Cannot create MDE files

I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
Does anyone have any suggestions please.
Alex

--------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Paradigm
1/24/2010 4:45:14 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

this survice sucks

"Paradigm" <alecjames1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS
> Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or
> create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation
> on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are
> no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb
> files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Victoria
1/24/2010 8:24:03 PM
Victoria,

Please stop adding replies that read "this survice suck", to a newsgroup
intended for questions and answers related to the Microsoft Access database
software. This newsgroup is not intended for general chit chat. It is for
Microsoft Access related discussions only.

Oh, and you misspelled "service".

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

I have not had a reply to this and it is really bugging me. I can copy
an mdb file to other folders e.g. desktop, root of C, c:\temp, and I can
make an mde file BUT if I copy all my mdb files to another folder or
rename the existing folder access crashes as soon as Make mde file is
selected.
Alex
0
Paradigm
2/5/2010 4:51:08 PM
On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.
0
Paradigm
2/25/2010 11:39:54 AM
That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows XP
Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no such
problem.

Rob

Paradigm wrote:
> On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
>> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7,
>> MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and
>> repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The
>> same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules
>> complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried
>> decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions please.     Alex
>>

>> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
>> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-
>>
> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.

0
Rob
2/25/2010 11:15:07 PM
On 25/02/2010 23:15, Rob Parker wrote:
> That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows XP
> Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no such
> problem.
>
> Rob
>

> Paradigm wrote:
>> On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
>>> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7,
>>> MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and
>>> repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The
>>> same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules
>>> complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried
>>> decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions please.     Alex
>>>

>>> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
>>> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>>> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-
>>>
>> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
>> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
>> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.

I did not have a problem until recently. My colleagues think it was a
combination of Windows 7 and an MS Office security update. I generally
have many bmp files with the same name as the mdb files to avoid the
generic Access splash screen when loading the app.
0
Paradigm
3/2/2010 4:31:49 PM
> On 25/02/2010 23:15, Rob Parker wrote:
>> That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows
>> XP
>> Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no
>> such
>> problem.
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> Paradigm wrote:

>>> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
>>> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
>>> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.
>>

> I did not have a problem until recently. My colleagues think it was a
> combination of Windows 7 and an MS Office security update. I generally
> have many bmp files with the same name as the mdb files to avoid the
> generic Access splash screen when loading the app.

0
De

create a roster

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Task Create - Status

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

XLS file assocation issue
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. I wouldn't work with the associations to start. Instead, I'd let excel try to do it for me. Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserve...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

can't open this item with password protected files
Hello, I can't open an email in Outlook 2003 with an attachement that is password-protected. The email is placed in the folder Server failures and if I try to open it, I get the following message : Can't open this item. The operation failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance. Raimond Does it work when you save the attachment first? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Raimond van der Meer" <raimond_cdmi@hotmai...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

the rc editor changes some contents without my consent when .rc files saved
Hi, My colleagues and I are using VS 2005. After I make some minor changes to a .rc file (obtained from my colleagues) and save it, the compiler greatly changes the .rc in addition to my minor changes. For example, the following 2 lines IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU become IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU Or the following 2 lines become one line: COMBOBOX IDC_POSTDLG_COMBO_UNITS,165,5,49,49,CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_VSCROLL | WS...

file locked
when trying to open my EXCEL file, I receive the message: "filename" locked for editing by "myname" It seems, that I was editing this file, while ?? my computer crashed ?? And since then the file is locked. Fortunately, I can continue to work with a copy of the file. Nevertheless, could you please tell me, what I have to do in order to delete this locked file? I am running Windows 2000 and Excel 2002. thanks, and best regards Burk Go clear out your temp files in C:\Windows\Temp. When you open a file in Excel, it creates a copy of that file and stores it as ...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

"Ask always before opening this file type" cannot be unchecked
Windows Vista Ultimate, Outlook 2007, no Google desktop installed The following issue: When trying to open or save an attachment (word, excel, powerpoint), you get a dialogue box asking whether you want to save/open the file. In the last line, there is a checkbox "Ask always before opening this file type". This checkbox is gray, and cannot be unchecked (view here: http://www.poetzsch-consulting.de/test/Nachfrage.jpg). Strange enough, this issue ocurrs with all attachments, except pdfs. For pdfs, for instance, the box can be unchecked. How the box can be made accessable? Any c...