Unable to copy objects between my projects.

Hi,
When developing new projects, I have found it useful and time saving to copy
forms, reports etc. from one of my completed projects to the new one and
modify
as needed. I ran into a problem yesterday when copying a form. This is the
error message I received: "The database has been placed in a state by user
<name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error
3734)." (the username and machine are mine, of course)

The error message help button gave this information: "This error occurs when
the new passive shutdown/connection control is being used. This error message
indicates that a user set the database in a mode that will prevent other
users from opening it."

My question is how do I reset this "control" so that I am able to copy
objects between projects, saving development time. Thanks in advance for your
help.  - Ron

I noticed that nobody answered.  You sort of have two different questions at
once there, with one of them (how you are trying to copy) not fully
explained.

To troubleshot, try making sure that nobody else has either db open.

You might try using the "get external data" menu choice.   It's a nicer way
to copy stuf in anyway.

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Unable to open calendar

How to Automate Copying of trendline equation to a cell
I want to figure out have excel take an equation for a trendline out of a chart and paste it into a set of cells to calculate new values. For example I have data at time 100, 200, 300 and 500, but want to automatically have the equation of the trendline fitting my data copy over to a set of cells where the intermadiate data for time 25,50,75 etc will be calculated. I typically fit a polonomial trendline? Polynomial, non-linear, Trendline Coefficients and Regression Analysis http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/trendline_coefficients.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynom...

How to unsnap objects
I completed a poster using powerpoint and used the "snap to" feature to make sure text boxes were in line. Then the person I was making the poster for decided they wanted changes. I can't seem to edit those text boxes anymore. Is there a way to save this poster? Snap to shouldn't effect editing - what are you trying to do and what is the problem? Also, what version are you using? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Bhavani" <Bhavani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Receiving Copy
Can someone help me get rid of the feature of receiving a copy of my own email many times when I send an email out? thanks much ...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Project Accounting Solution for GP
Hi, We are currently using Great Plains Version 7.0 and looking for a complete Project Management tool which can be used across our Group companies. Can any one suggest any solution? We are based in UK and have offices around the world. Regards, Ani There are two project solutions for Great Plains - Microsoft's own project management add-on for GP and a third-party product from Jovaco. I have heard a lot of good things about Jovaco, and a mixed reviews about MBS Project. To be fair, The Jovaco version was being installed at a relatively small firm with some but not extensive customiz...

Unable to conect

Copying Conditional Formatting
I am trying to copy conditional formatting using formula instead of cell value. I cannot get it to progress down the column. I attached a file to illustrate. I have oversimplified the illustration but in it I would like to apply conditional formatting to column A to highlight the cell in Red if the number is higher that the cell to it's right in column B. I create a simple conditional format in A1 that says if A1 is greater than B1, highlight the cell in Red. That works. My question is how do I copy that format down the column? I tried copy and past special and every other techni...

8000 byte row limit blown while adding fields to Microsoft CRM Account object.
Hi all My customer has requested a great deal of customisation on their CRM implementation, particularly the Account object. As such, around 40 new fields have been added to the account object via the Deployment Manager. Unfortunately, we are at the point now where additional fields cannot be added, due to us reaching the 8000 byte row limit of SQL Server! The message in the event log is as follows: 'dmLog: New size of the attribute ({B806C9CD-554F-4BA6-80C2-0906640276BE}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.' This really leaves us in a bit of a pickle, because: a) We n...

Copy Paste
Hi there, When I select a cell to copy and then go to another workbook to paste, the data is not on the clipboard. Doesn't happen all the time, just several times a day. Most times when it fails, it works on the second try. Any Ideas? -- Bob ___O _`\ <,_ ......(_)% (_) You probably are selecting something that clears the clipboard. Copy/paste with a macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Encino Bob" <bob_oso@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eXdXzsnuDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > When I select a cell to copy an...

Formula copying error
I've entered a vlookup formula and when I copy it to another cell, sometimes it copies the formula correctly into the other cells and comes up with the correct (and different) results but sometimes when I try to copy it, it just copies the previous result--and ignores the vlookup formula altogether. If i go to the cell and place the cursor in the "fx" field as if i was going to correct the formula, but not make any changes, and press "enter" the result gets corrected. This is a problem if i have a whole range of cells as i don't want to go into each...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

2003 spools job once, 2007 spools job repeatedly for every copy
I have a job that was created in 2007 publisher. When I print multiple copies of it in Pub 2003, it never exceeds 138mb. When I print multiple copies in 2007, it makes the job bigger as you print more copies (if you print a 2 page document with 3 copies, and sends 6 jobs to the machine). What version Windows are you using? Have you looked for an updated driver on the manufacturer's web site? Are there gradients in the publication? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ <brotherhero@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1f6d2414-6ff7-4af0-a6bf-4bc6c0073a7a@k16g2000hsf.googlegroups....

Excel Copy and Paste Custom Header and Footer
1. Enter an Excel Workbook complete with 2 worksheets. 2. Sheet1 has a set of custom header and footer. 3. Please show that the custom header and footer of Sheet1 could be Copy-and-Paste'd onto Sheet2. 4. Regards. Try the following code: Worksheets("Sheet2").PageSetup.LeftHeader = _ Worksheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.LeftHeader -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1136939976.818751.135180@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > 1. Enter an Excel Wor...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...