invalid outside procedure

Hi,
I am trying to run that procedure in vb and i get error:
"invalid outside procedure"

the code:
Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection <---- here

i add the references i:
microsoft activex data object 2.8 libary
microsoft activex data objects recordset 2.8 libray
microsoft access 11.0 object libary

thanks.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The question would be, where do you have this code? *invalid outside
procedure* would seem to indicate you don't have it inside of a Sub or a
Function, which, as the messae says, can't be done!

SIN wrote:
>Hi,
>I am trying to run that procedure in vb and i get error:
>"invalid outside procedure"
>
>the code:
>Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
>Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
>
>Set cn = New ADODB.Connection <---- here
>
>i add the references i:
>microsoft activex data object 2.8 libary
>microsoft activex data objects recordset 2.8 libray
>microsoft access 11.0 object libary
>
>thanks.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Writing Numbers Outside Rows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to leave numbers #1, #2, #3, etc outside the rows I have made but can't get the cursor to go there to type the numbers. The cursor only goes inside the row of the column. How do I get the cursor to go outside the row of the column? <br> thanks. Hi, it is unclear what exactly you are trying to do. Do you want to create a numbered list, or do you want to number the lines of your current document? If it is the latter, click on Format>Document, switch to the Layout tab and click ...

eConnect SOP Post Procedure
Hello! We are attempting to update the batch ID of an SOP order immediately after completing the integration of that order. The logic for this update is based on whether or not any process holds exist for the order. We would prefer to run this update as a post procedure in the process hold insert (taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold), but there is no post-procedure available for this node. When we attempted to include the logic as part of the header insert (taSopHdrIvcInsert), it did not pick up the process holds... we suspect the taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold node had not yet been run at t...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

Can outside users use distribution list?
Hi folks, I recently switched from a webmail client that had distribution lists to Exchange and Outlook 2003. I would like to offer people on the distribtion list (located in the Public folder) the option to email to the distribtion list so that it goes to everyone. The distribution list would therefore be like a user on our Exchange server. When I tried to email the distribution list from a yahoo account, it didn't work. The yahoo account was included in the distribution list. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have a solution. I know there are no listserves in Ex...

Outside the note section, is there a place to put Birthday,Spouse,
on the details tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E...

Invalid Operation 425
I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have not solved our problem. We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always. Our set up is RMS version 2.0 Printer - Epson Tm-881V Cash Drawer - APG VB320 OPOS ADK 2.6 Running on Windows XP Pro Any body have an idea? -- Many thanks Jack Master Jack - Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is liste...

Problems acessing server from the outside
Hello, Strange thing happens with one of my several deployments of SBS 2008. When configuring DNS the following configurations are made in all clients: DNS for jfo.pt: $TTL 86400 @ IN SOA jfo.nortenet.pt. jfo.jfo.pt. ( 2009022501 ; serial, todays date + todays serial # 28800 ; refresh, seconds 7200 ; retry, seconds 604800 ; expire, seconds 86400 ) ; minimum, seconds ; ...

Refreshing data results in "invalid cell reference"
I imported some data from a CSV into a worksheet. On another worksheet (named Chapel) I referenced the data in a formula: {=SUM(IF(Chapel!$A$1:Chapel!$A$1000=Categories!$A1, IF(Chapel!$C$1:Chapel!$C$1000=Categories!A$30,1,0),0))} This formula works fine. Now, if I go and refresh my data I get invalid references in my formula: {=SUM(IF(Chapel!$A$1:Chapel!#REF!=Categories!$A1, IF(Chapel!$E$1:Chapel!$E$1000=Categories!A$30,1,0),0))} Is there some way to make this work? And why do some references to Chapel change but others do not? Notice that the first reference to $A$1000 is now invalid...

Graphical Indicator to show if outside budget
Hi there, I am working in Excel 2003, I have 4 columns as below: Budget Actual Variance Outside Budget 10000 15000 5000 # 10000 20000 10000 ## Is there anyway I can set up a formula that will place a # in the Outside Budget column for every $5000 that is over budget? Many thanks One way =REPT("#", TRUNC(C2/5000)) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Mustang" wrote: > Hi there, > > I am working in Excel 2003, I have 4 columns as below: > Budget Actual Variance Outside Budget > 10000 150...

