How do I freeze a column to scroll in Access 2007?

Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
student information.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can not.  This is not Excel.
Why would you need to freeze a field in a relational database?
--
Build a little, test a little.

"jenbcoll" wrote:

> Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
> student information.
It's your form is a datasheet or split form with a datasheet you can right
click on the column heading and choose Freeze Columns.

Not sure hwo this compares to Excel freezing ability.

Or do it in code.

Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

"jenbcoll" <jenbcoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
> student information.

0
Mark

Outlook 2000 No access to email
In trying to open outlook I recieved the following. "An OLE registration erroe occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for the program". I have run set up twice and stil recieve the same message and have no access to outlook as it immediately closes. Help appreciated. ...

Text to column using multiple spaces?? CITY STATE ZIP
Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP How can I do this? I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 parts: BUFFALO NY 11222 or sometimes it is: BUFFALO CITY NY 11223 any ideas? thanks. On Apr 29, 11:15=A0am, PAkerly <pake...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP > > I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP > > How can I do this? =A0I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 > parts: > > BUFFALO NY 11222 >...

CEICW freezes at configuring firewall
Hello, this post in in relation to my other post of the ntbackup not working. I did a restore and the backups works fine, and i was just testing everything out, when i noticed, the CEICW was not working correctly. IT always freezes at configuring firewall and its 1cm away from finishing that. IT causes the computer to lockup. there are no errors in the event log, or in the ICW.log. the log stops with no errors. I even went back 3 months with the backup and it still has the same problem. I found a working backup from 09 but the active directory has changes so much that it is n...

VLookup to merge Access Query data into Excel Report
Bernie, You mentioned to Bum that you had some code to merge Access Query Data into specific cells in Excel. Can you send me that code as well. I would greatly appreciate it. Vira-SJH ...

best way to sum a column with #N/a's?
what is the best way to sum a column (that i polulated by using vlookup that contains #n/a, positve and negative numbers i am currently doing =sumif(a1:a20,">0",a1:a20)+sumif(a1:a20,"<0",a1:a20) anyone know of a more effiecient wa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =sum(if(isnumber(a1:a20),a1:a20)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) "sokevin <" wrote: > > what is the best way to sum a...

Access Queries 02-29-08
Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table that is sorted by amount. Right click on properties in design view of the query and on top values select top 5. "LL" wrote: > Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table > that is sorted by amount. ...

Adding Same Field 2x in an Excel 2007 Pivot Table
Hello, Is there a way to add the same field twice in a Pivot Table? I'm trying to add a Date field in the Row section of the Pivot Table twice but it does not allow me to do it. I need to have it in there twice since one of the fields will be group week and the second will show each individual day. I thought this was possible but I can’t seem to make it work. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ...

Sorting by more than 3 columns
1) Is it possible to write a macro sorting by more than 3 columns? 2) Can I write input boxes into the macro so that I can determine each time which columns I want to sort by first, second, third, etc.? Thanks Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/MoreThanThreeColumnSort.zip It's in the "Worksheet with VBA" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm This workbook demonstrates a method to sort four or more columns. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.co...

How can I combine a 3-D column and stacked column chart
Imagine that your income comes from two streams. To make clearer the year-on-year differecnes you like to display a 3D chart by year by month, but use a stacked column to show the two income streams: X = month y = stacked two incomes z = year on year This doesn't seem to be one of the options. Any ideas? 3D charts cannot be combined with other chart types. They also tend to skew the data and add lots of shapes that are more distracting than elucidating. Can't you use a different chart type, in 2D? Your data isn't strictly XYZ data. A clustered column chart shows data just as ...

Instant Access not enabled.
At start-up of Excel I get a pop-up which states: "Unable to Find Quit on the File Menu. Instant Access not enabled." I can then choose to press OK on the pop-up, after which everything works OK and Instant Access does work. I believe Quit is on the File Menu: it's the X mark to quit Excel completely. I also have an add-on icon which I can't get rid of (couldn't get rid of it in Excel 2000 either), as it keeps coming back, even though it says it can't come back and will be irretrievable. This add-on is for an old scanner that I no longer use and have deleted ...

OE removed access to...
I am having some issues with my Outlook Express. When I try to send an e-mail with an attachment or website, I get a message that "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail:blah blah blah..." Then the person I am mailing it to just gets an e-mail that doesn't have anything in it because my OE removed it. Why is it doing this to me? I don't know where to go to fix this, so any help would be great. Thanks- Mike B Next time, post in an Outlook Express forum - this one supports Outlook from Microsoft Office - Outlook Express belongs to Int...

Resizing the Scroll Bar.
Hi Guys, here is the thing, when you open a new excel file,if you notice the scroll bar on the right it is of a bigger size, but as you keep entering rows of data, it starts adjusting the size automatically, understandable. but now here is the problem...when you even delete the data it doesnt re adjusts and becomes big...no it stays the same size hence becomes very senitive that a slight move takes you up or down the sheet many many rows...i have tried deleting the extra/empty rows, removing any editing from them and stuff like that...i cannot find a proper solution. although i did have...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

How to import MS Access data into MS CRM 02-28-07
Hello all, My questions is sample. it 's possible import contact with data SQL into CRM. If yes How do ? Thanks for answers David David, It is possible to import data (from Access OR SQL) into CRM. Our Company uses a product called Scribe to accomplish this (www.scribesoft.com). From what I understand, this is the only 'supported' way to import data into CRM entities. You would basically connect the source data through one adapter (either for Access or SQL) and through a CRM Adapter into CRM. I hope that this answers your question. Thanks, John Thibodeau www.ibisin...

Calculation error found in Excel 2007 under XP
The already infamous 850*77.1 calculation error found in Excel 2007 shows different behaviour under different OS: - when running Vista the result is 100000 (instead of the correct 65535) ! - when running XP the result cannot be calculated (Excel displays "the formula you typed contains an error") ! The question is : when do we get a patch? On Sep 25, 1:52 pm, Yavor <Ya...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The already infamous 850*77.1 calculation error found in Excel 2007 shows > different behaviour under different OS: > > - when running Vista the result is 1...

Totalling Columns
I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. No matter what form I take I can't achieve this. Can anyone help, please. TIA Ed Hi Ed: In the merged cell {B23-C23} enter the formula: =SUM(B2:B22)-SUM(C2:C22) -- Gary's Student "Ed O'Brien" wrote: > I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and > C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. > > No matter what form I take I can't...

Memo Field From Access To SQL2000
Hi I have an database that is originally in Access97 I converted into Access2000 then used the upsizing wizard to convert to SQL2000. I am now attempting to update the data using Queries however several of the table crash because the memo field data is too larger to fit the field on SQL and as a result the tables don't get updated... Suggestions ? Meir Make destination field in SQL a 'text' field. "Meir Rotfleisch" <meir@mrrcomputers.cc> wrote in message news:OfBjASQ2DHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have an database that is originally in...

Outlook 2007 freezes/crashes on startup most of the time
A little more than 50% of the time, Outlook 2007 freezes for me on startup. Usually it is very early on -- according to the task manager, there has been very little I/O when it freezes. When frozen, there is no I/O or change in RAM usage. It appears to be totally dead. After killing the task and restarting a few times, sometimes it will start up fine, other times it will ask me to disable an add-on. The add-on to be disabled appears to be varied randomly. Usually if I disable the add-on, it starts up okay, and then I can re-enable the add-on from the trust center and it works fine from then o...

Freezing panes
I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution? You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that both are visible on s...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

Comapre columns
hi i have a worksheet containing two columns of data column A = names column B = Team Cell k1 holds the widows log on name ie kevin Cell I1 holds the team identification ie team 1 i want to read column A compare it with the name logged on then i want to check the team in column B against team Identification if the user name is correct and the team is correct open the workbook for editing if the username is correct and the team is incorrect open the open the book in Read Only If user name is incorrect open workbook Read Only On Feb 2, 11:57=A0am, kevin carter <kevca...@btin...

Convert an Access program to Excel
With help, I created an Access program that I want to convert to an Excel program if possible. Program used Buttons that when hit calculated information input into several boxes and then caused a dialog box to open with a value and a message depending on the value calculated. Would like to know if you can do this same sort of thing in Excel. David Undoubtedly, Excel will be able to do this, but it will need, probably, to be re-written. If the dialogues used were VBA MsgBox and VBA InputBox or MSUserForms it will be easy, as these are common to all office applications, but if they ar...

Very Slow Access
i have text fields on my database, when i type in text it can be sometimes very slow until it apears on the screen Any idea what could be casuing this That is a classic sign of a slow network or connection. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Simon" wrote: > i have text fields on my database, when i type in text it can be > sometimes very slow until it apears on the screen > > Any idea what could be casuing this > > . > ...

Exporting files from Access into Excel
I'm not sure whether to put this message in Access or Excel, but here goes. I exported data from an Access database into Excel (using versions 2002). One of the fields was a text field. For some reason, when it was imported into Excel, the field was cropped to 255 characters. Which is fine, if that's how it does it. But there a couple of cases where it left 285 characters. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Suroor I bet that the data type was Memo in the Access table. Here's a good source for that issue: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Jerry ...

Freezing
When I delete messages, Outlook freezes and gives the message that Outlook is not responding. ...