DoCmd.OpenForm command is not working as should.

I have this form with about 4  comand buttons on it but 1 of them is not
working the way it should.

Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
  DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
End Sub

Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
  DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
End Sub

cmdMainMenu_Click works fine but cmdChangeVendor_Click doesn't work.
"Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't open, nothing open. but when I run it
using the Toggle Breakpoint everything works the way it should. The other
thing is when I try to use this variation:
Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
  DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
End Sub
I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
when I know damn sure it does.
Can any one tell me what is going on here?
 Thanks
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:16:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
>  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>  DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
>End Sub
>I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
>when I know damn sure it does.

From the Help:

FormName   Required Variant. A string expression that's the valid name of a
form in the current database. If you execute Visual Basic code containing the
OpenForm method in a library database, Microsoft Access looks for the form
with this name first in the library database, then in the current database.

You're not passing the form name as a text string. You're passing a Form
object.

Try

DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/2/2008 3:28:10 AM
I don't know if you saw the whole thing I wrote this were my original codes:
Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
  DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
End Sub

Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
  DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
End Sub

The first one doesn't work but the second works fine. Thats what I am trying
to figure out.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:16:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> >  DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >  DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
> >End Sub
> >I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
> >when I know damn sure it does.
>
> From the Help:
>
> FormName   Required Variant. A string expression that's the valid name of a
> form in the current database. If you execute Visual Basic code containing the
> OpenForm method in a library database, Microsoft Access looks for the form
> with this name first in the library database, then in the current database.
>
> You're not passing the form name as a text string. You're passing a Form
> object.
>
> Try
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
>

>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Double check to make sure that the form name is exactly the same (that there
are not any extra spaces, etc.) by right-clicking on the form and selecting
RENAME and then copy the name and then paste it into your code.

--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"Ayo" wrote:

> I have this form with about 4  comand buttons on it but 1 of them is not
> working the way it should.
>
> Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
>   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>   DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
>   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>   DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
> End Sub
>
> cmdMainMenu_Click works fine but cmdChangeVendor_Click doesn't work.
> "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't open, nothing open. but when I run it
> using the Toggle Breakpoint everything works the way it should. The other
> thing is when I try to use this variation:
> Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
>   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>   DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
> End Sub
> I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
> when I know damn sure it does.
> Can any one tell me what is going on here?
>  Thanks
I did that already. But I will try it again.

"boblarson" wrote:

> Double check to make sure that the form name is exactly the same (that there
> are not any extra spaces, etc.) by right-clicking on the form and selecting
> RENAME and then copy the name and then paste it into your code.
>
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> __________________________________
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > I have this form with about 4  comand buttons on it but 1 of them is not
> > working the way it should.
> >
> > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
> > End Sub
> >
> > cmdMainMenu_Click works fine but cmdChangeVendor_Click doesn't work.
> > "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't open, nothing open. but when I run it
> > using the Toggle Breakpoint everything works the way it should. The other
> > thing is when I try to use this variation:
> > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
> > End Sub
> > I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
> > when I know damn sure it does.
> > Can any one tell me what is going on here?
> >  Thanks
I just tried it again. It worked one time only, and after that it stop
working again.

"boblarson" wrote:

> Double check to make sure that the form name is exactly the same (that there
> are not any extra spaces, etc.) by right-clicking on the form and selecting
> RENAME and then copy the name and then paste it into your code.
>
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> __________________________________
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > I have this form with about 4  comand buttons on it but 1 of them is not
> > working the way it should.
> >
> > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
> > End Sub
> >
> > cmdMainMenu_Click works fine but cmdChangeVendor_Click doesn't work.
> > "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't open, nothing open. but when I run it
> > using the Toggle Breakpoint everything works the way it should. The other
> > thing is when I try to use this variation:
> > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> >   DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
> > End Sub
> > I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
> > when I know damn sure it does.
> > Can any one tell me what is going on here?
> >  Thanks
Maybe you should just change the name of the form to something shorter and
without spaces:
Like frmSelVendorAndReviewer
and then open using that.

--

"Ayo" wrote:

> I just tried it again. It worked one time only, and after that it stop
> working again.
>
> "boblarson" wrote:
>
> > Double check to make sure that the form name is exactly the same (that there
> > are not any extra spaces, etc.) by right-clicking on the form and selecting
> > RENAME and then copy the name and then paste it into your code.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Larson
> > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > Utter Access VIP
> > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> > __________________________________
> >

> > "Ayo" wrote:
> >
> > > I have this form with about 4  comand buttons on it but 1 of them is not
> > > working the way it should.
> > >
> > > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> > >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> > >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Private Sub cmdMainMenu_Click()
> > >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> > >   DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > cmdMainMenu_Click works fine but cmdChangeVendor_Click doesn't work.
> > > "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't open, nothing open. but when I run it
> > > using the Toggle Breakpoint everything works the way it should. The other
> > > thing is when I try to use this variation:
> > > Private Sub cmdChangeVendor_Click()
> > >   DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
> > >   DoCmd.OpenForm Forms![Selection Vendor and Reviewer], acNormal
> > > End Sub
> > > I get an error saying that "Selection Vendor and Reviewer" doesn't exist
> > > when I know damn sure it does.
> > > Can any one tell me what is going on here?
> > >  Thanks
That didn't work. I found out that when I open the form by itself from the
database window, without opening use the other form, the button works fine.
It just don't work when I try to when I try to work things the way it was
design to.

"boblarson" wrote:

> Maybe you should just change the name of the form to something shorter and
> without spaces:
> Like frmSelVendorAndReviewer
> and then open using that.
>
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> __________________________________
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > I just tried it again. It worked one time only, and after that it stop
> > working again.
> >
> > "boblarson" wrote:
> >
> > > Double check to make sure that the form name is exactly the same (that there
> > > are not any extra spaces, etc.) by right-clicking on the form and selecting
> > > RENAME and then copy the name and then paste it into your code.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob Larson
> > > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > > Utter Access VIP
> > > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> > > __________________________________

You don't, by chance, have this form already opened as a subform in another
form do you?
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator
Utter Access VIP
Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
__________________________________

Building MFC application from the command line
I want to build a simple MFC application but I want to build it using the command line. I am attaching the src code below. As u can see it is a very simple MFC application. Got the code from Jeff Prosise's book. I am able to compile the file and generate the hello.obj file. I do not know which libraries to link to. Can someone please guide me with the complete link command to achieve this. Thanks and Regards, Vikash. Hello.cpp #include <afxwin.h> class CMyApp : public CWinApp { public: virtual BOOL InitInstance (); }; class CMainWindow : public CFrameWnd { public: CMainWin...

Money 2007
Hello, I have the following problem if someone can help me please: I'm starting to setup the budget but there are no % numbers on each budget group, just little square and illegible characters, is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help -- Cris ...

SMTP FROM: command syntax problem
HI. I have recently noticed that some e-mails are not delivered to external mail servers on the internet. On closer inspection I found that by using the syntax: mail from:email@domain.com mail from: email@domain.com AND mail from:<email@domain.com> does not work and you receive a "501 bad address syntax" error. When using "mail from: <email@domain.com>" I receive a "250 ok" message. My question is this: 1. How does exchange send mail, what is the exact syntax? 2. Can a settings change on exchange cause the format of the mail message to change? 3...

How convert Docmd.Domenuitem
I'm converting a 97 db to 2000. A form has a button that executes a Docmd.Domenuitem command. This is supposed to invoke Find and Replace. It does, but the subject is grayed out. I need the find to be based on the control where the cursor was when the button was pressed. Any ideas? Access help in 2000 does not even mention this command neither does my Access book. Maybe you need to do Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind or DoCmd.FindRecord On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:43:03 -0700, "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote: >I'm converti...

Working With Two Computers & Outlook
I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but am thinking about purchasing the Outlook 2003 upgrade. Sky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and > carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way > to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the > desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but > am think...

Is it true about DoCmd.SendObject
That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:u91TwlG3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? > > -- > Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob > MS Access 2007 accdb > Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 > > It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~) ...

"User must change password at next logon" not working in OWA
Hello. I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment and when we create a new AD account and check the option for "User must change password at next logon", users that access their account initally via OWA cannot log in. They do cannot log in. The standard OWA error is displayed: You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again. If the change password on first login is disabled, users can login in without any issues. The strange thing is that the Change Password function through OWA works, because afte...

Link Command Button
I have 27 Excel workbooks, each of which has a command button to run a program written in Cplus. I presently have this button on each workbook. If the program is changed I would have to go into 27 workbooks to update the program. Is there a way to "LINK" a command button to all 27 workbooks. My first thought is to open a new workbook with just the macro code and assign the command button for all 27 to this workbook. Will this work. Do you see any problems doing it this way or have any suggestions. Thanks Frank Does Cplus mean that it's an executable (*.exe)? Does ...

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

Help with "Form DoCmd.Open and DoCmd.Close
The following two lines of code is not operating correctly. Private Sub cmdChangeVendor1_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice by Market Reviewer" DoCmd.OpenForm "Selections Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal End Sub When I click on the cmdChangeVendor1 button, I expect the form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" to close and the form "Selections Vendor and Reviewer" to open. But that is not the result I get. The form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" closes but that is about it. Nothing else opens. I have two forms that behaves this way. I have ...

When I close a form with DoCmd.Close I get a parameter popup
This is a repost. I will try to explain the problem a little better than I did the last time. When I execute DoCmd.Close on one of my forms I get one of those little unknown parameter popups, the kind you get when there's something wrong with your query. But all I'm trying to do is close the form, not read any data. This popup appears to be gernerated by the row source query in a list box on the form. This row source query references another text box on the form and this appears to be what the popup is asking for. But there's a value in this text box. And why should th...

HELP!!! Exchange 5.5 Crashed, eseutil /r didn't work
I have a PowerEdge 2400 single PIII-733mhz, 1GB Ram running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5. The Exchange server is on Drive C, the Store & Logs are on Drive D: with rest of data. There is currently 6gbs Free space on Drive D: (I know, but we are migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2003 in 4 days) Yesterday at 4:41PM our PowerEdge Server Froze, I was already gone for the day. I came in today and noticed it. I did a reboot of the server and the MSExchangeIS, SA, MTA, DS didn't start. Event ID 5000 and 1120. I attempted ESEUTIL mh on pub and priv edb. Both show inc...

I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working
I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't go on to set up. Any ideas? In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>, Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook > 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set ...

Why is MS working on IE9 when IE8 is so bad?
New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit. Problems with IE8: 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working." No solution is ever found. 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I tried all of the solutions from the knowledge base with no luck. 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit until you click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a different color. Any ideas? Seawolf Did you format the HDD prior to this "fresh install?" Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer http://windows....

Query in code not working
I'm trying to do the following: Set rstQueryData = db.OpenRecordset("Select * from qryAllParticipants" & _ "Where DateRecieved >= #" & Me.txtBegin & "# and <= #" & Me.txtEnd & "#, dbOpenSnapshot") I have of course declared all the required variables. I never know where to put the #'s and the quotes etc. DateRecieved, txtbegin and end of course are date fields. aryAllParticipants has as it's criteria the two text boxes on a form and is an aggregate query with several Group by's and one Sum field. Al...

Working with weekdays
Hi, I am trying to add and subtract weekdays. Example I must schedule the delivery of the printer two days prior to the scheduled 7/10/2006 training date. High Level Formula: Training Date - 2 days lead time = delivery date What commands should I use to calculate the delivery date? Assuming you do not want to include weekends as delivery dates. =WORKDAY(A1,-2) Where your training date is in A1. You can also have this ignor holidays. List your holidays in a range say C1:C10. Your formul would then be, =WORKDAY(A2,-2,C1:C10) If you want holidays and weekends included then...

