Creating Database for Invoices

  • Follow

How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.

I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for access
to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
form to be printed and saved.

If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
create this database for my job.

Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 5/13/2010 5:50:04 PM

All depends on what you want to do: editing your own invoices or keeping
track of the invoices you receive.
In case of creating your own invoices, this wil depends on the local
(eventually legal) "needs".
Some indications: begin with creating some tables: one for your
customers/furnishers, one with current tax-levels, one products-table, one
with details of your "sales" (productnumber, quantity, ....) and decide what
kind of information you need at the end.
The lay-out of your invoice is only the final work.

You can find some indication the example NorthWind dbase which comes with
Access

Cram

--
cram

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" wrote:

> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 5/13/2010 6:11:01 PM

I have two CRM templates that both do Invoicing.  I do charge a small fee
for the source code.
The 2007 version is a much simpler design overall, but on the Invoicing they
work pretty close to the same.

You could download the demo and steal the tables if you are not interested
in the code.

I designed the Invoice functionality to be similar to how Quicken does
Invoices.

Might help you out,
Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com
http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2B4242B1-6A97-4F2F-AC71-E0E10F94EC3A@microsoft.com...
> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
> access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!

0
Reply Mark 5/13/2010 8:59:43 PM

What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although it's
not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet another
Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates for a lot of
similar applications. Look here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
here for 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx

Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265

hth

George

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2B4242B1-6A97-4F2F-AC71-E0E10F94EC3A@microsoft.com...
> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
> access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!

0
Reply GP 5/15/2010 12:37:29 AM

"GP George" <george_hepworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although
> it's not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet
> another Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates
> for a lot of similar applications. Look here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
> here for 2007:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265
>
> hth
>
> George
>
> "AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
>> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>>
>> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
>> access
>> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on
>> form to be printed and saved.
>>
>> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
>> create this database for my job.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Reply Gregory 5/15/2010 3:20:59 PM

"GP George" <george_hepworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although
> it's not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet
> another Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates
> for a lot of similar applications. Look here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
> here for 2007:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265
>
> hth
>
> George
>
> "AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
>> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>>
>> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
>> access
>> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on
>> form to be printed and saved.
>>
>> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
>> create this database for my job.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Reply Gregory 5/15/2010 3:21:58 PM