VB Code to transfer report from Access to Excel

I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access. I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem to find a way to do it.  I'd like to use the "Analyize with Excel" button, but cant see how to use it.  Thanks in advance for your help.
1
RB
3/22/2007 3:27:23 PM
access 16762 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mar 22, 11:27 am, "RB" <mcrace...@yahoo.com> wrote:> I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access.> I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem> to find a way to do it.  I'd like to use the "Analyize with Excel" button,> but cant see how to use it.  Thanks in advance for your help.Take a look at the DoCmd object there are a number of output andtransfer methods available. Two that come to mind are    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdOutputToExcel    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, blah, blah
0
storrboy
3/22/2007 3:40:28 PM
I think i sent this reply directly.. sorry for the inconvenence.That helped me get there.  Here is what I used:  DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, stDocName, acFormatXLSThanks again for your help."storrboy" <storrboy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:1174578028.682499.7940@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...> On Mar 22, 11:27 am, "RB" <mcrace...@yahoo.com> wrote:>> I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from >> Access.>> I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant >> seem>> to find a way to do it.  I'd like to use the "Analyize with Excel" >> button,>> but cant see how to use it.  Thanks in advance for your help.>>> Take a look at the DoCmd object there are a number of output and> transfer methods available. Two that come to mind are>>    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdOutputToExcel>    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, blah, blah>
1
RB

Mutual fund codes
I have a mutual fund that I cannot get the prices for. The code is CA:AIM3593 and Money does not list that fund. I'm upgrading from Quicken 2002, which could download prices for this fund and I'm deciding between the latest versions of Money and Quicken. There are 7 other funds that I cannot get prices for because Money does not list the fund. The codes are all available at https://www.cannex.com/canada/english/fund/fp030ae.html and all work with Quicken. -- If you can keep your head about you, while all those around you are losing theirs, you just don't understand the...

Unable to Deploy 264 KB Report to SSRS 2008 Developer on Win 7
I just installed Windows 7 and Sql Server 2008 Developer with SP1. I have 20 reports that deployed fine before I upgraded the OS. All of them deploy now except for one that is 264 KB in size. The report builds and runs correctly in VS 2008. However, I cannot get it to deploy through VS 2008 nor Report Manager. Report Manager runs for a couple minutes and then shows the following error on the screen. The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. I tried changing the timeout configurations in the rsreportserver.config file and the executionT...

Sales report in RMS 2.0
Hi everyone! We are looking for one sales report in RMS 2.0 and are not able to find it. We need to see how much we have sold during each hour of current day. Basically, we need to sort our sales report by the time of transaction. Does anyone know if there is a standard report in RMS that allows to see this information? All help is appreciated. can I get a copy of that report? tommyvcfs "Craig" wrote: > Find one attached. > Craig > > "M" <M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:7731A6B3-8ACC-4E03-AADB-43B9D2E3EDC0@microsoft.com... ...

Textbox will not show report variable value
I have an application developed in Access 2000 that does not work on a machine running Access 2003. This application commonly uses the report's PageHeader_Format to set a public variable, which is referenced in a header textbox using =[variableName]. For example, one report module contains: Public rptTrial Private Sub PageHeader_Format(...) rptTrial = 1 End Sub A textbox in the header has a Control Source of: =[rptTrial] When I run the report, the textbox shows "#Name?". If I change the =[rptTrial] to =[rptTrialX] and run the report, I am prompted for a parameter value. There...

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Duplicate detection (looking for code)
I would like to add code to detect for duplicates or records with similar information. Looking to do this check on (firstname and lastname) and on address (street1, street2, city, state, zip) But I want something a little more advanced than just checking for exact matches. Wondering if anyone has some code they would care to share that might make my job of writing it a little easier? Example: Bob Smith and Bobby Smith would be detected as duplicates Rob Jones and Robert Jones would be detected as duplicates 123 main street pittsburgh, pa 15126 123 main st pittsburgh pa 15...

Bar code scanners
Hello All! I have a warehouse facility and several stores and am trying to find a way to use a barcode scanner with internal memory to scan large orders (200 pieces or greater) that i can then hook to my pc with RMS and "dump" the information into either a transfer out or an invoice. has anyone done this? if not does anyone have any recommendations? is there a person i could contact that may be able to write a short program or executable to make this happen? I would appreciate any and all information anyone may be able to provide. Thanks, Jim Hi Jim, I don't kno...

Colorising cells from code
I am using the code below which runs whenever a cell is edited -I think. I would like to change this code so that it can be 'run' against a range of cells rather than as Worksheet_Change code. What do I need to do to do that ? Thanks Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim icolor As Integer If Range("A1").Value = "" Then If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B4:J34, B35:B39")) Is Nothing Then Select Case Target Case Sheet3.Range("A4") icolor = 34 Case Sheet3.Range("A5") icolo...

EAN 14, Dun 14
Hi, I have a printer TLP 2844 (Zebra) and I need to print bar codes using EAN 14 or Dun 14. Anyone have any idea how I can do that? I want just a simple sample in how do that. I posted this question here in excel forum because there isn't any group related as bar codes and because I want to work with that using just Excel. Thanks in advance, Magno magno_jr@terra.com.br You will need to buy a software designed for barcode like Lableview. EAN14 is not a common barcode so make sure it will do that. If you call Zebra, I think they sell something, if not they can recommand on...

Code does not work on merged cells
The following code works fine on single cells but I also have Dat Validation which for cosmetic purposes merges to the next cell e.g Cell B3 merges into cell C3 - why, if I use either B3 or B3:C3 in th code below does it not work? i.e. I should get an error message if try to delete data from one of the cells. Thanks _Code_ Application.EnableEvents = False If (Len(Range("b10")) = 0) Or (Len(Range("c10")) = 0) O (Len(Range("f10")) = 0) Then With Target If .Value = "" Then Application.EnableEvents = False .Value = "Invalid" MsgBox "You ...

I cant seem to figure out how to use Proper in excel. The help op.
I keep trying to figure out how to change data in excel so that instead of all CAPS, it will have the first letter be capatalized and the rest small cap. (its names and addresses that I'm trying to merge to a word doc.) The help option is 0 help. It errors and will not tell me how to change the whole doc at all. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany deborahpib wrote: > I keep trying to figure out how to change data in excel so that > instead of all CAPS, it will have the first letter be capatalized and > the rest small ca...

How do I show the parameter info on a report header?
I generate a report that shows all my shipping info for a certain month or week. I am using a parameter query that requires the user to input the beginning date and the ending date. I'd like to see that inputed info on my header, i.e. "Shipping info for the week of: (this is where I type in my date info)". Is there a control I use or what is the easiest way to show that info? Thanks for any help anyone out there can give me!! On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:35:00 -0700, KRISTENV wrote: > I generate a report that shows all my shipping info for a certain month or > week. ...

Access newsgroups through Outlook Express
Hi, silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook express. I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, but with no luck. It finds the server but can´t download the list. ideas? I connect through news.microsoft.com. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB12CBBC-BC6B-4D29-9856-0DD080124123@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook > express. > I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, bu...

Sales by vendor report #2
What's the easiest way to get a Sales by Vendor report (with item detail)? Is this report coming from SOP? I don't understand what you need. "Elaine" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get a Sales by Vendor report (with item detail)? Do you need this information to calculate discounts passed on to customers from vendors? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Elaine" wrote: > What's the easiest way t...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

transferring from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
I have been using Windows Mail for my email, and now wish to use Outlook (2003). I have tried to Export to Microsoft Exchange, and select Outlook as the profile in the next screen. I then select the folders I need, and it does something, and tells me my messages were exported in Windows Mail format (??why noy Outlook??), but I have no idea where they are - and when I start Outlook, it can't find anything to import. Any suggestions? Windows Mail will export to the Personal Folders (.PST) file attached to the Outlook profile in use. In other words, when you open Outlook after the ...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

Report not found, problem starting up report after installing MEKO
Hi, One of the workstations is getting this error when trying to print any modified report. 'Report not found, problem starting up report'.This error started happening after we installed MEKORMA-MICR in this specific wrkstation. If we print the report from another workstation, it prints fine, without any errors. How can we fix this without having to uninstall MEKORMA-MICR? Thank you It could be that the user has security to a report that does not exist. Check Advanced Security for the check report to see what the user has access to. "VP" wrote: > Hi, > One of...

A program is trying to access Outlook 2003 Contacts
I have a user using Outlook 2003. When she goes to type a new message, a box comes up saying that a program is trying to access her contact list. How do I find out which program is trying to access it. We have scanned her machine for viruses, and she is clean. Someone please help. Thanks in advance ...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

Auto assigning department Codes to a Project
We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple resources. The resources are often from different departments. Today, we set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA "dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to the project. Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project? -- Dave Not without customization using VBA or Dexterity. -- Charles Allen, MVP "David Schmidtknecht" wrote: > We have many project...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

Every so often Server doesnt allow users to access its resources.
It started off every 3 days this issue happened but after removing unused programs to free up RAM this issue seems to happen every 20 days. Setup: 1 - Windows 2003 Server Small business edition. with all the latest Updates. I removed Exchange, WSUS, and Sharepoint as they are not needed and using too much RAM. Server Role: File Server, and Quickbooks Database 5 - XP Workstations. Symptoms: Everything will work fine and then after several days the users cannot access files or quickbooks. No mapped drives are found and the login script will not run. If i go to the serve...

How do I print a 5.5x8.5" booklet in Access?
I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. How do I print it in Access XP? On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:31:01 -0700, Jerry <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. >How do I print it in Access XP? From Bob Howard's post of 6/23/05 8:45 AM I finally decided to use a software product called FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) which acts as a Postscript printer. I give it the appropriate settings to configure the result as a booklet, and it takes care of...