Print Command Button Quandary
I use Excel 2000. I have a worksheet that has 4 command buttons: ALL ORDERS OPEN ORDERS CLOSED ORDERS PRINT The 1st 3 buttons filter the worksheet as designed. My PRINT button will correctly print the filtered items ONLY - if I 1st select EITHER the OPEN ORDERS button or the CLOSED ORDERS button (and then press my Print command button). My problem occurs if the ALL ORDERS button has been selected followed by my PRINT command button. The problem is that every row prints out whether or not the row is blank. If I change the code for the event procedure for the PRINT button to exclude no bl...

Fresh install: Password no longer works
I recently fixed a computer with a failing harddrive. I was able to create an image and navigate but not get the restored image to boot to windows.... Long story short, after a fresh install of windows xp and Money 2004 (same version installed before), I copied the "My Documents" folder from the image to the new OS. That folder contained all the backups for Money. Now when Mr. Customer opens the backup file, his password will not work. I guess the reason for a question I am sure has already been answered.....I will be explaining how to fix it via e-mail to an unsavy individual...

Insert trigger not appearing to work for bulk insert with FIRE-TRIGGERS
I have an insert trigger that works just fine when I insert one row When I perfrom a bulk insert, the trigger only seems to work on the last row in the input file. What should the trigger be doing to process each row of the inserted data? Cheers Bob What's your trigger code look like? -- Thanks Michael Coles SQL Server MVP Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption" (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649) ---------------- "thing" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O4c4cSGeKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I ha...

docmd.runcmd SQL functions
I have a table with fields a,b,c,d. If I have a row (x) where x.d is blank, I want to search the table and see if there is a row (y) such that x.c=y.c and x.b=y.b and if y.d is not blank, then I want x.d to be filled in with y.d. I can't seem to figure out how to start this. Thanks Carl Frankly, you don't want to do this. You have an un-normalized data model and you are storing redundant data. If b and c determine d, then that should be stored *once* a record in its own table. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want ans...

Pasted formula doesn't work unless "re-initialized"
I'll apologize in advance if this has already been answered but I couldn't come up with a search phrase to find an answer. I have an existing worksheet which I have been using successfully for all of 2006 but now I want to add rows for 2007. Whether I copy and paste, or drag a formula down from the last existing row, the new cells display the value that was in the original cell rather than the new value that the formula in the new cell should rerturn. When I click on the cell to display the formula in the formula bar, the formula looks fine but if I select any portion of the ...

Forwarding rule not working
Hello! I have Outlook 2003 connecting to an SBS 2003 server. I have an Outlook rule (not client-only) set up to forward one particular email to my pager (mail from Vonage telling me I have a voice mail) and then move the mail to a "Vonage Voice Mail Alerts" folder I added under my Inbox. If I run the rule manually, the message gets moved, but I never get a message on my pager (tried it to my cell phone and it failed as well). If I manually forward one of the voice mail messages, it makes it to my pager and/or cell phone. What is the difference between manually forwarding it ...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

CRMAF does not work for report filtering
Hi. I am aware of the fact that CRMAF_ prefix is used to enable advanced find filter to custom reports. however, it does not work in one of our customers. I tried everything, but the same code runs in one of the reprts of another customer and does not run in this one I am gonna go crazy real soon Is there a requirement of SQL 2005 in order to make this prefix work? Erdem, As far as I know there's nothing special you need to set in CRM or in SQL for the auto-filter to work. Can you try creating a very simple report and publishing it in CRM? You can also check and Authentication be...

DoCmd.FindRecord Error
My code has a function to find a record. The function is called by 2 separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a table of record keys of all qualifying recs. When there is only 1 qualifying rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the qualifying rec. The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the argument for the FindRecord. When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly. When called by the second form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162: "A macro set to 1 of th...