Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox

We are having some trouble with the CRM email router - specifically the Rule
Deployment Wizard. We keep getting the error "failed to save to the
user'smailbox" error. Hence, no emails are getting forwarded. We have
emailboxes setup for queues, we have the CRMMail@domain.biz user/mailbox
created. Yet we can't get the Wizard to create the rules. Manually creating
the rules doesn't work either. We have uninstalled/reinstalled. No luck. Does
anyone have any ideas?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Some additional info I got from the report:
<ExceptionInfo>Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentException:
Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox. ---> System.ArgumentException:
The parameter is incorrect. at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.RulesWrapper.RulesClass.Update(Int32 reload) at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry
userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) --- End of
inner exception stack trace --- at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry
userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentRequest.ProcessNext()</ExceptionInfo>

"Alan Sidles" wrote:

> We are having some trouble with the CRM email router - specifically the Rule
> Deployment Wizard. We keep getting the error "failed to save to the
> user'smailbox" error. Hence, no emails are getting forwarded. We have
> emailboxes setup for queues, we have the CRMMail@domain.biz user/mailbox
> created. Yet we can't get the Wizard to create the rules. Manually creating
> the rules doesn't work either. We have uninstalled/reinstalled. No luck. Does
> anyone have any ideas?
I found the cure. Even though this fix pertains to Exchange 2003, it also
solved my problem. I recommend anyone that anyone having router problems with
Exchange 2003 SP2 apply this updated Exchange Router.

You can find it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930140/en-us

"Alan Sidles" wrote:

> Some additional info I got from the report:
> <ExceptionInfo>Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentException:
> Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox. ---> System.ArgumentException:
> The parameter is incorrect. at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.RulesWrapper.RulesClass.Update(Int32 reload) at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry
> userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) --- End of
> inner exception stack trace --- at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry
> userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentRequest.ProcessNext()</ExceptionInfo>
>

> "Alan Sidles" wrote:
>
> > We are having some trouble with the CRM email router - specifically the Rule
> > Deployment Wizard. We keep getting the error "failed to save to the
> > user'smailbox" error. Hence, no emails are getting forwarded. We have
> > emailboxes setup for queues, we have the CRMMail@domain.biz user/mailbox
> > created. Yet we can't get the Wizard to create the rules. Manually creating
> > the rules doesn't work either. We have uninstalled/reinstalled. No luck. Does
> > anyone have any ideas?

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

How to edit Rules Wizard .rwz files
Is there a way to edit the .RWZ files? Specifically, what I want to do is to get a CSV file of all of my rules. Incidentally, Microsoft will do everyone a world of good in making the Export and Import of Rules to be in CSV format as with everything else in Outlook. This way, you could export your rules, open the exported file with Excel, do some editing and then save the CSV file for making changes to your rules without the archaic way you have to do now within Outlook. This would allow you to build lists of rules in a standard format and import them without having to do one at a ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Outlook sent items not saving
Sporadically, the check box to save messages sent in the sent items folder, becomes un-checked. There hasn't been any correlation between users, except that it was mainly on Outlook 2000 -or- 2002. We just had our first instance with 2003. We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003, but I believe that we started seeing this problem before the upgrade. Any suggestions? ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

ReL Outlook Rules
Anyone know if there is a limit on the number of rules you can have in Outlook 2000. I have a user that has 38 rules, when he creates the 39th rule one of the 38 become unavailble. Is there a rule limit ? is there a active rule limit ?? Thanks Rob ...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

Saving grouped objects- EMERGENCY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible for me to save grouped objects as their own jpeg file? I have a jpeg file and I have grouped it together with a text file. I need to save this as one item so I can use it in several different documents. I need it to be at least a jpeg file so that I may be used in printed marketing items. Suggestions? By "text file" do you mean text *box*? If so, Control/Right-Click the grouped object & select Save As Picture, then choose the format you want to save in. I'd reconsider using JPEG if you&#...

