Barcode labels from access 2007

Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would
like to label inventory that is stored in boxes. Sometimes an employee needs
a part and checks out the part then later returns the part. I need to keep
track of these parts and who has them. Any ideas? I am currently using
RedBeam Check In/ Check Out but wanting to switch to Access.

0
kaw
1/14/2010 9:38:25 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

     Please see my answer in response to your other post.

            Clifford Bass

kaw wrote:
>Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would
>like to label inventory that is stored in boxes. Sometimes an employee needs
>a part and checks out the part then later returns the part. I need to keep
>track of these parts and who has them. Any ideas? I am currently using
>RedBeam Check In/ Check Out but wanting to switch to Access.

Clifford
1/14/2010 9:43:06 PM
I've built several barcode databases in Access. I've used Code 39, because
it handles both numbers and text. You can get plenty of good information at
this website:

http://www.adams1.com/share.html

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"kaw" <u57493@uwe> wrote in message news:a21dc1a2513e0@uwe...
> Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would
> like to label inventory that is stored in boxes. Sometimes an employee
> needs
> a part and checks out the part then later returns the part. I need to keep
> track of these parts and who has them. Any ideas? I am currently using
> RedBeam Check In/ Check Out but wanting to switch to Access.

0
Arvin

Working in Excel 2003 but not Excel 2007. Can not protect sheet.
Hi, User entered data on Excel Sheet(s) and send to receipant. The returned sheet(s) should be locked and should not be modfied by the receipant. It works in Excel 2003. However, it does not work in Excel 2007. User sent the worksheet(s) but the sheet(s) did not lock as in Excel 2003. Receipants can modify the sheet(s). I tried many different ways without success. Please help and thank you for your support. Private Sub cmdEmail_Click() Dim cnt As Integer Dim destWb, srcWb As Workbook Dim tmpWin, actWin As Window Dim stWbPath As String On Error Resu...

user form that retrieves data from Microsoft Access query
I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template should display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that this works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is being displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is located and that looks fine. Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance. Where is the database, ...

Help on removing leading dash in business card view Outlook 2007
For some reason about 100 of my 400 contacts have a dash (-) showing in the business card heading. Because it is leading it is alphabetizing the contacts using the dash first. That messes everything up. The is no dash in the company names or personal names or the file as so there is nothing to edit out. When I switch to address card view they alphabetize correctly. Anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening or how to fix it? Help on removing leading dash in business card view Outlook 2007 There is more to your story than you have revealed. Like the "For some rea...

Barcode Printing
We are using a Cognitive Advantage barcode label printer. We are using 1" x 1" labels, two up. My reseller gave us the following code to use for the labels, but the UPC prints fairly small and is sometimes difficult to scan, any suggestions as to how to make the barcode wider or more readable? Also, when we print the labels it only prints on one of the two up - we end up with 50% waste. Any way to get it to use both of the two ups? We use two up 1" x 1" because we need small labels for small items. Thanks in advance. Here's the code we've been using......

printing mailing labels
how do you print mailing labels using excel? Hi The best way - create table in excel, and use it as source for Mail Merge in Word. Arvi Laanemets "Bob" <agent@centurytel.net> wrote in message news:0e1f01c351eb$a3fe9200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do you print mailing labels using excel? Thanks for the reply. I am very ignorant on excel, I have received a list of clients (name and address)which was emailed to me in excel form. I found the table under data, but have no clue what to put in the boxes. thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >The best wa...

access reports automation
can some one guide me how to open an access repot 97 using office object model and read the variables in the report using VB.NET thanks sri There are instructions for how to do it from VB in the following KB articles: ACC: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];145707 ACC: Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server (Q147816) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];147816 Hopefully you'll be able to translate those instructions to .Net. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougS...

Barcode
Hello I am looking for a program that can count the bar code by handheld systems. I want to give discount for our costumer by paying ex. 100$ I give them card with barcode and that will be used for 10 times. So every time they will visit our restaurant and have a meal, then they have to show the barcode card to be read on computer to register the time and make -1 count from the total times he / she had paid. Any hekp please? search on this site, particularly in forms and form code on the key word barcode and you will see alot of good advice. the scanner essentially plays the role of k...

Pivot Chart Axis Labels
When showing more than one field on the x-axis, how do I turn on/off axis labels for only one field. For example I have a Pivot Chart with Year, Month, Day, Hour on the x-axis. I want the field data to stay but I want to turn off the labels the the "Hour" field because they are so close they just look like a big thick black line on the x-axis. When I use Format Axis and turn Tick Mark labels to None it turns them all off. I would like to show the labels for Year, Month, Day but not Hour. Did you eventually discover a solution? Hi, What exactly do you want to know about P...

Excel 2007 Graphs
There seems to be issues with Excel 2007 and graphing, i.e. it is slow to the point of being useless. I notice that there is a hotfix for this problem (KB938538), but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to download this without incurring a �199 cost? Anyone else noticed this and fixed it?? Thanks Rob Poor chart performance has been noted by many. It is one of the items we hope SR1 will address. What makes you think there is a charge for the hotfix? You just phone MS's local office and tell them you want it. A link on the KB938538 page gets you the local number (it showed me the C...

Publisher 2003 labels to PDF
Friend, who does not have Publisher, asked me to make a sheet of labels using Avery L7163 label template in Publisher 2003, and send the results to her as a PDF. I went to File, Page Setup, Layout Tab, Label, and selected the required template. I know only the one label shows on screen and to go to PrintPreview to see all labels on the sheet. I have PrimoPDF driver installed and where I can normally print my Publisher documents to the PDF, it won't allow me to do so with the label template, giving me an error message "The paper type cannot be changed for this type of label"...

