How to display last for digits of SSN?

  • Follow

I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security number.
How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
criteria?
Thanks.

0
Reply Utf 3/11/2010 8:54:01 PM

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:54:01 -0800, Denise wrote:

> I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security number.
> How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
> criteria?
> Thanks.

Add an unbound control to the form.
Set it's Control Source to:
=Right([SSN],4)

Change SSN to whatever the actual social security field name is.
Make sure the name of this control is not the same as the name of the
social security field.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

In a query:

Last4: Right([SSAN_Field],4)
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Denise" wrote:

> I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security number.
> How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
> criteria?
> Thanks.

0
Reply Utf 3/11/2010 9:42:01 PM

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to display on a form the last for digits of a social security
>number.
> How do I limit the display? in query? form field properties? what is the
> criteria?
> Thanks.

0
Reply De 3/13/2010 5:24:53 PM

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:19:28 -0800, fredg <fgutkind@example.invalid>
wrote:

>Set it's Control Source to:
>=Right([SSN],4)

Or you can format it in a way that is often used to show obscured
SSNs:

="***-**-" + Right([SSN],4)

This will show it in format ***-**-1234 if there is a value there.  By
using the + for concatenation, it will show nothing if the SSN is
null.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com