Renamed invalid sheet name
I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7 and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears "Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be automated as before. What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "...

Invalid object name when I try to create a scaler udf in a stored procedure.
I am trying to create a report that shows a company name, all the advisors in that company, then the company's stats (there should be one row for each company). Each of these come from a different table. The advisors are currently being listed as one per line, which means the company name and the stats are all being repeated unneccesarily. I want to concatinate the advisors, so that all the ones that belong to the same company show in the same cell. I wrote this UDF which is located right before my SP: CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[ConcatAdvisorNames](@Company as varchar(20)) RETURNS VA...

how to use invalidate and validate
I am using DrawRectangle and SetPixel and some other drawing functions over an image displayed in the background. I'm wondering what exactly I should be doing to make sure that when my application regains focus that things were like they were when focus was lost. I'm not quite sure what the Validate functions do, which is part of the problem. -- to reply, remove Big10 from address Andrew, There is only one way to make sure that the drawing is persistant even after another application has been activated (or indeed anything else forcing a redraw, such as the display of a dialogbox)...

correct recovery procedure ex 5.5
Hi, What is the correct recovery procedure for unscrambling a 5.5 database? I have tried eseutil /p ... and /d and then isinteg ... alltests I got 9 fixes after the latter. Unfortunately the exch services still wont start, saying there are inconsistencies No backup, of course ... Any help greatly appreciated. NEIL Keep running isinteg....alltests till 0 errors/fixes -------------- Sushil Sharma Microsoft PSS "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Invalidate
Hi, I added a control to a View. So, I believe, that when I call Invalidate(), it effects the control and I get flicker. I am not erasing the background. BOOL CViewX::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { return TRUE; // return CView::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); } Is there anything else that might be causing it? Thanks, -- dbgrpt.c -1 Computer wrote: > Hi, > > I added a control to a View. > So, I believe, that when I call Invalidate(), > it effects the control and I get flicker. > > I am not erasing the background. > BOOL CViewX::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) > { > return TRUE; ...

Using QSRules outside Store Operations
I'm writing a .NET webservice to post transactions to a RMS database using QSRules. This thread on the forum gave me a great start but for some reason the call to Transaction.Post isn't generating a transaction: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=f93ecdb7-0218-4b57-a891-f75b8f074aab&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 Any ideas what could be wrong? We have written a few of these...our biggest problem was determining what characters are considered illegal characters ...

execute a Store Procedure using a hook
hi everyone again, i have a question about the hooks, i have a hook of type 1 and i need to execute a Store Procedure. Its possible? im asking this because when the hook is fired up by the event, it work me fine until the line of execute that sp. ...

RWW when not connected to domain
I have installed a SBS 2008 Server. I ran the internet connection but my client has an non-listed web site so I skipped DNS. I went to RWW and it lists my domain for RWW as remote.companydomain.com. My internal domain is companydomain.local. I have a SonicWall TZ100 as the firewall to the Internet. I am using SBS 2008 as my DHCP server. All necessary ports are open on both Firewalls (e.g., 80, 334, 3389, 987). I can connect on PCs that are connected to the domain, but not with my laptop - even when I am on the LAN - which of course leads to not being able to connect when I...

The user Id is invalid.

How to change a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure shown below, not written by me. I want it t show in desending order rather than asending so in the procedue I modified itemdate ASC, id ASC to itemdate DESC, id DESC as shown in the code below. But that didn't change what was displayed. Do I have to insert a GO after the SQL code that shows when I select Modify on the procedure? I did try that also. I don't understand what the id ASC does in that command. Can ORDER take two parameters? The change did get stored because I looked after closing and opening. But do I normall...

Invalid Domain Name. Domain name invalid or unreachable
Hi, I am getting following error in MS CRM 4.0 when using Deployment Manager: "Invalid Domain Name. Domain name is either invalid or unreachable". Also when using the Plug-in registration tool, I am getting the same error. And I am not able to register any plug-in. Request you to please provide your inputs. Thanks in advance, help appreciated. Bharat ...