DPM 2007 Agent Errors - DCOM related.

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what has triggered this but our Secondary DPM Server has
errors on all of its agents when checking the Management -> Agent tab. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on one of the protected servers,
however this has not resolved the issue. On checking the Error Logs of the
server they are all reporting the following DPMRA Application Error:

A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on [DPMServerName]
because access is denied. Make sure that [DPMServerName] has DCOM launch and
access permissions for the computer running the DPM agent.

I have checked the DCOM settings by working through the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc161655.aspx

I have also checked the DPM RA Service Properties within Component
Services\Computers\My Computer\DCOM Config as well as the WSSCmdletsWrapper
Properties as detailed in this article:

http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/09/troubleshooting-agent-deployment-in-data-protection-manager-2007-dcom.aspx

The Secondary DPM Server is also reporting an error when attempting
communication with the Primary DPM Server.

I really don't know where else to look so any input would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting similar RPC errors in my secondary. I found below article and
going to install theTCPIP hotfix to see if that will help get rid of them.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/971411?wa=wsignin1.0

"David Roberts" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not quite sure what has triggered this but our Secondary DPM Server has
> errors on all of its agents when checking the Management -> Agent tab. I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on one of the protected servers,
> however this has not resolved the issue. On checking the Error Logs of the
> server they are all reporting the following DPMRA Application Error:
>
> A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on [DPMServerName]
> because access is denied. Make sure that [DPMServerName] has DCOM launch and
> access permissions for the computer running the DPM agent.
>
> I have checked the DCOM settings by working through the following article:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc161655.aspx
>
> I have also checked the DPM RA Service Properties within Component
> Services\Computers\My Computer\DCOM Config as well as the WSSCmdletsWrapper
> Properties as detailed in this article:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/09/troubleshooting-agent-deployment-in-data-protection-manager-2007-dcom.aspx
>
> The Secondary DPM Server is also reporting an error when attempting
> communication with the Primary DPM Server.
>
> I really don't know where else to look so any input would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
We are also getting the same errors on our secondary DPM servers and it
started on 2/24/2010.  Were you able to find a resolution?

"David Roberts" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not quite sure what has triggered this but our Secondary DPM Server has
> errors on all of its agents when checking the Management -> Agent tab. I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on one of the protected servers,
> however this has not resolved the issue. On checking the Error Logs of the
> server they are all reporting the following DPMRA Application Error:
>
> A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on [DPMServerName]
> because access is denied. Make sure that [DPMServerName] has DCOM launch and
> access permissions for the computer running the DPM agent.
>
> I have checked the DCOM settings by working through the following article:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc161655.aspx
>
> I have also checked the DPM RA Service Properties within Component
> Services\Computers\My Computer\DCOM Config as well as the WSSCmdletsWrapper
> Properties as detailed in this article:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/09/troubleshooting-agent-deployment-in-data-protection-manager-2007-dcom.aspx
>
> The Secondary DPM Server is also reporting an error when attempting
> communication with the Primary DPM Server.
>
> I really don't know where else to look so any input would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Automation error (apparently) using CreateObject on Outlook
Please help, All of a sudden I'm getting a problem with associated with opening Outlook from my Access application (And also using the "View in Outlook" button in Google Desktop Search). When it encounters the command: Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") It gives the following error: Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': Automation error The specified module could not be found. With Google desktop search I used to be able to search for emails and then press "View in Outlook" and the email would open but now, although it will ...

Money 2007 for Canada ?
Hi, I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for Canada. Can I import my money 2007 file in Quicken 2007 if I can't purchase Money ? Thanks In Advance In microsoft.public.money, None wrote: >Hi, > I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? >The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for >Canada. For whatever reason, Money 2007 is not sold in Canada. It is deemed to not be regionalized fo...

Outlook 2007 Agenda View
I just upgraded computers and also to Microsoft Office Professional 2007. In Outlook 97, I used the 7 day agenda view, but cannot find that view in Outlook 2007. Is it there or how can I get that view? Thanks That view is not available in Outlook 2007. The closest you can get is a 2 week view - see http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter...

Auto Send Email from Excel 2007 No Error when Outlook 2007 is full
I have a macro that automatically sends email from excel 2007 through outlook 2007. The problem is that if the user's outlook inbox is at the size limit it will not send the email. When we were on Office 2003 my error handler worked to let the user know that the email wasn't sent, but now on office 2007 it just doesn't send and doesn't let the user know that the email did not go. The code also would recognize an error if the email address was invalid in 2003, but that does not work in 2007 either: just the email is not sent. My code is below (most of it was from Ron de Brui...

