Cannot configure e-mail.

  • Follow

We use a hosting provider for our smtp and have our own Active Directory.

However, the doman which we use for e-mails is different than the domain
that we use for the active directory.  In other words our e-mail server is
@domain.com while the active directory is @similardomain.com.

I can configure the DPM SMTP paramaters with the SMTP server and a valid
e-mail address and password.  But when I try to run a test it tells me that
name@domain.com is not an administrative user on the server.  It would appear
to be trying to validate the username against our active directory, which of
course it is never going to succeed at because the domains are different.  It
is as though the software is presuming an Active Directory Integrated copy of
Exchange is running.

Can I turn off this additional check, or confuse it into approving?
0
Reply Utf 4/2/2010 8:51:02 PM

Hi,
this scenario is not supported and currently there is no workaround to turn
this check off.

--
Thanks,
C.Prashanth [MSFT]

"Innovations" <Innovations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use a hosting provider for our smtp and have our own Active Directory.
>
> However, the doman which we use for e-mails is different than the domain
> that we use for the active directory.  In other words our e-mail server is
> @domain.com while the active directory is @similardomain.com.
>
> I can configure the DPM SMTP paramaters with the SMTP server and a valid
> e-mail address and password.  But when I try to run a test it tells me
> that
> name@domain.com is not an administrative user on the server.  It would
> appear
> to be trying to validate the username against our active directory, which
> of
> course it is never going to succeed at because the domains are different.
> It
> is as though the software is presuming an Active Directory Integrated copy
> of
> Exchange is running.
>
> Can I turn off this additional check, or confuse it into approving?

0
Reply C 4/12/2010 2:13:06 PM

(page loaded in 0.014 seconds)

Reply: