import text files in 2007 via macro

I am trying to use the macro tool to import a text file into my database.  I
believe the function/action used to be called "transfer text" but I can't
seem to find in 2007.  Any help would be appreciated!
access 16762 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Zapper,

Click the Show All Actions button in the Show/Hide group on the Macro
Design Tools tab.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

ZAPPER wrote:
> I am trying to use the macro tool to import a text file into my database.  I
> believe the function/action used to be called "transfer text" but I can't
> seem to find in 2007.  Any help would be appreciated!
3
Steve

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

Creating mailboxes via command line.
In Exchange 5.5 I used a CSV import to create mailboxes from a script. Is there an equivalent (or better) functionailty in Exchange 2003? I use dsadd to create the user account on the 2003 AD server but cannot figure out how to create the mailbox. Any ideas are appreciated. I did look on the windows scripting page, but did not see much that was useful. David Eaton David: You can use LDIFDE or CSVDE. Do some research on both. Neither are as friendly as the import/export features of Exchange 5.5. I personally would recommend learning some scripting and using VBS instead. Do a search for ...

excel 97 xml import

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

Capturing "text" instead of the formula
I have the following code snippet: Pass = 0 Fail = 0 For i = 9 To (ZeroRow - 3) Step 8 If Cells(i, "H").Value = Pass Then Pass = Pass + 1 Else Fail = Fail + 1 End If Next The cells I'm referring to actually have formulas in them but when you look at the worksheet the cells have either "Pass" or "Fail" in them. That's what I'm trying to capture. But when I run this code it doesn't see "Pass" in any of the cells so all of them in the for loop get assigned to Fail. I've tried putting t...

Importing a CSV file

Make a complete list of words from texts in a range
Hey guys - again :) My challenge today is as follow: Sheet = "TEXT" In column A i have several celles with texts/comments - words/ sentences I want to split all the texts into singel words and make a word-list of all used words of this column A - and copy the words into a new sheet (sheet = "WORDS") column A as my complete word-list. I have no idea of how to do this. After producing this word-list I will remove the doublettes and sort it - this of course I CAN do bmy own "skills". Will anyone please help me? Kindly regards Snoopy On Fri, 27 ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Excel 2007 Vista
When I try to opne Excel 2007 in Vista, the application appears with the lower status bar on top and greyed out, and complete blue in the middle - no spread sheet. I have to close using ALT-F4, try re-opening and it comes up that way again - then sometimes it opens up normally. Any ideas? -- Regards, Sean Liming Yes, same problem here. I thought I had tracked it down to Kaspersky Internet Security v6. Turning that off and immediately re-opening the file has worked for the last week but then it happened again last night and turning off Kaspersky had no effect. After retrying about ...

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

Publisher 2007 #11
Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. annephiliben@bendcable.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I > can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. All of the same design, different designs, or mail merged? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org In page setup select an Avery template. Works every time. 3263 is good. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

Watermark behind text in the footer?
Hello Excel experts! I'm working on a spreadsheet of about 50 pages in Excel 2003. Ideally, the client would like each page to have a footer with a number 1, 2, 3, etc... in the bottom right hand corner...identifying his content. These are not page numbers he wants, just a simple numbering sequence. I can handle THAT part! LOL What he'd also like is a watermark type of graphic to sit *behind* each number. For example, let's say that he'd like each number super-imposed onto a maple leaf background. I've managed to get the maple leaf background (graphic) to sit on eit...

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...