Detailed Tape Inventory failing

This is the error I receive.  It appears the inventory is trying to run when
the tape drive is already busy writing backups.  Is there not enough
intelligence built into DPM to recognize when the tape is being written to?

"The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316)
Operation failed since the slot 12 in library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape
Library was empty. This tape is currently present in Drive LTO Tape drive
(ID: 24027)"

        This is a known issue, it’s the problem with the Library driver.
Please make sure that you have the latest driver available from Library
manufacturer. If you are already having it then DPM can’t work with this
library(Please see below more on technical data on the Library driver
problem). You can take a look at the list of libraries which are being
tested with DPM at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dpm/cc678583.aspx.

Problem details with the Library Driver:
Changer has following feature flag present:-
CHANGER_PREDISMOUNT_EJECT_REQUIRED, The changer requires an explicit command
issued through a mass storage driver (tape, disk, or CD-ROM, for example) to
eject media from a drive before the changer can move the media from a drive
to a slot. If the changer ejects media automatically, the miniclass driver
should clear this flag.

If this flag is present DPM does a Drive accessibility check before doing
actual move media. The IOCTL called are: IOCTL_INIT_ELEMNT_STATUS &
IOCTL_CHANGER_GET_ELEMENT_STATUS

If in the result of  IOCTL_CHANGER_GET_ELEMENT_STATUS drive is not
accessible (i.e ELEMENT_STATUS_ACCESS not present) DPM will fail the
dismount command. The Library is not responding correctly when due to an
issue with the driver:- IOCTL_CHANGER_GET_ELEMENT_STATUS should return the
drive as accessible even if media is present in the drive. This is not
happening hence its failing.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"techraider04" <techraider04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the error I receive.  It appears the inventory is trying to run
> when
> the tape drive is already busy writing backups.  Is there not enough
> intelligence built into DPM to recognize when the tape is being written
> to?
>
> "The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID:
> 3316)
> Operation failed since the slot 12 in library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape
> Library was empty. This tape is currently present in Drive LTO Tape drive
> (ID: 24027)"

0
Praveen
2/25/2010 9:38:16 AM
Consider a scenario where one is not aware that a particular tape is being
written to when the inventory job is run. It is DPM's duty to tell the admin
that the tape could not be inventoried and the admin's intent was not
completely met.

--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"techraider04" <techraider04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the error I receive.  It appears the inventory is trying to run
> when
> the tape drive is already busy writing backups.  Is there not enough
> intelligence built into DPM to recognize when the tape is being written
> to?
>
> "The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID:
> 3316)
> Operation failed since the slot 12 in library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape
> Library was empty. This tape is currently present in Drive LTO Tape drive
> (ID: 24027)"

0
Pranay

Part Specific Outsourcing detail for MO-POP
Let's say you send almost every item to an outside vendor for finishing and one OSV for packaging. Each vendor has a different item ID for finishing every item, though, and the cost is different. GP Item #, Vendor Item#, Cost/unit Item A Finish,Part1, $1.00 Item B FInish,Part2, $1.10 Item A Pack,Part1, $1.25 When setting up work Centers, we set up Finish & Packing as Work Centers. However, we'd like to have a different service code for each item so when we create the PO from the MO the item and description pop in correctly. Is there any way to accomplish this? I considered ...

Audit failed mailbox access?
I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access anybodies mailbox when they shouldn't be. I know they can't access them due to permissions but we just one to know. HOw can we do this? plus will the events go into the Exchange event viewer or our DC's? If you think of any other security auditing ideas it would be most welcome. Thanks A On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:58:01 -0700, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access >anybodies mailbox when they sho...

Inventory Costing
We have a client that has their items setup with Average valuation. They actually do not own the items. So when they post a PO Receiving transaction they don't Debit Inventory GL account, they instead Debit a Due/To From Account. The issue they have is how the average costing is automatically generating GL entries to account for cost variances. They don't need that entry to occur. So the question is how can we prevent that automatic cost variance entry from being created? Do they have to change valuation method? Is there a setup to not have GP create those entries? Can ...

Custom POSButton Details
Hello All, Is there a way to make a custom POS button to do Shift+F9 (details)? It is strange, but you can't do one for the 'Transaction details' (SHIFT-F9). The closest thing you can do is the ShowItemComment command. I made a custom button for that one which puts a comment under the highlighted line item. The next best thing to do would to just put a button on the first page of your touchscreen keyboard. Let me know if I can help with any of those things. -Andy Can you assign a macro to a custom button? I can't recall. If so, you could record the...

