Access 2003 won`t start.....

I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
scratch yet.  That is  my next option.

I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
Home system.

Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.

Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
subject. Thank You

Plain
--
what a mess!
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

That may have been OWA (Outlook Web Access), but there are no particular
problems that I am aware of with Access and IE7. As a matter of fact, I have
Access 2003 and 2007, both running on a Vista machine with IE7.

If all else has failed, try uninstalling Office 2003, rebooting, running a
registry cleaner, rebooting, then reinstall Office 2003. You might find a
good registry cleaner at:

http://www.registrycleanerscompared.org
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"plainolguy" <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
> while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
> Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall
> from
> scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
>
> I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
> Home system.
>
> Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
>
> Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on
> this
> subject. Thank You
>
> Plain
> --
> what a mess!

0
Arvin
1/13/2008 11:05:05 PM
plainolguy <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
>while and it won`t start.

Any messages?   Try running Windows Task Manager and see if
msaccess.exe is in the running processes list.  If so cancel it and
try again.

Have you tried rebooting?  I assume you have as your posting indicates
a reasonable level of competence but I have to ask.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
<plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
>while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
>Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
>scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
>
>I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
>Home system.
>
>Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
>
>Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
>subject. Thank You
>
>Plain

Something other than that is odd. I'm using IE7 and Access 97, 2000, 2002 and
2003 all on the same computer with no difficulties.

What happens when you try to start? An error message, an immediate exit, crash
the PC, lock it up...?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
what a mess!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:54:00 -0800, plainolguy
> <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
> >while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
> >Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
> >scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
> >
> >I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
> >Home system.
> >
> >Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
> >
> >Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
> >subject. Thank You
> >
> >Plain
>
> Something other than that is odd. I'm using IE7 and Access 97, 2000, 2002 and
> 2003 all on the same computer with no difficulties.
>
> What happens when you try to start? An error message, an immediate exit, crash
> the PC, lock it up...?
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Guys:

Thanks for answering back.  I go to "Programs, Microsoft Office" etc. etc.
then when I click on Access I get a Windows Installer dialogue box.  Then
another dialogue box appears informing me Windows is installing MS Office Pro
2003.  Office has been on this machine about a year and a half..  Anyway,
after the dialogue box informing me of Office installation I get nothing the
same as if I had never clicked on Access in the first place.  As I said
before (I think) all other apps in Office work perfectly.

For some strange reason MSACCESS.EXE is pinned to my Start menu.  I am not
sure how that got there and haven`t noticed it until I tried to start Access
the other day from the "Programs" avenue.

I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?  I have Office
on a different partition than XP Home for these past 1.5 years.

Again, Thanks....

Plain
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:46:02 -0800, plainolguy
<plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
>how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?

Uninstalling and reinstalling Access (rather than all of Office) will not
affect your pst files... and you should certainly have them backed up offline
in any case! Can you just delete msaccess.exe from your Startup folder? Doing
so should certainly not harm Outlook (or do Access any more harm).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
what a mess!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:46:02 -0800, plainolguy
> <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
> >how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?
>
> Uninstalling and reinstalling Access (rather than all of Office) will not
> affect your pst files... and you should certainly have them backed up offline
> in any case! Can you just delete msaccess.exe from your Startup folder? Doing
> so should certainly not harm Outlook (or do Access any more harm).
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John!

I`m embarassed!  That was so easy!  I didn`t even think to try uninstalling
then reinstalling Access.  It worked like a charm.  Thanks again and to all
who responded, have a good week!

Plain

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Starting a Java applet drives IE8 into busyloop
I have the odd effect that starting a Java applet drives IE8 into a busyloop (i.e. one core starts going 100% busy). Initially I thought, it's my applet, but my applet is NOT the culprit and it is NOT busy-looping - I verified that by inserting lots of println()'s. When it works, there are short peaks of process "javaw.exe" being active and the println's show up on the Java console, but those are always over after at most a few seconds. Next I had the suspicion, that some java script code that surrounded my applet was faulty, but I removed everything else a...

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

Exchange 2003 deployment
I have set up to domains, x.com and y.x.com as child I have set up exchange server 2003 on x.com, i have not installed exchange server at y.x.com I have set up management tools to DC at y.x.com, when i create a user, my exchange servet at x.com i displayed but mailbox store is null. Do i have to setup exchange also to y.x.com in order to use exchange both at x.com and y.x.com The account that you are logged in with needs to have the correct permissions in the Exchange organization to see the mailbox stores, the minimum permissions needed would be View Only Admin. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange...