How do I prevent duplicate incoming emails?

Recently I started getting two of each incoming email message. Just today,
there are now four copies of each incoming message. How do I get it back to
just one and keep it there? I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You might want to post this to an Outlook forum as this is an Access database
forum and you might not get much response due to that.

Merry Christmas!
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"Memphis King" wrote:

> Recently I started getting two of each incoming email message. Just today,
> there are now four copies of each incoming message. How do I get it back to
> just one and keep it there? I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

Retrieve email from deleted folder
I accidentally deleted emails from a saved folder I had in outlook express, can I get them back? In news:evMZBm13FHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, laurie davis <ljd949@localnet.com> typed: > I accidentally deleted emails from a saved folder I had in outlook > express, can I get them back? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Tr...

Duplicate Entries #2
I'm a "casual" user of Excel 2002. I have a single-column spreadsheet containing about 900 entries, many of them duplicates. I've sorted the list alphabetically. Is there any good, automated procedure for eliminating duplicate entries, or is that strictly a long, boring manual process? Thanks very much for your help, JW. ASAP Utilities, which is a free add-in easily found by Googling "ASAP Utilities," makes this an easy job. After installing the add-in, highlight the range that includes your lists, and go to "ASAP Utilities/Information/Count Duplicat...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

Receiving Duplicate Messages
Hi, I recently tried to set up Outlook Express on a 2nd computer. Since that time I am receiving duplicate messages from senders. How can I stop receiving dual messages? Thanks, Todd Have you configured this connection (presumably to a POP3 server) to "delete" messages on the server after download? If you, should to stop the duplicates. However, this in confict to have OE running on a second machine where presumably you want to have duplicate mails. That's what IMAP servers were invented for ... If you can use than protocol instead of POP3, then do so. Hope this i...

Zoom adjustment on outgoing emails...
I must have hit some button that has zoomed (enlarged the font and email signature on my outgoing emails. Can seem to figure out how to adjust back and all formatting looks the same as it did before problem occurred. thanks. What Mail program are you using? There should be some method of adjusting the font size in the Mail program. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "DMarkeldt" <DMarkeldt@discu...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

97: How can I find duplicate entries in a column?
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. This is a very basic question from an even more basic user. I have a spread sheet with a long list of ID numbers for skips. Sometimes duplicate numbers arise from paper work from elsewhere and I get a false total of skips in hand. How can I organise that column to highlight a duplicate entry please? Shen --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Insert a helper column: =COUNTIF(A1:A9999,A1) (adjust the range to suit.) then the formulas that evaluate to more than 1 will be duplicated. Chip Pearson has some other techniques at: http://ww...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Income budgeting
I am using Money 2004, and noticed recently that somehow a budget amount for overtime pay is appearing on my monthly budget reports. I've tried to edit the budget, but cannot find where this figure is coming from. The figures I see on the edit page show zero dollars budgeted for overtime. I must say that I don not care for xome of the extra 'help' that you get with this package. I wouldn't mind so much if the software would give you a suggestion based on history, then let you choose whether or not to use the information. I find it frustrating to have spend time figur...

Duplicate data on combo box
I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info is entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city field. However, if there is more than one customer from NEW YORK it is showing new york twice instead of once. How can I change that? Thanks "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA286B1-1A7A-40D3-849B-9E7634F0B705@microsoft.com... >I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info >is > entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city > f...

Outlook Email Account File
I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files so that I don't have to re-enter all the accounts. Anybody know the name of the file? Thanks, John John P. Chambers, LCSW, LMFT, LPC wrote: || I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem || finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the || file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files || so that I don't have to r...

Can Outlook be set to display email in text only
For security I don't want Outlook to display incomming e-mail in html, i want to use plain text only. I have the mail format in options set to plain text but I still receive my Em in html. Is it possiable to do this nd if so HOW??? Thanks PS I am using Office 2000 Not in your version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phido asked: | For security I ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

how to keep original email in inbox after replying to it?
At the moment the original email disappears when I reply to it. this started to happen at the beginning of this week (29 March). How do I get the email to remain in my inbox? Thanks. "laughter" <laughter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D44D20-25D3-4FFF-A159-7692D0E2EE80@microsoft.com... > At the moment the original email disappears when I reply to it. this > started > to happen at the beginning of this week (29 March). How do I get the email > to > remain in my inbox? > > Thanks. Check your View. Set it to messa...

duplicate entries needed
Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a company and an IRA with the same company. I haven't been able to figure out how to enter both because Money won't allow a duplicate entry of symbols. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q59. "mockalisj" <mockalisj@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:2b4301c37476$3594e820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same > market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a > c...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

Security issues
More and more users at our company want to use the cell phone to check email. Our Exchange server is behind a firewall and all the remote accesses need to use VPN client now. What is the best way to open the access to the cell phone? Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you Lan Li Maybe http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Forwarding_Mail_to_an_External_Recipient_Part_II.html? Or get Blackberries - there are several that combine phones. Then Blackberry Enterprise Server is your friend - Lan Li wrote: > More and more users at our company want to use the cell phone to > check email...

Adobe Toolbar in email
WinXP, Outlook 2003, Word as editor Has anyone found a way to remove the annoying Adobe Toolbar from the New email message? Thanks Otto Microsoft <Hackel@hotmail.com> wrote: > WinXP, Outlook 2003, Word as editor > Has anyone found a way to remove the annoying Adobe Toolbar from the > New email message? I would think uninstalling the Adobe application would be one way. -- Brian Tillman ...

Duplicate Table with unique Name
I am using Pervasive.SQL 2000 for a database and GP 6.0. I am trying to duplicate a table in dexterity. I duplicate the resource and give it a unique physical name. I then compile the dictionary and run the ddf generator. I then copy the table intot ehf older on the server and go to pervasive Control Center and the table does not show. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? The table I am duplicatng is RM00103. I am trying to add a copy of the table from backup so that I can run a sql statement to update the existing table from the backup table. Thanks! ...

Email not leaving outbox
Simple as that really is used to just go as soon as you clicked send but now it sits there untill you hit send/receive. I have checked everything is says to under the outlook help and the checkbox is selected that says "send immediatly when connected". I am all out of ideas!? hi Tim, What you could probably do is to search for the outbox.dbx and then rename it to Outbox.old. Hope this helps!!! Regards XXX "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:103f01c46ed6$16344ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Simple as that really is used to just go ...

Odd issue
Hi, Odd issue this one. Someone created an account (Logon) for a new starter the other day. Lets say 'Dave Smith' for easy reference. E-mail account created as well(Exchange 2000) and it puts the default Dave.Smith@companyname.com as default SMTP address. Normally all fine, never have to look again. Now the user is complaining that there is a rogue 'S' infront of their first name!? Sure enough when they sent a test e-mail it can out as Sdave.Smith@companyname.com I just can't work out why. I view every attribute for the user mail account and nobody has mistakenly...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...