Error setting Rowsource using VBA for Chart
I have a report that contains an unbound Microsoft Graph Chart. I want the chart's row source to be set based on a query plus some user input from a previous screen. I've tried putting the code in the Activate() Event, Open() Event, and Page() event and I get errors on all of them. The Activate and Open events don't even seem to see my report and I'm thinking it's because it's not technically "open" at the time they run...? The Page event gives me a different error that I can't set the Rowsource property after "printing" has started (I...

error LNK2005: "class _variant_t vtMissing"
Hi I have a static library that is used throughout a series of COM components, it has been linked with the multithreaded dll runtime libraries to get round alot of normal probs to get over mixing of static and dynamic libs. However if this is linked into a normal MFC project ( which also uses multithreaded dll runtime ) we get this link error: TestApp error LNK2005: "class _variant_t vtMissing" (?vtMissing@@3V_variant_t@@A) already defined in comsuppwd.lib(comutil.obj) Anyone know how to get round this? Ta Tuckers >I have a static library that is used throughout a seri...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Publisher 2007 #2
I am testing out Office 2007, including Publisher 2007. I have been using Publisher 2000 for years to produce a 20 page newsletter (double sided booklet). I have tried using Publisher 2007 to produce our latest newsletter and had some major problems you should look at in this Beta. 1) When I use the save option to save my publication in Publisher 2000 format it fails to work correctly. Images in the publication are lost and when I open the resulting file in Puiblisher 2000 it causes it to crash. 2) When I try to print my publication to A3 (double sided) the pages come out incorrectly. I ...

Create an Iframe to point to an entity's related View
Hi Guys is it possible to create an Iframe that points to a custom entity's related view? For example Cutom Entity A has a relationship with contact (contact is the primary) I want to create an Iframe elsewhere in CRM that will show me the assosicated view of the custom Entity when I pass it the contact object id. All I seem to be able to do is get the full entity view which shows me ALL the contacts not just the one I want :( Hey Guys Here is some code that displays the opportunities associated with an account, in an IFRAME on the account form. Firstly create the IFRAME on the...

MS$ 2007 Not Updating (Kinda)
I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the updating symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated. As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual funds, the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically updates them. Does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks, Merg ...

style menu, excel 2007 sp2
Is there any way to turn off the "mini" menu of all the styles? I really just want the "conditional formatting" and "format as table" buttons, instead I have a bunch of additional formatting options. Thanks. ...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

outlook 2007 rules error
When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix anywhere. Any ideas? Rcampy wrote: > When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange > server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks > like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix > anywhere. Any ideas? You want us to...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings . Any ideas please? are you inside the network or trying to connect for the first time over the internet? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

How to share AUTOCORRECT between WORD 2007 and OUTLOOK 2007
I have autocorrect working properly in Word 2007. I tried to get the feature to work in outlook as well, by coping the normal.dotm to the normalemail.dotm file. This did not work for somke reason. any idea. I don't mean autotext, but autocorrect. thanks -- Hal Is autocorrect enabled in tools, options, spelling? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

Outlook 2007 Categories
My colleagues like to use the categories feature in Outlook 2007. They order their email list by categories, this allows emails which are not categorised to appear at the top of their list. A problem occurs when they receive an email that is linked to CRM, this is because the email automatically gets categorised into whatever the regarding field is called. Is there any way to turn off this feature, thereby allowing emails linked to CRM to still appear in the "not categorised" section. We will still need emails to link to CRM though. On Jun 7, 9:23=A0pm, JamesE <Jam...@disc...

Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions
To all, As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance. The transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments, but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.") I ran multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have in fact disappeared. BUT, my home page balance and the register balance still show the discrepancy. This same discrepancy shows when I adjust my view in t...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Why does header/footer (2007) fade when in the document?
In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out? I put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like in Word 2003. The same for the header where I have a logo. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...

Compile error: User-defined type not defined
HiThis error popped up on this line of code:Dim db as DatabaseApart from the obvious self contradiction (defined .. not defined),what can possibly be wrong with this statement. I have used it beforein numerous other projects?Stapes On Mar 7, 1:29 pm, "Stapes" <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi>> This error popped up on this line of code:>> Dim db as Database>> Apart from the obvious self contradiction (defined .. not defined),> what can possibly be wrong with this statement. I have used it before> in numerous other projects?>> StapesDepending o...

Outlook 2007 display issue when replying
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA2BD1.C87FAC10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my coworkers has an issue with Outlook 2007 that is kind of odd. = This ONLY occurs on replies. When clicking "reply" the message displays with a VERY tiny view- = unreadable. The FONTS aren't changed, and the menu and other items on = screen aren't affected, only the display of the reply. When emailed, the = message displays properly- it is only the message view in the window =...

2007: how is the performance?
Is it faster? Does the process close down properly every time? thanks! adam In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: >Is it faster? For most things, I am not sure. However my files were not slow. > Does the process close down properly every time? That speeded up for me. msmoney.exe shows as closed much quicker in Task Manager, vs 5 seconds or so in 2006. Now how it will do for somebody who had a really long closing cycle, I don't know. > >thanks! > >adam > I may get to that after dinner. Just got home. So many twelve hour days, so little ...