Link Table ODBC error Invalid field definition

I am trying to link a table from our system using ODBC.  When I choose the
table it gives me this error:  Invalid field definition ' in definition of
index or relationship.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  I need to know
where to turn to be able to link this table.  Thanks in advance.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Change link between form and subform

Linked Forms

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

linking #4

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Adding a new Required field
Can i add a new field to my table such that i enforce a Required condition on it? I cant do this in the table design cos the field will be blank till date. Only the records henceforth should have a mandatory entry in this field. Is there a way i can set this up in the Form?ThanksRamesh Thanks .. that helped. I need to use it only on fields which should not go without data.Ramesh"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3680E488-4ED6-4EC7-966D-9504717B4BEE@microsoft.com...> Hi Ramesh>> You could use a messages box to tell users that they...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

Populate other fields from a lookup attribute
Contents: - I have an Entity B with a relationship to Entity A. - Entity B has a many-to-1 relationship to Entity A, with lookup attribute to Entity A's [Machine Name]. - Entity A has 2 fields: [Machine Name] and [Machine Description]. Scenario: When I create a new Entity B, I will click on the lookup attribute to Entity A. A window will pop-out for me to choose one instancec of Entity A. When I have clicked the desired [Machine Name] value. The lookup attribute will now show the [Machine Name] value I selected. Question: I also want to capture its corresponding [Machine Description]...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem
Hi, I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types. 1 has a wide scale, say 1 - 100,000. The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 - 20. After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale) and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those last 3 are small scale data types. So, the result is 2 data series displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like 3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has fo...

Links

Modify pivot table report
I am sent an xls that includes a worksheet that is a pivot table. There are a couple combo boxes in the first row (e.g., Date, Year) that if I were able to connect to the external data source would allow requerying of the pivot table. I don't need to do that. I just need that data as it is but I would like to delete the combo boxes from the worksheet. I am prevented from doing that (msg: you cannot change or modify a pivot table report). I can cut the data and paste it into another spreadsheet, however. I'd rather be able to modify the original worksheet (delete the first row with ...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

Error R6025
Please help... I am (trying to) run office 2000 and Microsoft XP... (I'm wondering if the combo is the problem) I CANNOT open Office for more than 30 seconds. I get Runtime error R6025! Any suggestions would be helpful.. I've done searches and reinstalled Office 2000... so far.. NADA! ...

Pivot table and running total #2
I have a table with Columns: Region, Client, Date, and quantity. Using a pivot table I want to see per Region the quantity each Clients bought or sold. The problem I have is I can't figure out how to view a running total per region. You can view at this URL "http://members.freemail.ch/paulg/pivottable.gif" a picture of how I would want to see it (in yellow) and the table it comes from. Actual data has at least 20 different regions and 60 or so clients. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

email links in Publisher pdf

text box datasource refer to a field in a table
Hi, I am building a report that gives a summary on all purchase order in a period of time. For the report, I have the query set up no problem, but on the report Head, I would like to make it dynamic so that it can display a company name field from another table (not included in the report's datasource). Using the expression builder I got the following: =[company name]!CompanyName [company name] is the name of the table and CompanyName is the name of the field in the table. When I try to run the report, it promps me for a variable, somehow it doesn't recognize that [company name] is a...

Chart template and links

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...