DateAdd Function Return Range of Records?

I have a weekly report that pulls out total number of orders from the
previous week using the DateAdd function:

=Sum(IIf(((([Date_Requested]) Between DateAdd("d",-7,Date()) And
Date())),1,0))

I would like to add to my report a list of the total orders that were
ordered two weeks ago through one week ago.  I think it should look something
like this:

=Sum(IIf(((([Date_Requested]) Between DateAdd("d",-14,Date()) And
DateAdd("d",-7))),1,0))

but unfortunately I am getting a message telling me I entered a function
containing the wrong number of arguments.

Any suggestions?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I think I figured it out as this appears to give me what I want:

=Sum(IIf(((([Date_Requested]) Between DateAdd("d",-14,Date()) And
DateAdd("d",-7,Date()))),1,0))

"Matt" wrote:

> I have a weekly report that pulls out total number of orders from the
> previous week using the DateAdd function:
>
> =Sum(IIf(((([Date_Requested]) Between DateAdd("d",-7,Date()) And
> Date())),1,0))
>
> I would like to add to my report a list of the total orders that were
> ordered two weeks ago through one week ago.  I think it should look something
> like this:
>
> =Sum(IIf(((([Date_Requested]) Between DateAdd("d",-14,Date()) And
> DateAdd("d",-7))),1,0))
>
> but unfortunately I am getting a message telling me I entered a function
> containing the wrong number of arguments.
>
> Any suggestions?

Help with Function: Between Time
Hi, Why this function is not working? If a time follows between 12AM and 3PM it should show Day shift, anything else Night Shift If Time > #12:01:00 AM# < #3:00:00 PM# Then MsgBox "DAY SHIFT" Else MsgBox "NIGTH SHIFT" End If If Time > #12:01:00 AM# AND Time < #3:00:00 PM# Then MsgBox "DAY SHIFT" Else MsgBox "NIGTH SHIFT" End If Note that you need to repeat the entire comparison. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Bre-...

SUMIF function?
I'm tring to get excel to do a conditional sum based on the following. I have two columns, the first containing a reference number, and th second an ammount which is either positive or negative. In another sheet I have the reference number and beside it i want cell to calculte the sum of all the sells with that ref number and tha contain a positive amount, see the example below. Ref # Ammount 1 -5.15 1 6.00 1 -3,50 2 2.20 2 -3.40 2 2.40 3 6.40 3 -7.20 3 -1.80 SO then on another sheet i have Ref Positive Total Negativ...

How to get add-in functions to show up in function list?
I managed to create an add-in (test.xlam) and get in installed. It has one function: Function myarea(length As Variant, width As Variant) myarea = length * width End Function If I enter "=myarea(3,4)" in a cell, I get 12. What I don't get is prompted with the name of the function. If I type "=m", I am offered choices from Match to Multinomial, but not MyArea. Can I get my add-in functions listed and then, once selected, promted for the arguments? Which version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2007 you get user defined functiona listed as well as the bui...

Copy Functionality Lost
Up until a day or two ago, I could select a cell to copy, paste it into another cell and the original copied cell would remain available to be copied again (it would be highlighted with the dotted border). Now, after one paste the copy cell reverts to normal, and I have to re-select it to copy into another location. I know I can use CTRL or SHIFT, but I find the retention of the copy ability useful. This is a networked office PC and imagine I might have to ask our IT Dept (as Administrator) to do something. Any ideas appreciated, thanks If you paste by pressing Enter you'll exit ...

How do I throw in an ISERROR function on a complicated VVLOOKUP?
Hi, I have a working VLOOKUP below. Of course the desitination cell says #N/A until I put something in A6. I tried ISERROR but it says too many arguments. Did I do this wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks. =IF(VLOOKUP(A6,CSM,8)="X","X",IF(VLOOKUP(A6,NPM,8)="X","X",IF(VLOOKUP(A6,PM,8)="X","X"," "))) How about =if(a6="", "",formula or a6=0 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "KenRamoska" <KenRamoska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4469806-8831-4631-B74D-687...