Details section not appearing when viewed in Form View
So I have this data entry form with controls linked to a number of tables. I built it today, and up til recently worked fine. Now, I'm having a problem where all the controls in the Details section (when in Design View) fail to appear when viewed in Form View. My Header info appears, just not the Detail section. I didn't consciously change anything that would make a section not-visible. Any tips? Thanks! Hi Markmarko This will happen in Access if there is no data to show in the form. The way to check for this is to open the query the form is based on. If the query returns n...

Exchange 5.5 fails to load following IE6 update
I had another client server that exhibited this symptom, but I cannot find anything in the KB about it. A client with a slow internet connection ran the windows updates and the first update was for IE6 that had to be run by itself. Following the installation of the upgrade to IE6, Exchange MTA does not load and no error is given in the event logs to disclose what is causing the failure. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks, Allen Not heard of that. What message is displayed in the Services applet if you try to manually start the service? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exc...

Account Payable Detail report
Hola Family I will like to know if someone can help me, I need to know the path to run an Account Payable Detail report. This file should contain the lowest level of detail. Each record should include the General Ledger account number to which the transaction is being charged. I am using Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005. Thank you in advanced. -- LOS Hola Carlos, The GL Distribution Detail in Purchaing Posting Journal can be access via Reports>>Purchasing>>Posting Journals (GL GL Distribution Detail). When you create/modify a report options, you can use the ...

Calander Sharing without showing details
Is it possible to share a calander with someone else and only show them the blocked off hours without any details of the appointments? This person also wants to share his calander normally with his assistant. Running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Only if he marks all of the appointments as private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Excha...

Plaxo Replacement / How to get others to update their details
Hi there, This time of year I usually use my old version of Plaxo to get everyone to update their contact details in my Outlook. If you're unaware of how it works - this is what happens. An email goes out to all your contacts (1200 in my case!). Then that person clicks on a link and they see their details on a webpage in which they can update/add/delete any details that have changed. Stuff like jobs, different numbers, addresses etc. As you can imagine this is really handy this time of the year with Christmas Cards! Plaxo have stopped supporting this older system now and doe...

Money Plus SP1 update fails
I have XP SP2 and today got a message when I logged into Money Plus (including online services) to update the software. Clicked OK --> Money closed, downloaded started and just before it was 100% it gave an error that the update failed and to try again later. Have read a number of posts about this and tried various solutions 1. Rebooted several times 2. Turned off windows firewall 3. Disabled virus protection 4. Running as admin 5. No compatibilities checked off under properties. Nothing works. The download stops and the get the message that update fails and to try again later....

more details
The email in my old computer was located in outlook. I want to transfer those inbox messages into my new computer. The email in my new computer is under the same address in outlook. Find and copy the file called *.pst to your new computer then in outlook open it. "cliff" <c-sharp@chc-group.com> wrote in message news:162601c3a892$a053e490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The email in my old computer was located in outlook. I > want to transfer those inbox messages into my new > computer. The email in my new computer is under the same > address in outlook. ...

Sharepoint Configuration Wizard Fails
ReflexiveUpgrade [SPServer Name=<server_name> Parent=SPFarm Name=SharePoint_Config] failed. [SPManager] [ERROR] [1/17/2010 9:54:51 AM]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [SPManager] [ERROR] [1/17/2010 9:54:51 AM]: at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Upgrade.ProjectSiteSequence.AddNextLevelObjects()I upgraded my MOSS 2007 to SP2. But after installing SP2 the configuration wizard didn't complete. I checked the "Upgrade.log" file and saw this error: Does anyone has any ideas? ...

Updating inventory information in HQ
What is the best way to update the HQ file on changes that occur at the store level? When we get an item and the price from the distributor changes on the purchase order, we update the retail price at the store level, but this does not change the price at the HQ level. Also if we change the restock and reorder numbers at the store level they to do not update at the HQ level. Then this information is incorrect if we push it down from HQ to the store. Thank-you for your help I hope this helps but your info from the stores come back from a 401 worksheet. If you are looking for the price to...

CRM 3 Reports Neglected Leads Total not matching Detail Total
Hello All, Hopeing someone can explain what may cause the following: Report manager looks at the Neglected Leads Report for a specific user and gets a chart bar representing a count of 57 for standard 30 day time period. They then click on the bar to get to the Neglected Leads Detail report but only 23 Leads are listed. This happens on other users as well. Does anyone have a clue at what might cause this? Thanks Dave I am seeing the very same issue in one of my deployments. Have you figured out what is causing this? Thanks, -Jim "Dave A" wrote: > Hello All, > Hopeing som...