Convert Access database to Adobe pdf fillable form
I saved an Access database as a pdf. When I use my Adobe Acrobat Professional to create a fillable form it basically is the same thing as what I did in Access creating the original form. Do you know if I need to duplicate all my actions in Adobe Acrobat when creating a fillable form (i.e. put check mark box on top of check mark box that came over in pdf file, text fields, drop down lists, etc)? Thank you. ...

2007 Spell Checker question
Hi all, I have a version of Office 2007 which includes Outlook 2007. The only real beef I have with it is that if I type the word "wont" or "cant" within a letter without an apostrophe, spell check does the right thing and wants to put an apostrophe in it. However, the option to "change all" is greyed out and if I have two or more "wont" or "cant" with no apostrophe, then I have to keep changing all individually. Is there any way to correct this so it will allow me to correct ALL occurrences again? Prior to Office 2007 and Vista, I had ...

SKU and Barcodes
Hello - we are setting up the database for the first time. Many of our products can have multiple suppliers and therefore have multiple barcodes (even within suppliers). What is the best way for us to do this? In our current software, we have a single entry based on a SKU that has multiple suppliers based on their individual barcodes. Help is appreciated Do the same thing "santa''''s helper" <santashelper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3676311-46BF-4FDE-BCA9-710C8CE6F429@microsoft.com... > Hello - > we are setting up the databas...

Chart labels disappear
After adding 34 data series to an x-y chart I save the file. After closing and opening the file most data labels no longer appeared. If I went to each data series and altered what the labels contain (say added X value) then the labels appeared again. Is there a way to refresh the entire chart? ...

Controlling text fields in access 2002
I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all. Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and pri...

data transfer from Excel to Access but the new table stru is diff
How I can transfer data from Excel to Acess or Dbase or in SQL Server 2000,when the table structure ia not the same. The data in Excel or in txt format is like Hair Care Company: irfjneifnmkef Add: nfoidgfd Ijfiojfpfs Dsfddsgf Phone: 00000 Fax: 000000 Email: trtgrg@mklbf Website: vnjdnvdv.com Company:tyithtgmh ……… ….. …. Same for the 8 times then Activity change Skin Care Company: ughoiufjgpfdm …………….. …………….. Again same type of data 8 times, maximum What we need is to design a table in Access or SQL Server 2000 and fields should be ...

Outlook 2007 is so slow.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C756ED.2B70D040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --=20 Hello Everyone. My Outlook 2007 is too slow! When I open or close it , it takes a long = time! Someone tell me it is caused by much more add-ins. How can I = disable them. And do you have some suggestion about taking Outlook 2007 faster? :) Thanks very much! -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -------------- ITUser, From China kejia.li@msn.com ---------------...

Remote access Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server
I have set up off-line folders and two profiles, home and office. My question is - when I am working from home, I want to dial up via my modem and access the office Exchange server and download new messages into the same 'in box' folder as all my office mail is held. Or is eac profile completely separate with separate in box folders ? And if it is possible to use the same folder for office and home, how do I do it? Many thanks Colin ...

Align Y axis labels
Is there a procedure for aligning Y axis labels, specifically to the left? As of now, all labels are aligned to the right (next to the chart). Thanks in advance. Hi, To have full control over alignment you need to use textboxes instead. I have some code to help with this. http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "cobra15" <cobra15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA74A73-2C44-4F4A-A8C3-B26FCAD313AC@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure for alignin...

"Access can't create an MDE file"
I'm trying to create an MDE file. I'm using Access XP (2002) First I found out that - unless in the you're current format, you can't make an MDE. i.e. If your default is set to create in 2000 format, your make MDE will be disabled. So.. I converted it to 2002 format. But now I get an error message "Access can't create an MDE" file - with no explanation, just an OK button. Any ideas? Hi. There can be a number of reasons why Access can't create the MDE database file. Check the "Can't make an MDE!" checklist at the following Web page to...

Combo box output excel 2007
Hi everyone Hopefully somone can help me with my combo box problem. I am not any expert in Excel so please keep any answer as simple as possible ;) I want to use Combo box for budget matters. For example if i have a list of different items such as: A1 A2 Gloves 1$ Bananas 10$ Car 45$ If i choose banana from the combo box, the output value in the budget becomes 2. So the obvious question is. How do i make excel choose the values in A2 instead? Check out help on VLOOKUP() -- Jacob (MVP - Excel)...

barcode
I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can it be done on a mail merge with microsoft word 2004? If so How? It "can" be done, but it's pointless to do so... The Postal Bar Codes in Word are invalid & no longer of any value. USPS changed their specs too frequently for MS to keep up so they just stopped trying:-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/10/07 11:21 AM, in article 1192029684.997361.67660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com, "dunnecln@mac.com" <dunnecln@mac.com> wrote: I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can ...

Outlook 2007, 2008 SBS & Exchange 2007...
Made the upgrade over the weeknd & some users cannot connect that could on old 2003 sbs. WHen opening outlook, they are prompted for username & password. Entering this doesn not connect! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CB0C91.261654A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Get Exchange updated to at least Update Rollup 9 --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Busine...

Emailing attachments from Access
Not sure if this is the best group for this... I have an access application that needs to send emails. Some of the emails will require an attachment (may be more than one). The attachment will always be from a defined directory. Im using the code below to send the mail. What I'd like to be able to do is set the path of the directory that attachments will come from so that when user clicks Insert File, the file dialog opens in the correct directory. If there was only ever going to be a single attachment, I could open a File dialog first and send an attachment path into procedure ...