Export Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file

Fairly new to Access VBA.

How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???

I believe the VBA Syntax is...

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
"Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"

How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???

Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.

PSULionRP

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You would set that up in your specification, and save it.  That would be the
"specification name" parameter.

"PSULionRP" wrote:

> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

Can you be a little more specific Chris?? This is the first time I have ever
attempted this. Or provide me an education link that might explain this in
detail?

Thanks Chris.

"Chris" wrote:

> You would set that up in your specification, and save it.  That would be the
> "specification name" parameter.
>
> "PSULionRP" wrote:
>
> > Fairly new to Access VBA.
> >
> > How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
> >
> > I believe the VBA Syntax is...
> >
> > DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> > "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
> >
> > How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
> >
> > Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
> >
> > PSULionRP

First, you need to create a query that selects all the data that you want.
Save it.  Then, run the query, and click on FILE, EXPORT.  You will get the
export query window. Under the SAVE AS TYPE dropdown, select text files and
then click on export.  The export text window will appear.  Select delimited,
enter the pipe symbol for delimiter, and click on advanced.  Then, select
SAVE AS, and enter a name.  This will be the "Specification Name".  Save the
query.  The query name will be "qry_name".

Hope this helps.

"PSULionRP" <PSULionRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

0
De
3/13/2010 5:34:23 PM
yhhhhhh

"PSULionRP" <PSULionRP@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 87F9C276-0FC5-4B63-AB88-A5D7F00EE31D@microsoft.com...
> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

0
joelgeraldine

Export to XML exports single row only

address book access
I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do? Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the server which is why you are unable to access it. "muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C96FE3-5BC9-4872-9DBE-113BE315459F@microsoft.com... > I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts...

merging 2 -3 different MS money files into one
hi over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions but both contain some common so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions from the begining till now. what is the best method to do this. thanks There is no good method. The only method, and not a good one, is File|Export of individual accounts to .QIF ...

Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine
Thanks for any help in advance... I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients. I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach. Our network engineer has opened port...

Access Chart with a secondary Y Axis
Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible to get a secondary y-axis in Access charts? I have two series of numbers. One averages around 2.0 and the other around 50 (both measured against time) e.g. Jan07 1.8 48.7 Feb07 1.9 50.4 Mar07 1.9 49.8 Apr07 2.1 52.3 May07 2.0 45.2 Jun07 2.0 49.8 Jul07 1.9 50.3 If I plot both on the same graph as line the first series would just appear as a flat line along the bottom and I can't see any changes in it. Is there a way to have a secondary axis (I think this is possible in Excel) on the right hand side of the chart? I've thought there might be ...

LARGE File Size
Hi, I have been given a file that 7.7 meg. The content is approximately 30 cells x 30 cells. There is some border formatting but the majority of the cells are empty as it is a timesheet template. There is three lines and a small picture in the file. If I copy all cells over to a new work by pasting values and then pasting formats & copying over the lines and image, the new file is 66.5K !!! Any ideas why the same content can have such varying file sizes ??? Thanks John Hi John Excel can think that the usedrange is bigger then it is. You can see how big your usedrange is on every...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

use File Send with Office and Lotus Notes #2
I'm using Office (2000) and Lotus Notes (6.5). On my previous PC I used the same software, and I could send an Excel or Word document by choosing File, Send To, and Mail Recipient (as attachment). After getting the new PC and installing the software, I don't have the option to send a file from within Word or Excel. Internet Explorer is set to use Lotus Notes as my e-mail program, but I don't see a place within Word or Excel to tell them which e-mail program to use. What am I missing? Thank you for your help. -Dan ...

ost file
How do I gain access to an OST file if the user changed their profile? Is it possible to get that data out of there? ...

Vlookup in Access
Hi, I have 'Table1' with 3 fields: MonthOfFlight (text 3 digits), USExchange (number), CANexchange (number) and 'Table2' with 3 fields: Flightdate (date), Agent (text), amount (number). The layout of table1, should be like this: Jan 1.24 1,1 Feb 1.30 1.05 Mar 1.26 1.15 ... etc The loyout of table2 should be like this: 1/1/07 AAAAA 1000 2/1/07 CCCCC 1500 3/1/07 BBBBB 1250 I create a new query using 'Table2' with all 3 the fields plus 1 more field 'Exchange'. I want to take USExchange to fill on Exchange field based the...

Access vs Excel
I wanted to get the opinion of both the excel and access group on this subject. We currently have an ERP but is lacking in some aspects. In order to get around the shortcomings, I have an user that is very proficient with excel. He has made spreadsheets that access the information out of our ERP and mimics some of it's functions. He is using excel to store information and has created interfaces for users to enter in data. My question is, should we continue using excel to do this. We have hundreds of excel files that get created with information everywhere. OR should we start using acc...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Opening Access with the Shift key
I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by holding down the shift key whilst opening the database, but this does not work in 2007. How do i get back to the advanced access options when I open this *.accdb database? On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:38:00 -0800, f13lecturer wrote: > I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some > settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by > holding down the shift key whilst openi...

Export / Import Security

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Recovering Files
Is there any possible way where you can recover a file that has been lost, and when it appeared in the autorecover box wasn't saved? Thanks for your help. You could be lucky and it will be in your temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Look for files that have a pub prefix, change the .tmp extension to .pub. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2E96A9-AED1-4524-B0CF-E4A2EDDF94CF@microsoft.com... > Is there an...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Export item ID?

Exporting to Powerpoint

Skip used labels in Access 2007
I have asked this question before, but apparently no one had tackled the problem yet. Maybe someone has now. I am trying to do a macro (or module if it is now the case) that skips used mailing labels on a page when printing two or three only. I know in the old Access this was possible, but I have yet to get it to work with 2007. Any ideas? By the way, I am not the best of programmers so keep it simple for me. Thanks. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but this is the query I use in a little application I devised, as the RecordSource of a labels report to pr...

Changing Query Filter for multiple Queries
I am working with several databases that each have 20+ different queries. Most of the queries have the same filter (like 200*)to restrict only the dates after 12/31/1999. In 2010, however, the queries do not pick up any of the data for 2010. Therefore, all of the queries that use that filter need to be changed. Is there any way to handle this change systematically? Thanks so much On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:39:01 -0800, SDamico <SDamico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with several databases that each have 20+ different queries. >Most of the queries have...