Direct X installation

  • Follow

Please help.

I am attempting to install Corel Photo album 6 onto my Windows 2000 pro
system, however, as I try the installation, I receive a message that I need
to have Direct X v. 9 installed on my system.

However;  I have attempted many times now to install "Direct X" from
Microsoft's web site, but everytime I start the download I receive this
message:

"Set-up could not download the file. Please try later or check network
connection"

I have no problem with my network connection, and I have previously
downloaded Direct X v. 8 without problems.
Does anyone have any ideas, or have run into this problem before?

Thank you in advance,

Vince

0
Reply Vp 9/9/2007 2:07:34 PM

Your question may be  better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product.  Try:

microsoft.public.directx.graphics
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Free MS-Access downloads:

"Vp" <vinval@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Please help.
>
> I am attempting to install Corel Photo album 6 onto my Windows 2000 pro
> system, however, as I try the installation, I receive a message that I
> need
> to have Direct X v. 9 installed on my system.
>
> However;  I have attempted many times now to install "Direct X" from
> Microsoft's web site, but everytime I start the download I receive this
> message:
>
> "Set-up could not download the file. Please try later or check network
> connection"
>
> I have no problem with my network connection, and I have previously
> downloaded Direct X v. 8 without problems.
> Does anyone have any ideas, or have run into this problem before?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Vince

0
Reply Arvin 9/9/2007 2:30:24 PM