Case numbering 01-26-04

I have found the auto numbering in 1.2, but it only lets me change the
prefix for the cases "CAS".  I need to start my numbering at 3500 instead of
1000.  Is there a way to change the starting number?

Thanks,
Stefanie

0
Stefanie
1/26/2004 2:23:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sort serial numbers that contain a letter, by number
Excel 2007 Our organization numbers a certain set of items in the following format: 3B08-#### where 3B is constant, 08 is the year the item was entered (i.e,. changing from year to year), and #### is a number up to four digits. #### is written with the appropriate digits without leading zeroes, e.g.: 3B08-9 3B08-81 3B08-623 3B08-7345 Question: Is there a way to format and Sort these numbers so that the #### numeric portion is sorted numerically? Using the above four entries as an example: The only Sort choices are "A to Z", "Z to A" and "Custom list" (the ch...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Duplicate invoice number for different customers
I have a duplicate invoice number for 2 different customers: Cust A: SOPNUMBE = 100 SOPTYPE = 3 Valid (SOP30200) Cust B: SOPNUMBE = 100 SOPTYPE = 2 Want to remove / clear (SOP10100) This was due to server failure that caused dex tables in tempdb to wipe off. Since Cust B is not a valid record and I would like to remove it, but I am not sure what other tables should I look for in the process of cleaning up for customer B beside SOP10100. Is there any tool to fix this issue? I looked in CustomerSource but couldn't find any tool for this. Any suggesti...

subquery help 01-12-10
I get a syntax error message when trying to run a query using the following as an expression in the query Cat 3: IIf([Sleepover]=True,0,IIf([ServiceDate]=[PHDate],0,IIf([Category]=3 And [Hrs]>Format(2,"Fixed"),(SELECT IIf([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time] > [tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time],(([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time]-[tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time])*24)+24,(([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time]-[tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time])*24) FROM tblService_Date_and_Times WHERE tblService_Date_and_Times.Verified = True AND tblServ...

Manufacturing Job Costing Job Numbers and PO Entry
I am trying to find out if there is a way to designate the job number for a purchase order to be linked to in the purchase order entry screen. For Example in the MO entry screen you can right click and link the mo to the job. I have a client who would like to avoid having purchasing agents having to go in to the "job link maintenance window" for every purchase order they create. Also "Job Number" is a field in the Purchase Order line item detail table, and it is available to be added as a column in PO line item smartlist. However, my PO's that are linked to...

Using Numbers for Tickets
Hello I am attempting to run a fund raiser and need to number tickets using Publisher.I need to have a number on the stub, correspond and be the same number on the buyer's ticket. Is there a way I can place a number in the ticket and on the stub for the same ticket and have it number each as 1 to 1, and then on in sequence 2 and 2 etc? Thanks for any help given on this matter -- Thank You Coach Cone Create a data base with the numbers Example here: Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 Open the Catalog and Mail merge wizard, browse to ...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Number formats and fields
Hi All! I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the default A, B, C… numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add another equation in the middle of the document. Doe...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

automatic comas for numbers greater than 999
I want exel to automaticly add comas for numbers greater than 999. How do I accomplish this? jonj34 wrote: > I want exel to automaticly add comas for numbers greater than 999. How do I > accomplish this? FORMATCELLS...NUMBER..Make sure that the 1,000's seperator checkbox is selected.. ...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Invoice Auto-numbering
Am I the only person struggling with Auto-numbering? I want to link the numbering system (manually) in sync with my Sage Accounts. i.e. I want to start at the same invoice number. All I seem to be able to do is start at 1000 and have 6 random Alpha-numeric characters appear. Surely it can't be that difficult to set a 6 digit invoice numbering system starting at a number I want to start on!!!! Only suggestion I can make is to remove the CRM invoice number completely from the form, and create a custom numeric field with business required so that the invoice cannot be saved without it. and...

flexible paste rows function that inserts the right number of rows
Hi there, I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet such that each day - at the TOP of the table/worksheet (about 5 columns wide and couple hundred rows deep) - additional rows of data can be pasted in by non-Excel users. The trick is that on some days it is five rows, on other days it's 25 rows. Is there a special paste function, method of copying/pasting, or feasible macro that will automatically insert the number of copied rows before pasting so that no data below gets overwritten (and there are no blank rows in between pastes)?? many thanks!!! Marika :) I think I'd jus...

auto number
hi all !! i need to have an auto number in a new table but i need the auto number to start from a certain number not zero. how can i do this ??? any help would be appreciated ! thanks See: Set AutoNumbers to start from ... at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-26.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "brian duffy" <brian.bdit@gmail.com> wrote in message news:50cb7864-e200-462e-966e-15f44c0ad885@m25g2000yqc.google...

Coding drop down list results as numbers
I was wondering if there is a way to have excel code results from a dro down list numerically? ie, let's say we do Days of the week. Ideally, I'd like to create spreadsheet such that the drop down menu lists the days of the wee Mon-Fri, but after I've clicked on the day I want, it enters a numbe into the excel cell (Mon-1, tues-2, wed-3 etc..) Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Simo -- chan_siu_ma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chan_siu_man's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3250 View this th...

inserting a number of rows by input in a cell
Is the following possible, if yes, how: I want to fill in a number in a cell, which corresponds to the number of rows that will be inserted on the next sheet on a specific location (between row 8 and 9). The rows that are inserted must be filled with the same formula's as the row(s) above (row 8). the number of rows must be dynamic. Normally I would do this by hand: - insert X rows - select the two rows above those rows - pull down the rows to create the same formula's David McRitchie has a macro that almost does what you want. Instead of using a cell to get the number of rows...

Spell checking in Access 03-04-10
Hello, I am using Access 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. Though the help file tells me I can use the spell checker in Access, that option is grayed out on my Home/Records Tab. I want to check spelling in report design. How do I do so? -- Thanks, Bob Bob, Spell checking in Design View is done via eye balls. I know of no other way to accmplish that task. Note, that the spell check is for actual data that is stored in tables. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors I...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

Find Cases by Case No
Hi there! Our Tech Dept wants to find quickly a Case by typing the Case No, but the default Search field for CRM searches by Title, which is not always easy to guess. Can we do something to change it, either unsupported or no? There is also the Advanced Find Utility, but can we make a shortcut for our Tech Dept which will have pre-selected the Case Object and, ideally, the Case No contains xxx row? Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards, Elena ...

Exchange 2000 media part numbers
Please help! we have a open license for Exchange 2000 Standard Edition. Until now we only had 5.5 installed but we want to bring the server up to 2000. I need to order the media but I can't seem to find which of the following Microsoft media part numbers I need to order: 312-01977, 312-02469, 312-01320. I tried searching these part numbers on the Microsoft website with no results and the Exchange server web pages don't seem to have part numbers shown. Thanks for your help, Mike Lawson Call a local VAR. You dont want 2000 anyway. 2003 is the ticket! On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:53:49 G...

Format number
I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online examples. I need to format 12470 to 124.70. Thanks in advance, Anna Anna wrote: > I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online > examples. > I need to format 12470 to 124.70. You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e.g., is convert an integer 12470 to a floating-point 12470.0, then divide it by 100.0, and display it as foo.ToString("#.00"). HTH, -rick- > You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e....

SendObject 01-30-08
I'm sending an email through the SendObject procedure although I'm having problems changing the font style and adding a hyperlink to the message text in the email. If anyone can tell me how to change the font style or add a hyperlink to the message, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks! From what I know you cannot do such things with the sendobject. You'd need to automate Outlook directly. The basic coding can be found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa159619(office.11).aspx#odc_ac_olauto_sendanoutlookmessageusingaccess you can basically do anything you ...