How to display last for digits of SSN?

I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security number.
How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
criteria?
Thanks.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:54:01 -0800, Denise wrote:

> I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security number.
> How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
> criteria?
> Thanks.

Add an unbound control to the form.
Set it's Control Source to:
=Right([SSN],4)

Change SSN to whatever the actual social security field name is.
Make sure the name of this control is not the same as the name of the
social security field.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Last4: Right([SSAN_Field],4)
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security
>number.
> How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
> criteria?
> Thanks.

0
De
3/13/2010 5:24:53 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:19:28 -0800, fredg <fgutkind@example.invalid>
wrote:

>Set it's Control Source to:
>=Right([SSN],4)

Or you can format it in a way that is often used to show obscured
SSNs:

="***-**-" + Right([SSN],4)

This will show it in format ***-**-1234 if there is a value there.  By
using the + for concatenation, it will show nothing if the SSN is
null.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com

0
Armen

How many digit i can set with my Store ID
How many digit i can set with my Store ID? Is it max of 4 digit? I do not suggest more than 5 as this may then cause problems with interstore transfer - also make sure that no transfer ID [which can manually be changed] is more than 14 characters. Afshin Alikhani -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Vincen" wrote: > How many digit i can set with my Store ID? > Is it max of 4 digit? ...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

>1 hh displays in minutes. Display in hour+?
Sorry, I've looked everywhere, through google and all my saved spreadsheets but I don't remember enough to have brought up any kind of useful result. I have a spreadsheet that is tracking time. I have the format set to HH:mm:ss and enter 375000, for example, for a 37.5 hh workweek. In the column that deducts for overtime, I have a couple of entries like this: 00:74:00 00:81:00 where 00:74:00 would be better as 01:14:00 for 1 hour and 14 minutes, and 00:81:00 should display as 01:21:00. How can we this be done pls? I don't see how to apply anything in http://www.cpearson.com/...

Account Overview report does not display subaccounts
Hi all, I don't know if I am missing something here but it seems the Account Overview report does not display subaccounts, even after I modify the include/exclude drop down and refresh the report (or click on View Report). I would like to display a hierarchy of subaccounts for the selected parent account. I thought that the Account Overview report was intended to do that! Thanks, Mohamed ...

display as
I've tried to change the "display as" field, but it always resets to as in the "full name" field. (When I send to a contact, o nthe "to:" field ends up showing the "full name", instead of the "display as" name I've tried to save. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way where I could assign "nick names", so it's easier to identify contacts rather going through a list of the same first names or last names? each time? thanks. #1) Outlook version? #2) How are you trying to change the Email Display As field? ...