'msysdb'

  • Follow

Hi,

   I have a very big problem:
When i try to open my database i get an error message : "The Microsoft
Access Database Engine cannot find the object 'msysdb'.Make sure the object
exists and that you spell the name correctly"
   Actually i don't remember what's 'msysdb',I think that it seems to be the
table that creates the ribbon,by the way i don't use these ribbons now.
   I cannot export or import any object from or to this database,can anybody
help?

Regards
1
Reply Utf 2/6/2008 8:58:01 AM

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 00:58:01 -0800, Pietro <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   I have a very big problem:
>When i try to open my database i get an error message : "The Microsoft
>Access Database Engine cannot find the object 'msysdb'.Make sure the object
>exists and that you spell the name correctly"
>   Actually i don't remember what's 'msysdb',I think that it seems to be the
>table that creates the ribbon,by the way i don't use these ribbons now.
>   I cannot export or import any object from or to this database,can anybody
>help?
>
>Regards

MSysDB is the master system table which contains the basic information about
your entire database. If it has been deleted or corrupted, your database is
cooked, I fear!

Try the suggestions at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm; you
may need to hire one of the database salvage services referenced there.

Good current backups are essential... for the very reason you have just
unfortunately discovered.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 2/6/2008 4:50:43 PM