Range of object _Worksheet failed
I am getting an error and not really sure why. I have a button on worksheet "Test1". When it is pressed it tries to count the number of columns that have data on worksheet "Test1" and "Test2". The code that counts the columns on "Test1" works fine but the same exact code which checks "Test2" is erring with "Method 'Range' of object '_worksheet' failed". I am only showing the code for Test2 here but Test1 is an exact duplicate with the worksheet name being changed. Code: -------------------- Dim Cnt as In...

Login Failed
I have setup project server and SharePoint server. I am trying to make connection using office project professional, but I can't. I am getting the error that "Login failed. Project could not connect to the server. Please check username and password and try again". I tried different username and password but it's not working. It is working properly on http. Can anyone help me? -- Thanks flopes It could be becouse of incorrect Project Server URL entered in Microsoft Project Login. Follow the steps below to create Microsoft Project login access to Project S...

inventory adjustments automatic posting
We need the ability not to automatically post to GL when doing a cost adjustment in version 9 just like it was in version 8. A setup window would be great. What use to take an hour or less now takes 4 plus. Other companies may like this but it does not fit our business practices. Anytime you change programming to automatically do something, you should give us the option not to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If...

Failing Recipient Policy
I have a recipient policy that is supposed to clean up mailboxes by message age. I set the deleted items limit to 30 days, anything older should be deleted. It is not working. It seems to clean up most other folder settings but out of 123 boxes, 0 deleted items were removed. This migh seem trivial but my CEO doesn't agree. Any suggestions? -- Chris Millette Network Administrator Community Bank & Trust Is it configured to run in report mode only (or some term close to that)? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Millette...

Link Inventory Items
I am looking at POS for my hotel, restaurant, bar and cannot find a way to link items, eg Speights handle and glass both come from the same keg. Is there a way of linking items so that the stock quantiities of the ingredients decrease as a hole and not individually? Thanks RMS is not the best fit for hotel, restaurant or bar environments - its primarily a retail management system (inventory, receipts, customers) - if your business doesn't have a retail component (or if your retail component is small) you're probably better off with a different solution; a possible workaround i...

Account details
I'm trying to create a Smart List using Account Transactions that will show all activity for a time period for a specific account which will include the Vendor Name. I'm not seeing Vendor Name or ID as a column that I can filter on. Is it not possible to create Smart Lists using a combination of GL Account # and Vendor Name? To get that info I think you'll have to create a new list with SmartList Builder to read the PM30600 (PM Distribution History File) and/or the PM10100 (PM Distribution Work File). Those tables contain the GL distributions for A/P transactions, and they ...

reports server gives "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." message
i've changed my report server's address from a lan address (i.e. http://machinename/reportserver) to a wan address (i.e. http://machinename.com/reportserver). now when i try to access the reports section, i'm given an error message aobut unauthorized access. how do i configure this? tks ...

order not posting and inventory being allocated to it
Hi We have an order that has shipped complete, however the order itself is not showing as posted. We found this out, only because we have parts in inventory allocated to that order and we don't know why. If you pull up the part # in Inquiry-Inventory-Item it shows a quantity allocated, when we click on allocated it tells us the order#, when we pull up the order all the lines have shipped complete. We don't know how these parts got allocated to this order, but we need to unallocate them for use on another order and we can't because none of the lines on the order can be ed...

Unpredictable results with payee details
I'm using Money 2003 and when I download statement information from my bank, I often change the payee details to something more helpful. Having done this, Money 'remembers' the change so that when subsequent items are downloaded, the payee details are automatically changed again. This is a great feature that saves loads of time. Or at least it would be if it worked more reliably. Money seems to have a will of it's own in this area and some transactions have to be changed every time, despite being 100% consistent in my approach and with no change to the downloaded details. O...

KB979909 and KB979906 Updates Fail
Hi, I have tried many times since 6/11 to install the subject updates with no success, with the yellow shield reappearing again and again. I keep getting the following 'Automatic Updates' message: Some updates could not be installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906) (I also found an 'Error Code' 0x643 listed in the 'Installation Failure' detail scre...

CustomDrawn ActiveX control on CPropertyPage fails to draw itself
I have ATL activeX control (customdrawn syslistview32 control) on the MFC PropertyPage dialog. This ActiveX control works in normal ATL/MFC dialogs without problem, but on PropertyPage it doesn't draw itself. I debugged this and noticed that my ActiveX control gets only the CustomDraw notify with CDDS_PREPAINT draw stage. What might be the problem here? Here is the controls OnCustomDraw handler: LRESULT CListViewEx::OnCustomDraw( int idCtrl, LPNMHDR pnmh, BOOL& bHandled ) { LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW poLVCustomDraw = (LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW)pnmh; NMCUSTOMDRAW oCustomDraw = poLVCusto...