Export Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file

  • Follow

Fairly new to Access VBA.

How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???

I believe the VBA Syntax is...

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
"Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"

How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???

Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.

PSULionRP

0
Reply Utf 3/9/2010 2:27:01 PM

You would set that up in your specification, and save it.  That would be the
"specification name" parameter.

"PSULionRP" wrote:

> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

0
Reply Utf 3/9/2010 2:41:01 PM

Can you be a little more specific Chris?? This is the first time I have ever
attempted this. Or provide me an education link that might explain this in
detail?

Thanks Chris.

"Chris" wrote:

> You would set that up in your specification, and save it.  That would be the
> "specification name" parameter.
>
> "PSULionRP" wrote:
>
> > Fairly new to Access VBA.
> >
> > How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
> >
> > I believe the VBA Syntax is...
> >
> > DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> > "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
> >
> > How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
> >
> > Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
> >
> > PSULionRP

0
Reply Utf 3/9/2010 2:50:05 PM

First, you need to create a query that selects all the data that you want.
Save it.  Then, run the query, and click on FILE, EXPORT.  You will get the
export query window. Under the SAVE AS TYPE dropdown, select text files and
then click on export.  The export text window will appear.  Select delimited,
enter the pipe symbol for delimiter, and click on advanced.  Then, select
SAVE AS, and enter a name.  This will be the "Specification Name".  Save the
query.  The query name will be "qry_name".

Hope this helps.

"PSULionRP" wrote:

> Can you be a little more specific Chris?? This is the first time I have ever
> attempted this. Or provide me an education link that might explain this in
> detail?
>
> Thanks Chris.
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > You would set that up in your specification, and save it.  That would be the
> > "specification name" parameter.
> >
> > "PSULionRP" wrote:
> >
> > > Fairly new to Access VBA.
> > >
> > > How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
> > >
> > > I believe the VBA Syntax is...
> > >
> > > DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> > > "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
> > >
> > > How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
> > >
> > > Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
> > >
> > > PSULionRP

0
Reply Utf 3/9/2010 3:39:01 PM

"PSULionRP" <PSULionRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

0
Reply De 3/13/2010 5:34:23 PM

yhhhhhh

"PSULionRP" <PSULionRP@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 87F9C276-0FC5-4B63-AB88-A5D7F00EE31D@microsoft.com...
> Fairly new to Access VBA.
>
> How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???
>
> I believe the VBA Syntax is...
>
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
> "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"
>
> How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???
>
> Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.
>
> PSULionRP

0
Reply joelgeraldine 3/17/2010 1:37:05 PM

(page loaded in 0.362 seconds)

Reply: