "catch-all" of controls: TN022: Standard Commands Implementation On this page, there are paragraphs associated with ID_VIEW_STATUS_BAR and ID_VIEW_TOOLBAR that indicate: ------------------------- "Customization of this command handler is not recommended. I...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs
Hello, One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not work. When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I need more memory or system resources. Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. What could I try now? Regards, ...

How to delete system public folder in Exchange?
Hello, does anybody know how to remove the system public folder? My situation is as follow: I have created new offline address list named "Test Offline Address List" for testing purposes. I deleted this list few days after. I expected that public folder "/o=My_Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Test Offline Address List" which is under OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK will have been deleted after public store maintenance. But I was wrong. So I tryied to delete the subfolders "OAB Version 2" and "OAB Version 3a" myself within ESM. Deletion was successful. But I ...

redirecting OWA to a different IIS server
I'm current running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. On this server we run IIS which also hosts our Intranet Server. I have to move our Intranet on to another IIS Server. Our intranet is the default website for all users. ie www.xxx.com.au. At the end if this web link they enter /exchange and it brings up their OWA. Is it possible to redirect the /exchange from my new IIS server easily back to my original IIS server easily? I recommend that you create a link that redirects to your OWA server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!&q...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Cropping a picture in Outlook Email using Crop Toolbar in outlook 2003
I have inserted a picture into a new Outlook email. I also have the edit-picture toolbar visible. It has a crop icon. However when I use the tool to crop the image inserted in the email, nothing happens. Is there a way to crop the image in the create new email window? The crop Icon allows you to crop images. the handles on the edges of the image should be used to crop. ...

System Tray icon in Outlook 2003
It looks cluttered, and I don't like it or need it. Despite trying, I a completely unable to remove this icon. Is it possible? TI -- djcasele ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djcaseley's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=273 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187089748 Uncheck "Hide when Minimized" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "djcaseley" <djcaseley.1s7fwi@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message news:djcaseley.1s7fwi@no-mx.msusenet.com... > > It looks cluttered, and I don't lik...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

HTTPMail in Outlook 2003
I have a hotmail account which I had setup using the HTTPMail connector in Outlook. About a week ago, I stopped being able to connect to the account. I get the following message: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' What's really odd is that it just seems to be a problem with the one account. I setup another test account on hotmail and a new profile and that one seems to work fine. The error doesn't seem to really be a timeout issue, but rather tied to th...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Slow opening links between workbooks with links created in 2003
This can take up to 15 seconds. It first seems to open another workbook and then closes this down. Also it just sits there and flashes orange and doesn't actually go to the linked 2003 used to open it and go directly to the cell of the link very quickly Can anyone advise? ...

Not enough system resources to display completely #3
Hi, We often get this "Not enough system resources to display completely" in Excel, using Office 2003, on PC's with sufficient Memory and also various display drivers.... After a restart, it useally works, but it appears to be a memory bug somewhere in Office 2003. Any ideas ? Peter ...

Record Excel 2003 Macro to link two documents
I have to record a macro to link two Excel 2003 docuemtns. One document has check boxes so whenever a person checks out the box a new screen pops up (that is part of the second document) with the information pertaining to the check box in question. I would not need an entire document to pop up but only a part of it. Thank you I think you're wasting your time trying to record that macro. I'd be looking at learning VBA to write it. Lesson 1 is free, and who knows? Maybe it's all you'd need: http://www.vbaexpress.com/training/lesson01.htm ************ Anne Troy www.Offic...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

hide the new email system tray envelope
how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new email arives? i only want the envelope to apear when i have a new email in my inbox. I have a outlook rule that moves specific new emails to the junkmail folder. how can i make it so that if any new email gets moved to that folder it doesn't notify me with this envelope icon? "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message news:Odw6Hjp9EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new > email arives? i only want the envelope to ap...