Adding Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library

Hi there

I am working on an Access database with another person.

Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
because he made references to this library.

How do I find and download this library?

Thank you for your advance in advance.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am working on an Access database with another person.
>
> Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> because he made references to this library.
>
> How do I find and download this library?
>
> Thank you for your advance in advance.

I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
OS, which is why it's not available for download.

But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
get you started.

Best of luck!

0
Banana
6/5/2010 2:48:31 AM
I don't understand. What am i supposed to do?

"Banana" wrote:

> On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I am working on an Access database with another person.
> >
> > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> > because he made references to this library.
> >
> > How do I find and download this library?
> >
> > Thank you for your advance in advance.
>
> I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
> is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
> OS, which is why it's not available for download.
>
> But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
> usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
> burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
> google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
> get you started.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> .

your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again
Help me, I'm installing MSCRM SFO 1.2 on a windows XP machine (sp1) i'm getting the error: your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again I do find 2 postings about the same problem, but no answer on this problem... The server is a win2000 server with MSCRM 1.2 installed, IE 6 sp1 Exchange server has Exchange 2000, and outlook 2002 installed, IE 6 sp1 The XP machine has outlook 2002 installed, sp1, IE 6 sp1 including some bug fixes I can't figure out what i need ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Object Store vs RAM disk
Hello, what are the main differences between Object Store and RAM disk ? They are both in RAM...are there performance differences ? access differences ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer ...

Data Shifting Between Records
Has anyone ever had experience with data moving from one record to another? I have a form in which I'm using the FMS rich text control ("Total Access Memo"). Several times when there has been an error (such as the user unable to print, or other error), the user finds that data in one or two of the rich text fields are actually data that had previously been saved in another record. This has happened two or three times in the past few months. And, while not a frequent problem, it is especially troubling when it happens. I've checked the FMS web site, and haven't seen...

Hide embedded objects contained in row that is filtered out
When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad. how can embedded objects be hidden along with the row they are embedded in? select the object(s) and use Format/Selected Object (or format autoshape...), then on the properties tab, select Move & Size with cells. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Jim2003" wrote: > When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an > embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad. > > how can embedded obje...

Can v4.0 workflow determine what date today is?
My client wants an e-mail to be sent to the record owner if the Closed Date on the Opp is past. The problem here is that in order to know that today is 1 day past when the Closed Date was projected, I actually need WF to know what today is. I can’t figure out how to do that. Workflow knows all the date attributes for the entity and knows the date it was fired, but I can’t figure out how it can tell what today is, and therefore determine if today is greater than a stored date. see if it can =B4be some of help. http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/comparing-crm-datetime-with-...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

ADDING A NUMBER

Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.
Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased a copy of the Special Media Edition. I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the programme for commercial use? On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article 24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser" <macuser@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Microsoft Releases Access 2007 Runtime for Free
Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! Look through the Office button: a new option should appear there for you to use it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "dhawke@designersupport" <dhawke@designersupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE6912C-0439-4F82-B658-AB9FA18FD7A1@microsoft.com... > It is great that the runtime is FINALLY out a...

Microsoft Sync Services/Microsoft Database Utility
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been getting this error repeatedly while working on my Mac, &quot;Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience&quot;. <br> When I open the Microsoft Database Utility to run, it does fine for a few minutes, then I get the message, &quot;Some Office programs could not be closed automatically . Quit all Office programs, and then click OK&quot;, followed by &quot;Do you want to quit Microsoft Messenger and all Microsoft Offi...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

How do you insert a page break in a Microsoft Publisher document ?
How do you insert a page break in a Microsoft Publisher document ? Control and enter inserts an entire blank page! Help! Ctrl+Shift+N are the keystrokes to insert a blank page. Ctrl+Enter works fine for me. You can also use Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Make sure you have the text frames linked. -- Ron "CDC" <CDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AA472E4-6E12-4A3E-8016-2151E808BA5B@microsoft.com... > How do you insert a page break in a Microsoft Publisher document ? Control > and enter inserts an entire blank page! Help! > ...

write macro to input data
I am new at Excel. I want to write a small macro, four or five columns where I can go to column 1 and input data, then go to column 2 and input date, etc., then when I get to the end of the fifth column have it return and go to add more data in column 1. Any help will be appreciated from the experts in Excel. Thanks. one way to do this is to use a worksheet_change event right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, ...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

ADC #6
I have done an in place upgrade from nt4 to w2k3 in AD. I am know installing ADC and get warning message "The Staging Area Doamin is not in native mode" I do not see how or where I can get this staging area in native mode in that the inplace upgrade dicatates only two options to make on my upgraded PDC 1) Windows 2003 interim. For forest that will never have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers (this change cannot be reversed.) 2) Windows 2000. For forest that may have Windows 200 Domain controller Note Both options allow the forest to have Wondows NT4.0 domain controllers. I do not pla...

Win XP "Microsoft Outlook Profiles" icon
In my control panel on Windows XP Professional, the Microsoft Outlook Profiles icon is the only one that appears lo-res, all jaggy and unpolished. Is there a way I can upgrade or replace that icon with a better-made one? I'm looked around, but haven't found anything on this topic. Thanks, Freeze ...

can't change how data on 2nd axis is being displayed
I have created a chart with columns on 1 axis and lines on the other. My problem is that I want to show the information on the 2nd axis in correlation to the information that is being displayed on the primary axis. For example, my data for the primary axis is Revenue by Market Segment by Year and the data on my secondary axis is Number of Sales Order by Market Segment by Year. What I am trying to do is so the data point for the Number of Sales order for a particular year in the same place as the revenue for the particular year and market segment is being displayed on the primary axis...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper