Creating Database for Invoices

How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.

I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for access
to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
form to be printed and saved.

If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
create this database for my job.

Thanks!
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

All depends on what you want to do: editing your own invoices or keeping
track of the invoices you receive.
In case of creating your own invoices, this wil depends on the local
(eventually legal) "needs".
Some indications: begin with creating some tables: one for your
customers/furnishers, one with current tax-levels, one products-table, one
with details of your "sales" (productnumber, quantity, ....) and decide what
kind of information you need at the end.
The lay-out of your invoice is only the final work.

You can find some indication the example NorthWind dbase which comes with
Access

Cram

--
cram

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" wrote:

> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!
-1
I have two CRM templates that both do Invoicing.  I do charge a small fee
for the source code.
The 2007 version is a much simpler design overall, but on the Invoicing they
work pretty close to the same.

You could download the demo and steal the tables if you are not interested
in the code.

I designed the Invoice functionality to be similar to how Quicken does
Invoices.

Might help you out,
Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com
http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2B4242B1-6A97-4F2F-AC71-E0E10F94EC3A@microsoft.com...
> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
> access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!

0
Mark
5/13/2010 8:59:43 PM
What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although it's
not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet another
Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates for a lot of
similar applications. Look here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
here for 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx

Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265

hth

George

"AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2B4242B1-6A97-4F2F-AC71-E0E10F94EC3A@microsoft.com...
> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>
> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
> access
> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on a
> form to be printed and saved.
>
> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
> create this database for my job.
>
> Thanks!

0
GP
5/15/2010 12:37:29 AM

"GP George" <george_hepworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although
> it's not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet
> another Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates
> for a lot of similar applications. Look here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
> here for 2007:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265
>
> hth
>
> George
>
> "AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
>> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>>
>> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
>> access
>> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on
>> form to be printed and saved.
>>
>> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
>> create this database for my job.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Gregory
5/15/2010 3:20:59 PM

"GP George" <george_hepworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What you are probably looking for is called "QuickBooks" and, although
> it's not free, it is very inexpensive compared to trying to build yet
> another Access-based application from scratch. MS also offers templates
> for a lot of similar applications. Look here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012341591033.aspx for 2003 and
> here for 2007:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> Also, the Northwind sample database is a pretty good place to start.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824265
>
> hth
>
> George
>
> "AccessUserNeedingHelp" <AccessUserNeedingHelp@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> How do I create a database for the use of invoices? I'm not sure how to
>> start. Step by step would be good or at least a brief overview.
>>
>> I am trying to basically enter information in for an invoice and for
>> access
>> to save the customer information on a table and to record the invoice on
>> form to be printed and saved.
>>
>> If anyone has a clue what to do, help is greatly appreciated! I need to
>> create this database for my job.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Gregory

create a roster

Database Engine Tuning Advisor and autocomplete
Hello there, in the never ending quest for better GP performance, I am onto indexes. I am convinced that there are additional indexes that can improve GP in real life situations, but have been unable to find anyone listing indexes they have used. So my question is, has anyone used the tuning advisor in sql server 05 and implemented its reccomendations? Were there noticable effects on GP performance? While I can run a trace against production and the advisor against a dev environment, I am still wary of implementing the changes in production... On a side question, where are the actu...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Exchange Database Recovery
Hello, We are a small business with one Exchange 2003 Server. The hard disk died on the server the other day and we couldn't boot. I put in a new disk and reloaded Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Thankfully, several of us were using Outlook 2003 with Cached Mode, so we simply backed our email up and reloaded it into the newly restored Exchange. However, one user with several years worth of critical email didn't have Cached Mode turned on for some reason, so I'm trying to restore his email. I was able to connect the damaged hard disk and copy the Exchange database fol...

How to create pie chart with %

Printing Invoices in HQ
At the store level we print off 2 copies of invoices. At the HQ level we are trying to re-print those invoices, but only 1 copy. The only way that we can come up with is to change it to one copy in the preferences of the printer. I was wondering if there is any easier way to do this. Thanks, Brad ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

emailing invoices #3
My customer has a requirement to email invoices. It would be great if a whole batch could be emailed at the same time in a pdf format. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Reducing the Database
I hope someone can verify this for me as I read it and cant find the original source again. I had a user with a mailbox size of 1g. I have deleted every item in his mailbox, with the exception of a few emails (no attachment) and expect his mailbox size to be well under 50 mb. I have did not perform an offline defrag on this mail server, but rather moved the user to a new mail server. Should his current mailbox size now reflect 50 mb or will it show 1g as it did on the other server? Thanks Ken Depends :-) What is your Deleted Items Retention policy? If you deleted everything yesterda...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Database hanging up
I'm trying to delve into a database that was originally developed in earlier versions of Access, and now has been converted to Access 2007. All I'm doing right now is looking at objects and documenting them, but I'm finding frequent occurrences of the database hanging up (sometimes) when I open the query window for a form's record source, view it in SQL view, then close SQL view then try to close the query window. Any ideas on this wierdity? -- Carolyn Kay Chicago, IL I had a similar problem with a couple of Queries and Forms. I opened them in Design Vi...