Password Change Functionality in Exchange 2003
We have an Exchange 2003 server (single server) running on W2K3 SP1 w/ OWA configured. Everything works well/ SSL is enabled. I followed the instructions described in KB Article 297121. The Change Password button is present and when clicked, a pop-up appears: "Internet Service Manager for Internet Information Server 6.0" Five fields are listed: Domain, Account, old Password, New Password, Confirm New Password....after filling in the fields and clicking on OK, I get "Error number: 5" Even if I leave all the fields blank, same error. I did notice when I logged on dire...

Merging ntext fields removes carrage returns, additional spaces and line breaks CRM 3.0 and 4.0
We have been dealing with this issue for a long time and are still exhibiting the issue in CRM 4.0. When merging some description fields (ntext) from our case records all the line feeds, carriage returns, extra spaces (more than a single space in a row) are removed and the field is merged as one paragraph of text. Can anyone explain why this occurs and how to fix it? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com I would try test merging two lead records, both description fields (ntext) with carriage returns (enter these values from the CRM UI only). Pick the oth...

between date and dateadd query
Hi all, I have just noticed that when i use the following query it is showing all results and disregarding the date. I am 99% sure this worked in the past and have not edited the query. The only thing that has changed is that we are now in the year 2008. I use the following, Between Date() And DateAdd("d",[Enter Number of Days to Expiration],Date()) Or >Now() This lets me enter a number and the report returns records thatare due within todays date plus the number of days i type in. I am sure this worked until the year actually changed to 2008, is this possible? any help app...

DateAdd question
I posted this on the wrong group. Reposting for better result. Thanks. ------------ Im trying to get all the files with any time posted 3 hours earlier than the current time. I'm using the DateAdd but it does not return files DateAdd("h", -3, Date) So if Date = 06/28/07 04:50pm I want the code to return any files dated on or before 06/28/07 01:50pm but for some reason the DateAdd above does not return any files. even if I have files dated befire 06/28/07 04:50 ref: .PropertyTests.Add Name:="Last Modified", _ Condition:=msoConditionO...

Calling EXE function(Getting address of EXE function)
Hello All I am able to call the function exported by Exe from a dll file im getting the address of the function but whille calling that function im getting access violation Error as bellow my code Function Exported by EXE void __declspec(dllexport) ExeFn() { MessageBox(NULL,"hi","From Exe",MB_OK); } Function call from Dll HMODULE hModule; LPTSTR modname; hModule=GetModuleHandle("Placeholder.exe"); if (hModule == NULL) { hModule=(HMODULE)LoadLibrary ("Placeholder.exe"); } FnPtrT FnPtr = (FnPtrT)::GetProcAddress((HMODULE)hModule, "...

Number records in a query
Hi everyone - I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem that I am having. I have a table that contains customer account information, basically what securities they own. I am trying to create a query that will number (from 1 to n) the records belonging to each account number, basically giving me the following: (New Field) Account # Security Number 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 3 2 1 ...

Install add-in with user defined functions 02-14-08
Hi, Looking for an easy way to make user defined functions available for any mdb to open in Access 2003. I thought: create and mda, write VBA code and use Tools - Add-in Manager. That doesn't work because of a USysRegInfo table ...? Do I realy have to go through that 'misery' or is a simpler way? Many thanks, Frans -- Mvg, Frans www.fhvzelm.com ...

Issue with PROPER function
Hi there, I have the following problem: I am attempting to clean up some addresses using the PROPER function. This works really well until I come to PO Box numbers. My problem is that this makes PO Po. I also have entries such as P O Any suggestions on how I can do the following: Make the rest of the address proper and not the PO part and also cater for keeping P O as is. Thanks Provide some Addresses as Sample. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Mustang" wrote: > Hi there, > > I have the following problem: ...

Programming "Yield" function in Access
Hi, I've been looking for a way to program/calculate "yield" function in Microsoft Access. Finnaly I found a procedure on one of usenet groups. This procedure was created by Mirna Larson back in 2004. Looks like everything should work and this is exactly what I need. However I’m getting “User defined type” error. I tried to use references to different libraries – same error. I’m not an advanced Access VBA user. Basically I created a button on a form and inserted the code thinking that if this works I should be able to customize this later. Probably I needed to do ...

Calculating turaround time using IF function
I'm just learning to use the IF function, and it is not calculating correctly, so am looking for help. I'm using Excel 2000. For my spreadsheet, if a document is made available after 1700 hours or before 0700 hours the following day, I want it to calculate the turnaround time for those reports to begin at 0700 hours; otherwise calculate the remainder of the reports from the time the report became available to completion. Here's the IF statement I'm attempting to use with little success. E=Time report available I=Finish time =IF(OR(E>"17:00:00",E&l...

Disable COPY function
Does anyone know how can I avoid/restrict people Copying-n- pasting data from my excel spread-sheet. I am trying to lock down an excel spread-sheet to "Read Only" - in its true sense and dis-allow even copying data from this sheet to any other. Basically I want to turn off the COPY function. Secondly, if a person saves this sheet locally under another file name, how would I still disallow the COPY function. Is there any VBA module (which I can later password protect) which takes care of this. I do not have admin rights to set folder/file server permissions and the hiararch...

VBA needed to delete corrupt records from MsysObjects
I have a form that will not open in normal or design mode and there are 2 Form_~TMPCLP######## objects in my VBA Project window, and there are 2 Objects with the same name in the MsysObjects table of type 32678 which means they are forms. I expect that if I am able to delete these I might be able to salvage my form. However, Nothing I have tried allows me to delete anything from MsysObjects. OH there is one other issue, Not able to run any code from the data base with that form in it. I get a message that the module can't be found... Nothing specific. So I have been ...

How to call a non static function from a static function
Hi I need to go to a non static function from a static function?can anybody suggest me how to do it?any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. You need to pass the object whose function you want to call. static void s_foo( A* a ); class A{ public: A(); ~A(); void funcA(); }; main() { ... A a; s_foo(&a); } static void s_foo( A* a ) { a->funcA(); } -Seetharam ...

sum function 04-18-10
Hi, How can I sum the numbers in a column in Excel where some numbers carry a "<" sign in front of them (such as <1) and I want to include numbers such "<1" in calculation as "1". For Example if numbers are entered as follows 0.5 <1 0.5 I would like to value to be returned as "2" when I apply "sum" function. Thanks =SUM(IF(LEFT(A2:A4)="<",--RIGHT(A2:A4,LEN(A2:A4)-1),A2:A4)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter). -- David Biddulph "Vijay Dhawan" <Vijay Dhawan@discussions...

Update cell based on date range
Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this woul be a better place for this question. I was wondering if I could ge some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value o another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value fo that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone giv me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!! -- deversol -----------------------------------------------------...

Recording a spin-off in MS Money 2007 de luxe
When I try to record a spin-off using the function that purports to do that, in the investment account Money "removes" the parent shares then "adds" back the parent shares with their assigned basis and the spun-off shares with their share of the basis. All well and good, if a little bit clunky (my guess is that the new holdings will be deemed to be acquired on the spin-off date rather than the original acquisition date). But here's my problem. For some reason Money seems to think that it should also decrement the associated cash account by the amount of the cos...

function
The function is as follows: =IF(SMALL(C6:V6,2)="#NUM!","",SMALL(C6:V6,2)) Explanation Purpose: Try to compare a series of numbers, finding out the second smallest number. If: The answer is error (ie #NUM!) since there is no number in the row Then: show nothing (ie "") Else: show the answer as usual ** Problem ** However this function doesn't work. When there is an error, it will show as #NUM! instead of nothing (ie ""). How to solve? Thanks. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP maybe: =IF(ISERROR(...

Opening a form and subform to a specific record
I am using the time and billing database and I would like to be able to open an employee timesheet data form only for a specific person. I would like for an employee to only be able to view their time card and not others how can I do that. Use the WhereCondition argument of the OpenForm command. What Time and Billing db? LT AREA wrote: >I am using the time and billing database and I would like to be able to open >an employee timesheet data form only for a specific person. I would like for >an employee to only be able to view their time card and not others how can I >do t...

CRM Functionality does not appear in Outlook
Hi all... Hope someone can help here - I am a non-technie looking after the install of CRM for a small sales organisation. I have succesfully installed the outlook client on all laptops but on 1 desktop I am getting a problem. I have installed all pre-requisites and passed all pre-install checks, and the installation appears to go smoothly. However, the additional functionality does not appear in outlook. No error codes are generated so I can't be more specific than this I'm afraid, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Holmesy in outlook go to tools options..then get t...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...