Database is so "Heavy"

Follow
Email
Dear all,

In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and
to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy".

I know that I can access Tools =3D=3D> compact and repair database, then
the database stay with your correct measured.

Is there any way to do this in vba code?

Thanks a lot!!!

Andr=E9.

0
Reply gatarossi 9/18/2007 10:09:30 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

You could do this from an OnClick - something like

Private Sub ButtonName_Click()
Dim strDBtoBackUp As String
strDBtoBackUp = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\DBName.mdb"
DBEngine.CompactDatabase strDBtoBackUp
End Sub

change the path to what it is.

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"gatarossi@ig.com.br" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and
> to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy".
>
> I know that I can access Tools ==> compact and repair database, then
> the database stay with your correct measured.
>
> Is there any way to do this in vba code?
>
> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> André.

0
Reply Utf 9/18/2007 10:24:01 AM
Just note that you cannot do this to the database in which the code is
running.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> You could do this from an OnClick - something like
>

> Private Sub ButtonName_Click()
> Dim strDBtoBackUp As String
> strDBtoBackUp = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\DBName.mdb"
> DBEngine.CompactDatabase strDBtoBackUp
> End Sub
>

> change the path to what it is.
>

> --
> Wayne
> Manchester, England.
>

> "gatarossi@ig.com.br" wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and
>> to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy".
>>
>> I know that I can access Tools ==> compact and repair database, then
>> the database stay with your correct measured.
>>
>> Is there any way to do this in vba code?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!!!
>>
>> Andr´┐Ż.

0
Reply Douglas 9/18/2007 11:21:05 AM
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 03:09:30 -0700, gatarossi@ig.com.br wrote:

>In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and
>to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy".

Do you have a large number of queries ("consults" is not a good translation!)
because you have different criteria in each query? If so, consider using
Parameter Queries. Rather than a query "qryJune" with criteria

BETWEEN #6/1/2007# AND #6/30/2007#

and similar queries for July, August and so on, you can use ONE query with a
criterion

BETWEEN [Forms]![FormName]![txtStart] AND [Forms]![FormName]![txtEnd]

and similarly for many other queries.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 9/18/2007 6:35:02 PM
hi
How I can solution this problem plz
thanks
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 03:09:30 -0700, gatarossi@ig.com.br wrote:
>
>>In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and
>>to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy".
>
> Do you have a large number of queries ("consults" is not a good
> translation!)
> because you have different criteria in each query? If so, consider using
> Parameter Queries. Rather than a query "qryJune" with criteria
>
> BETWEEN #6/1/2007# AND #6/30/2007#
>
> and similar queries for July, August and so on, you can use ONE query with
> criterion
>
> BETWEEN [Forms]![FormName]![txtStart] AND [Forms]![FormName]![txtEnd]
>
> and similarly for many other queries.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Reply sora 9/20/2007 7:14:08 AM
Follow
Email

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Heavy Lines
Is there a way of making some of the vertical (dividing letters) and horizontal ( dividing numbers) lines appear heavier (darker) than the others to accentuate group divisions? Hi Select the range where you want the accentuation. Format>Cells>Border>Select thick line from top right pane>Click on whichever part of the cell you want - Left to make it down the left border, right for right border etc. -- Regards Roger Govier "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message news:OtPZpitbHHA.4616@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way of making some of th...

Heavy Volume Asynchronous Web Service Calls
Does any one know if there is a limit of Web service calls that are queued. I have many threads sending a Asynchronous Web Requests, and it seems that if I dont process them fast enough I loose messages. I cannot find anything that mentions an input buffer that stores the results. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Heavy Equipment Companies
Does anyone know of any heavy equipment construction companies who are using MSGP? I have heard of Wennsoft but was want to know if there were any other equipment maintenance options. I work with one but they developed their own .Net-based system that connects to GP using eConnect. -- Charles Allen, MVP "RHonaker" wrote: > Does anyone know of any heavy equipment construction companies who are using > MSGP? I have heard of Wennsoft but was want to know if there were any other > equipment maintenance options. ...

Database is so "Heavy"
Dear all, In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy". I know that I can access Tools =3D=3D> compact and repair database, then the database stay with your correct measured. Is there any way to do this in vba code? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Hi You could do this from an OnClick - something like Private Sub ButtonName_Click() Dim strDBtoBackUp As String strDBtoBackUp = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\DBName.mdb" DBEngine.CompactDatabase strDBtoBackUp End Sub ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Top heavy fractions
I need a way of preventing Excel (2002 on Windows XP) from changing top heavy fractions (as in 6/4) to "normal" fractions (as in 1 1/2). We have three columns of fractions which need to be entered as "top heavy" and then a fourth column which is a calculation of the first three. As we have to perform a calculation on the fourth column we can not format the other columns as text (to prevent the changing from "6/4" to "1 1/2"). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. This might help a little: Format the columns to ###/### FROM FORMAT->SPECIAL...

3/4 in. Dr. Heavy Duty Impact Wrench
Price:$712.44 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B000GPV292 Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000GPV292 Features and Benefits: Differential regulator allows the operator to match the required power to the jobImproved oil bath DYNA-PACT clutch delivers higher performance and extended durabilityHandle exhaust directs air away from the work piece and operatorIntegral 3600 air inlet swivel keeps air hose from being twisted and kinkedTeasing throttle design for precise controlLength: 10.75 in.Weight: 10.92 lb.Applications: assembly and maintenance of buses, t...

MSCRM heavy on log files?
Hi: I heard that MSCRM needs a lot of disk space due to log files that are generated. ARe these the sql log files or the windows system log files? What's the best place (disk) to put these for optimum performance? Thanks, Do It is because of the volume of transactions going through CRM, what you could do is just do regulare log file backups, like every hour that should sort out the big log file problem. Depending at the amount of resources you have, and how many raid controlers/disk you can throw at the problem. Or if the data does not change very often, you can set the recove...

Backup Strategies for heavy outlook users?
I'm looking at an Internet backup service for someone who hs GB+ PST files and lives inside Outlook2003. Gettting files off-site is a big plus for him. He has residential broadband and his uplink speed is about 400kbps At that rate, uploading a PST file will take hours. Suggestions? -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001 If the user is using a single pst, or mutiply pst's that they access frequently then there is no option but to backup the entire pst(s) since they will be flagged as modified every night so requ...

Heavy CRM customisation
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to where to start with heavy customisation of CRM 1.2. By This I mean I want to change some of the CRM menus, edit some of the existing forms and point them to new places in the SQL database. Create my own new sections which use newley created rules and other sorts of technical stuff like that. I've got a great knowledge of the setup and config of CRM as far as it goes "out of the box" but when it comes to creating new things in it I'm not sure where to start. It's probbably worth mentioning that I'm an MCT and ha...

It is with a heavy heart that I scrap skins
I decided today to scrap the skinning in my app. It's just too much of a pain to maintain/modify the skinning side without a detailed manual to the reams and reams of code that it comprises. I've quickly built an .exe version without the skins and it looks okay on XP. Not as nice as with the skins, but much nicer than on Windows 98. One thing that decided me was that I wanted to disable the File and Tools menu during Playback of the MIDI file, but the menus still stayed enabled as long as the skins were implemented! I searched high and low through said reams of source code...

Outlook; a heavy resource comsumer?
Greetings, I am using Outlook 2002 as a part of Office XP on a W98se OS, P4 2gig processor, 640 Mb Sdram, 40 gig HDD. I have made fast find, and Ctfmon "unavailable" as well as disabling MO Search. Never the less, resources drop to a ridiculously low 50% system, 50% user, 68% GDI when the PC has been running for but a short time. Background programs/startup programs are but few (AVG AV, printray stuff, vol control, firewall in Systray) and resources are released readily with OE6 and almost any other program, or when "refreshed". But Outlook 2002, that's another story a...

How to Delete too heavy outgoing mail?
I attached a 93MB MP3 file to an e-mail. Click on SEND and it is stuck. I cannot Delete, cannot Stop, cannot Move to another file, and cannot send any other e-mail. Please tell me how to erase that file so my Outlook will work fine. There are several methods you can use: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Fergon" <Fergon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76EAC216-C332-4D00-92F9-6CDF636D1A92@microsoft.com... > I attached a 93MB MP3 file to an e-mail. Click on SEND and it is stuck. I > cannot Delete, cannot Stop, ca...

Heavy Hands 5 Lb Add On Weights
Price:$29.99 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000LH757I Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000LH757I Product is just what I wanted, and it works fine on my handles. I am enjoying useing it as part of my exercise program. TMT I like how easily the weights unscrew and the new weight can be added. They are very comfortable on my hands. SHIPPING INCLUDED Each end weight set contains four add-on weights (two pair) to be added to 1-lb. Heavyhands® handles. By purchasing additional add-on weights seperately you can create various increments of weight. He...

Interrupt heavy processing within a function when ESC is pressed
I have a problem. In my application, a user can trigger a heavy computation of various properties from a dialog window that also shows the progress with a CProgressCtrl. I do not know how to stop the processing if the user decides that the process takes too long. I have a PreTranslateMessage function that checks for ESC key, but it is useless. No matter how many times I press ESC during the computations, the PreTranslateMessage is not called until the computations are complete. Putting Sleep() inside the computations doesn't help. The whole Process sleeps and PreTranslateMessage is not c...

CPU heavy load since Exc2003 SP2 upgrade
We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the CPU usage is now at a constant 65-80%. Are there any further patches? or is this normal. Regards carl On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:28:33 -0600, "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote: >We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the CPU >usage is now at a constant 65-80%. >Are there any further patches? or is this normal. > >Regards > >carl > > What 3rd party software is installed on the Exch Server? The only other program is Goldmine and Goldmine integr...

Finesse in using Outlook Mail Features for Heavy Email Volume
Help- A long-time user of Outlook, I am now in a job that requires me to handle lots of volume into two different MS Exchange Accounts, and review two additional accounts. I was limping along using standard organizing techniques (i.e. personal folders and archiving), but am nearing a meltdown. I'm guessing that I have nearly 8,000 email scattered into different personal folders. I'm finding it cumbersome to deal with anymore. I am looking for some suggestions for efficiently organizing my messages, that will keep my system from crashing (which I feel is just around the corner), y...

Jorgensen 7248 48-Inch Heavy-Duty Steel I-Bar Clamp
Price:$51.78 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0000224CI Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000224CI These are the clamps to use for large countertop glue ups, full size interior/exterior doors etc. They help keep large projects flat when aplied one under, one over. These are not for light work such as cabinet doors...they are too strong, too heavy and too expensive. But for big work with sprung joints these are the ultimate weapon. There are no stronger clamps. Pipe clamps bend, aluminum knockoffs twist...these dont give up. They will serve you...

Ingersoll-Rand 7803RA Heavy Duty 1/2-Inch Reversible Pnuematic Drill
Price:$315.36 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00004XOT2 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00004XOT2 This Ingersoll Rand reversible air drill features a lightweight, compact aluminum housing and reversible motor with quick-release lever. Variable-speed trigger for precise speed control. Chuck Size (in.): 1/2, Keyless Chuck: No, Air Consumption (CFM): 4, Speed (RPM): 500, Air Inlet Size (in.): 1/4, Min. Hose Size (in.): 3/8, Variable Speed: Yes, Reversible: Yes, Side Handle: No ACCESSORIES: Milwaukee 49-22-0130 Contractor's Kit 7 Bit 1-Inch...

CButton derived class unable to take away the heavy black border(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) from another button(CButton)
I have 4 buttons on a dialog insert, delete, ok, cancel. The ok button is the default button. Three of the buttons(delete,ok,cancel) are normal CButton and the remaining one(insert) is DerCButton which is a derived class from CButton. When tabbing from one button to another i notice that when the focus moves to insert button the heavy black border (BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON style) is set on the ok button (default button). When the delete button gets focus the ok button is no more highlighted. How can i ensure that the ok button is not highlighted when insert button gets focus?. The insert button class ...

Klein 602-6-INS 6-Inch Insulated Keystone-Tip ¿ Heavy-Duty Round-Shank Screwdriver
Price:$27.16 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PC5V7U Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PC5V7U I love this screwdriver because working around electrical outlets and what not can be a little scary sometimes. The risk of getting shocked is high and that's never good. But with this screwdriver those worries and risks are taken away! Thank you Klein! Heavy Duty Keystone Tip Insulated Screwdriver, Tip Size 5/16 Inches, Shank Length 6 Inches, Shank Shape Round, Cushion Grip SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Klein 603-4-INS Insulated No.2 Phillips Tip Scr...