Cannot create MDE files

  • Follow

I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
Does anyone have any suggestions please.
Alex

--------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Reply Paradigm 1/24/2010 4:45:14 PM

this survice sucks

"Paradigm" <alecjames1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS
> Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or
> create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation
> on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are
> no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb
> files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Reply Victoria 1/24/2010 8:24:03 PM

Victoria,

Please stop adding replies that read "this survice suck", to a newsgroup
intended for questions and answers related to the Microsoft Access database
software. This newsgroup is not intended for general chit chat. It is for
Microsoft Access related discussions only.

Oh, and you misspelled "service".

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"Victoria" wrote:

> this survice sucks
0
Reply Utf 1/24/2010 9:12:01 PM

On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

I have not had a reply to this and it is really bugging me. I can copy
an mdb file to other folders e.g. desktop, root of C, c:\temp, and I can
make an mde file BUT if I copy all my mdb files to another folder or
rename the existing folder access crashes as soon as Make mde file is
selected.
Alex
0
Reply Paradigm 2/5/2010 4:51:08 PM

On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7, MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
> Does anyone have any suggestions please.
> Alex
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.
0
Reply Paradigm 2/25/2010 11:39:54 AM

That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows XP
Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no such
problem.

Rob

Paradigm wrote:
> On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
>> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7,
>> MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and
>> repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The
>> same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules
>> complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried
>> decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions please.     Alex
>>

>> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
>> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-
>>
> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.

0
Reply Rob 2/25/2010 11:15:07 PM

On 25/02/2010 23:15, Rob Parker wrote:
> That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows XP
> Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no such
> problem.
>
> Rob
>

> Paradigm wrote:
>> On 24/01/2010 16:45, Paradigm wrote:
>>> I have recently built a new computer I7 processor, 64 bit Windows 7,
>>> MS Office 2003 with all service patches. When I try to compact and
>>> repair or create an mde file from an mdb file Access crashes. The
>>> same configutation on my laptop can create mde files. The modules
>>> complile fine and there are no missing references. I have tried
>>> decompile, etc. I have a number of mdb files and all do the same.
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions please.     Alex
>>>

>>> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
>>> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>>> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-
>>>
>> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
>> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
>> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.

I did not have a problem until recently. My colleagues think it was a
combination of Windows 7 and an MS Office security update. I generally
have many bmp files with the same name as the mdb files to avoid the
generic Access splash screen when loading the app.
0
Reply Paradigm 3/2/2010 4:31:49 PM

> On 25/02/2010 23:15, Rob Parker wrote:
>> That sounds so weird that I had to try it.  Using a system with Windows
>> XP
>> Pro SP2, and Access 2003 SP3 with post-SP3 hotfix (KB945674), I had no
>> such
>> problem.
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> Paradigm wrote:

>>> Found the problem. If there is a bmp file in the same folder with the
>>> same name as the mdb file then Access crashes when I try to create an
>>> mde file. Removing the bmp files solved the problem.
>>

> I did not have a problem until recently. My colleagues think it was a
> combination of Windows 7 and an MS Office security update. I generally
> have many bmp files with the same name as the mdb files to avoid the
> generic Access splash screen when loading the app.

0
Reply De 3/13/2010 5:54:00 PM

(page loaded in 0.003 seconds)

Reply: