Access 2007: Where does database name display?

I just had Access 2007 installed on my computer.  Simple question: where does
a database's name display in Access 2007?  Sometimes it pops up at the very
top of the Access window; most of the time it is hidden.

When I have two databases open at the same time, there is no easy way to
identify which database I am working with.
1/14/2010 8:13:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Daniel,

     The name or title show in the Access title bar.  Check the Application
Title settings in each of the databases to make sure they are not causing the
Access title bar to display nothing.  Office button, Access Options button,
Current Database section, Application Options subsection, Application Title
item.  If it is set to even one space, it can cause a problem.  So highlight
the entire field and either make sure it is entirely clear by deleting
everything or replace the contents with the actual name as you want it to

               Clifford Bass

Daniel Collison wrote:
>I just had Access 2007 installed on my computer.  Simple question: where does
>a database's name display in Access 2007?  Sometimes it pops up at the very
>top of the Access window; most of the time it is hidden.
>When I have two databases open at the same time, there is no easy way to
>identify which database I am working with.

Message posted via

How do I make Outlook 2007 start automatically when I log onto win
Could somebody please tell me how I can make Outlook 2007 run automatically when I log into my account (Im using Windows Vista). Many Thanks kieran <> wrote: > Could somebody please tell me how I can make Outlook 2007 run > automatically when I log into my account (Im using Windows Vista). > > Many Thanks Copy a shortcut to outlook.exe to your startup folder. ...

c# and hyper access
hi there does anybody have any examples or a good link using c# to control Hyperaccess that is hyperterminals big brother thanks Hello, Have you tried the vendor website ? They seems to have an API manual : -- Patrice "analizer1" <> a �crit dans le message de news:uZiZZUBjKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi there > does anybody have any examples or a good link > using c# to control Hyperaccess > that is hyperterminals big brother > > thanks > > ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Code for Access Help
Hello, I need to create a report that seperates a total fee into one monthly charge of X%, then equal monthly amounts depending on the contract length. ie a $1000 charge with a 25% first payment and 11 month contract would show a first month charge of $250 then 10 equal payments of $75. My input is a table with the following column headings: Account#, Total Fee, Contract length, FirstMonthPercentage. I would like the output to be a table with the same columns as above, but with each months payment following on the same row. Although I am pretty good with Access, I do no...

mailbox access
Hello! We have a problem with some users after a Exmerge of their mailbox. Here the result: 80% of mailbox work very well (outlook, Web access, sending mail) 10% of mailbox are not able to reach their mail by using Outlook (error message = you do not have the sufficient permissions to reach your box), but are able to reach their mails by using Web Access??? 10% reach their mails with Outlook, but when they send email, the messages stay in our folder. The whole of these mailbox are on the same server, in different store. The 20% in error are found in store where others mailbox work very we...

Can't split a database
Hi there I am currently trying to split my database for my users (since there are 10 of them) but I am getting an error message. It says the following: Database Splitter The database engine could not lock table 'T_ABEA' because it is already in use by another person or process." I'm not sure of how to fix this so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. forest8, Make very sure no one really has the DB open on another PC. Try to locate a file called (use your own db name) YourDBName.ldb and delete it, if found. I&...

Deny access to a drive
I worked the Folder Guard Software it is able to disable any drive without using registry. I use registry to disable any drives. In is need to implement the function like Folder Guard uses to disable the drive. In am programming using i used fileiopermission class but i was not able to deny the drive. Help needed From Posted via Groups ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

How do I make Word 2007 as smart as 2003?
I am new to 2007, was familiar and comfortable with 2003. When making numbered lists in 2003, Word always seemed to "get it" and if I changed one part of the numbered list (formatting), it would correct the rest of the list. Using tab or alt-tab shifted one position to match the previous numbered lists quite effectively; better than 1997 did. 2007 can't seem to get it. If I make a correction to one part, if more likely messes up what I just corrected, rather than correct the rest as I just did. Also, tab and alt-tab seem to really confuse it - it makes up new ...

Outlook 2007 command line switch
Good afternoon everyone, I got Office 12 a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a problem with Outlook. In Outlook 11 I had this registry entry: __________________________ Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\David] @="David" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\David\Command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE\" /c ipm.note /m \"%1\"" _________________________________________ The actual command in the registy reads: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft O...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App
Hi all, I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new functionality. Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian. I have a table, Phrases! as follows: Phrases Phrase ID AutoNumber unique identifier LearningSession Number convenient way to group phrases for study Entered Date/Time the date and time the phrase was entered Source Memo textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it") Romanian Memo the phrase in Romanian English ...

unable to access exported address book
I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts. Please help!!!!! I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts in the address book. I wanted to export my address book from one identity to the other. I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type. I saved it. I switched identities. Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to this part there was a pr...

Restricting access
Ive got an exchange server 2000. Ive got it recieving smtp mail for the domain. I would like to restrict which users are allowed to send mail externally. Ive got 120 users and if they catch on ill have 120 users sending mail externally and recieving mail. Only a selected few must be able to send mail externally. So i need to block the rest of the users from being able to send mail to the internet. Create a Security Group in Active Directory, add the members who you wish to be able to send internet mail. On the Internet mail connector add this group to the Delivery Restriction page to acc...

Receive email replies in Access
Help. I want to automatically send a rform or eport from Access via email (I know how to do this). However, I want this email to be an "approve/reject" email and I want the replies to go back to Access. Ultimately, I would like the database to then proceed with another task after all persons have approved. Is this even possible? Everything is possible, however not always easy to do. One approach might be something like: - emails go out with a hyperlink in the body of the email - when the user clicks the hyperlink it goes to a web page that lets them approve/reject,...

Access 2000 limitations
I have an application that works over an Access 2000 database. A few days ego I noticed problemas in the database, as records are deleted alone. I'm just suspecting that Access 2000 does not support then number of records in the database: Table 1 - Two million records Table 2 - One million records Table 3 - One hundred thousand records. Other tables are smaller, over 300 records. Then full file contains these tables is 500 mb The question is if anyone has had problems with access to this amount of records? I have to delete records to avoid further loss records? ...

Access Problem
Hi I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards, design etc. the same applies to forms. I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the problem thanks for your time On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), wrote: You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that, additional cleanup is possible. For example these arti...

Move MultiUser Access Database onto Terminal Services
Can anyone tell me if there are any inherant problems running a multiuser (max 15 at one time) Access Database over terminal services? I'm worried this may give file lock issues, but by using terminal services it would revolutionise the access to the system. Currently the database is split into a front and back end and sat on a shared network. All users have the mde for the front end on their hard drives and this accesses the backend data on the server via the linked tables. Any help on whether terminal services would work would be much appreciated!! Dave Systems Developer There was an...

CRM Internet AccesS
Hui friends... I need ur help plz.... We have an installation of MBSCRM on a server in our LAN, we access to this throw IP , I realize some developments by means of the SDK, but some tests need to open the server to Internet to be able to access from house to the developments, the functioning of the CRM is perfect and my application also, hitherto every ok. The problem is when once opened for Internet, the CRM works correctly but my application develop not. I have placed the IP of the WebServer, to access to the API of MBSCRM, in the web.config of my application and not directly in th...

Access Report to PowerPoint
How can I convert a report in Access 2002 to Powerpoint? ...

Access 2002-2003 not accessible by Access 2002
I have Office 2003 and I created database using 2002-2003 file format.I spit front end and back end. make an mde file. However, when I give this mde file to people with office XP, their access 2002 cannot open my mde file saying it's not correct version. (strange). then, i convert my database to 2000 file format, but i cannot make mde. what did I do wrong? thanks. Unfortunately, you must create the MDE in the same version of Access that the user has. In other words, despite the fact that both Access 2002 and Access 2003 share a file format, you must use Access 2002 to create th...

Upgrade from Access 2003 to 2007
I recently upgraded to access 2007 and noticed that some functions nolonger work. I'm not sure if functions are nolonger supported or i had them wrong from start. For example in using 2003, i have a query that had a date field. I used "Quarter: ([Last Day Of Quarter]),"q"). It worked just fine before upgrade. In 2007 i receive "Undefined function "Format" in expression". Any comments are most helpful. Suggestions: 1. Did you leave the word Format out of your expression? Did you intend this: Quarter: Format([Last Day Of Quarter],"q") ...

Combo Box does not drop down in Access 2007
I made following code in Access 2003 and it works in 2003 However, when I use Access 2007 to open my 2003 mde, it does not drop down. Use has to click arrow to drop down. How to fix it so it works on both 2003 and 2007? Thanks. Private Sub cboName_GotFocus() Me.cboName.Dropdown End Sub It IS the first and only field of the form and no other field available. So, it is working in 2003 but not 2007 when it is first field. Users don't know the extra step of F4 or Alt+DownArrow. Microsoft made it incompatible? Is there any way to force it drop down in 2003 code so it will drop down...

Backend Crash Access 2007
One of our Access 2007 databases seems to have encountered some difficulties with crashing. There are 18 users, and approximately 75000 unique records. This morning the backend crashed and displayed the following error message: unrecognized database format '\\r5\accumteam\prod2010\clmd_be.accdb' r5 is the server name The database then recreated a copy of itself, and all the tables were empty. We were able to restore from backup but are very interested in fixing whatever may be wrong Thanks for any suggestions Marsh Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database cor...

Continuous error as Access Denied in Extranet
I have implemented extranet and team members and project managers can access very well from client sides and from their homes. but when one team member try to access project web access from internet. he face Error : Access Denied. Although he request access and i assign rights him as a project manager and in site collection as a team member. but when i add him in administrator group . he can access it . and when i removed from the administrator group and add him in a project manager group. he cant access project web access site on internet. although he has done all c...