save appointments on an other file
hi i want to save my calender and appointment on an other file (on usb stick) than my contacts an e-mails. everything musy be on the standard pst file , and my appointments must be on my usb stick. when i remove my usb stick my appointments must be removed from my pc. all the rest must stay on my pc. is tahat possible ??? All Outlook items are saved in one file. Do you want to copy your contact and calendar folders to the USB stick? where do you intend to open them to view? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

2 mailboxes
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 mailboxes per person in CRM 3.0? This also means that 2 (Exchange) mailboxes are present in the Outlook client. I can't seem to track e-mails from the "non-default" mailbox. Regards, Maarten ...

rules on exchange
I erased all rules in my outlook, but I constantlly receive error in rules. Seems like that there are differences between outlook and exchange in this, some rules are still seted on exchange server. I cannot find any rules on exchange. How can I resolve this problem? Hi Marko, You will need to use the Mdbvu32 tools to view and then delete them if not needed, here is the MS KB article on the procedure: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B320022#appliesto Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

junk mail
I have recently started to receive lots of junk mail. The only thing that these emails have in common is that there is no text in the email body, only a picture (with text in the picture of course!). Is there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email with only picture in the email body. Thanks in advance. Steve Steve_Wood <SteveWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is > there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email > with only picture in the email body. No. You can't control what the junk mail filter sees as junk. You ...

Worksheet disappear when saving on shared workbook
Im Using Excel 2000 SP3, when i try to copy a cells from another workbook and paste it on the shared workbook, the worksheet of the shared workbook disappeared after saving it. Please help. ...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Mailbox Move caused an "orphan"
Hello, I'll need some direction on deleting a mailbox that ESM will not let me delete (purge). Either command line or whatever other method would be needed without having to delete a mail store. Background: We're running E2k3 Ent SP1. We had a single mail store in a single storage group. The single mail store is approaching 100GB and has over 500 users contained within. 100 users come from a parent domain abccorp.com 400 users come from a child domain sub.abccorp.com To re-allocate users into logical divisions, we created 2 new mail stores in the same storage group. one for abc...

XL doesn't save changes
When I make changes to an excel document and save it, it doesn't overwrite the file, but instead creates another file with only numbers, that cannot be deleted or renamed. The second file's icon is changed into a "file" icon instead of showing an excel "file" icon. This is an XP workstation, using office 2000, security on file is ok, user is included in this file's security. I do get an error msg that there is not enough space on disk, but file is on server with 7TB free (file = 315kb). I've searched the windows office knowledge database, but cannot find ...

Creating users with an account other than sa
Oneof the new features with version 8 is the ability to create users, companies etc without being logged in as sa. I cannot find out how to do this! The GP What's New says: Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by a Great Plains administrator. Examples of these tasks include making backups, creating companies, and creating new user IDs. The help file says: You must be logged in ...

Exchang Calendar Update tool - nonexistant users
Hello, I have been testing the tool in our labs without any problem. I have a few questions though.. We have two exchange servers in Mexico that were previously set to central time. After the new DST changes they will be moving to gaudajalara mexico city gmt -6:00. When I run the tool against their servers it shows their time as "central standard", which is correct. Can I simply enter the new time in the mailboxes.txt file? Is that correct? If that’s the case what would I enter? Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey - New What is the correct syntax for the “gaudajalar...

Save as .gif problem
I'm trying to save a chart to gif format, but the text on the output (gif) file is not as clear (bolder, smaller) as the original chart. Tested on other machines using same platform / application (WinXP / Excel2002) but turns out fine. Are there some options somewhere that I need to change? Hi Ian - How did you save the chart as a gif file? Are you viewing the gif file at its original resolution? Has the file been edited by any image editing program? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ __...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

How do I save a header?
I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a new file. Any suggestions? Try a look in the Excel Help under 'Create a Template'. Saving the header in the template should mean each time you open that template the header will be there. Regards, Tom "Global10" wrote: > I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a > new file. Any suggestions? Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish including your print settings.........group the sheets before setup so's all sheets get same Heade...

Runtime error when trying to save Excel 2000 worksheet from VB app
I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new hard drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error every time I try to save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to set the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?! ...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

CRM assign new user
I can assign almost everything to a new user except appointments, how is it possible to do this ? Jack ...