Unable to copy objects between my projects.

When developing new projects, I have found it useful and time saving to copy
forms, reports etc. from one of my completed projects to the new one and
as needed. I ran into a problem yesterday when copying a form. This is the
error message I received: "The database has been placed in a state by user
<name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error
3734)." (the username and machine are mine, of course)

The error message help button gave this information: "This error occurs when
the new passive shutdown/connection control is being used. This error message
indicates that a user set the database in a mode that will prevent other
users from opening it."

My question is how do I reset this "control" so that I am able to copy
objects between projects, saving development time. Thanks in advance for your
help.  - Ron

I noticed that nobody answered.  You sort of have two different questions at
once there, with one of them (how you are trying to copy) not fully

To troubleshot, try making sure that nobody else has either db open.

You might try using the "get external data" menu choice.   It's a nicer way
to copy stuf in anyway.

Unable to edit recurring Appointm.
Hi, one of my Users (outlook 2k+Exch2k) isn�t able to edit, open or delete any recurring Item (Appointment) he entried before. Help is much appreciated Thanks Chris "muh" <muh@muh.de> wrote in message news:dvoubk$664$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Hi, > one of my Users (outlook 2k+Exch2k) isn�t able to edit, open or delete any > recurring Item (Appointment) he entried before. > Help is much appreciated > Thanks > Chris > Replied in m.p.exchange.admin. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost inst...

Unable to create new user on CRM 4.0
Hi everyone, I've a problem with my CRM 4.0 server. Since I use dcpromo on it (at first the CRM 4.0 server was DC and now it's only a server) I can't create new user on the CRM. The CRM works perfectly with the actuel user but I can't create/ reactive user... The message is in French, it's quite simple :( No info in the message, it just says me that an error has occured... I tried using the 2 methods in the CRM, it's the same error I don't know what can be the problem, and I don't now what do to ... I need help Thanks Potentially to do with Network Service a...

dealing with a projection
I am trying to establish the best way to make a simple projection. I have National and State Level Data for 1992, 1997 and 2002. Local Data has not been released for 2002, and I would like to make a projection. Of course, the local data is a subset of the state data. I can do a simple trendline of course, but I don't believe that accounts for the relationship between the locality and the state. Hopefully this is enough info. Thanks! Larry Data Example: 1992 1997 2002 US 620,912 823,499 1,197,988 State 14,707 19,077 28,684 Local 3,218 5,045 ...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Hide Formula & Allow Copy
Hi, I would like to know how to hide the formula & allow to users to copy the cell & get only the result (just like what past special does). I have tried “Protect Sheet”, when I protect the sheet a user can see the result (of the formula) but can't copy it because it is protected I didn’t find anything (or I missed) in the promotion’s list that allows users to copy or copy the result. When I remove the protection the user will have access on the formula (which I don’t want to). In short, I want the user to see the result of the formula & have the promotio...

word object becomes Distorted
Hi My embeded word object becomes Distorted( sometimes repositioned ) if I edit it's content. Is there any solution to create a fixed bound embeded word object without distortion? __________ ESET Smart Security - V�rusdefin�ci�s adatb�zis: 4470 (20090930) __________ Az �zenetet az ESET Smart Security ellen�rizte. http://www.eset.hu ...

Access VBA Object Reference
The problem that I am having is that some computers in our office have office xp and others have office 2003. I made and access database that has a bunch of vb behind it in office 2003. When I got to run it in office xp it blows up. Under the references tab it says that it is MISSING:Excel 11.0 Object Reference Library. Is there a way to use that library under office xp. Thanks in advance. Chris Excel11.0 Object Library means Excel2003. The same library for OfficeXP is 10.0. If you want to have your access application to work with multple version of MS Office, then you need to devel...

Internal HD showing explorer but not in Disk Manager and unable to
I have a HP workstation DC5100 with Windows XP with SP3 installed and I have two internal hard drives. I was attempting to defrag the hard drives and getting an error that Disk Defragmenter could not start. After some troubleshooting I notice that in Disk Management that the internal hard drives did not show up and only the DVD drive was showing, from the command line utility diskpart when I listed the disks. I have attempted to do a chkdsk on reboot however it flash by so quickly that the only thing I cathc is something about RAW drives then it skips the chkdsk. I have done ...

How do I copy a date from excel to a outlook calender?
I am looking to produce a spreadsheet with various amounts of data on. One of the bits of data will be appointment dates. Can Excel, (or any other database) update outlook appointments with either little on no user intervention? If so, how? ...

Unable to add item to shared calendar
I am trying to add an item to a shared calendar by double clicking on a date/time. I immediately receiving the error "The operation failed - An object cannot be found". I have several users calendars that I have access to and they all seem to work but this one. It has worked in the past week but all of a sudden quit working this week. I have tried the following: -removing the shared calendar and re-adding it -Detect and Repair Any help would be appreciated. "butter" <butter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BBC0248-8E7B-45B3-9...

Which copy to Install on Win7
I have a boxed set of MS Home/Student. I only need Word , Note and Excel. My new computer comes with a full set of Office installed but not activated until use. Should I install from disks my copies of Word, Note and Excel then proceed with the Key that came with the box or activate what is on the computer and use that same key that came with my box? Will installing my copies "overwrite" those on the new computer? Thanks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4764 (20100112) __________ The message was checked by ES...

Transferring Dialog/resources/files from one project to another.
Hi, I am in the process of writing an MFC dialog app. I would like to use a couple of dialogs that i created in another VC++ 6.0 MFC Dialog project. I am having difficulty copying these from one project to another. I have tried to copy the .rc file and resource.h file into my application but i am finding this does not import the dialogs that i want. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards Macca U�ytkownik "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:F799F0BB-B9D9-4267-9F14-0B9EC8DFA860@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am in the process of...

Unable to record macro
When recording a macro an 'Unable to record' message appears when I try to record a formula. Here is the formula that seems to cause the problem: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(Cont!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),"",IF(INDEX(Purchases!Y$24:Y$2000,MATCH(Cont!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0))="UpdateCC",INDEX(Purchases!$AP$24:$AP$2000,MATCH(Cont$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),"")) Anyone know why this should happen? Thanking you in advance. Pat Hi PC Sorry that is a typo error, even with the correction the error message still appears. "PC" <p...

Unable to open default mail folders. MAPI was unable to load the Gwmspi.dll.
Removed groupwise to switch to outlook and the following error occurs when stating outlook. I cannot access the KB article that deals with this subject. ...

- How can I copy paste cell values only?
I have a macro that manipulates excel data copy-pasted from several Excel 2000 documents. Is there a way to make sure that Selection.Copy copies just cell values ignoring all other cell properties (formulas, formatting,...)? As always, post YOUR macro for comments. rng.value=rng.value -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "S>B>S" <sbsgark@softhome.net> wrote in message news:uUTLB8p7EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a macro that manipulates excel data copy-pasted from several Excel > 2000 documents. Is there a way to make sure that Selection....

"Unable to display the folder"
I am running Outlook Express, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. Other people in my organization can access this mailbox just as doing wha...

Proxy objects-- using a single reference
Greetings all, Is it acceptable to use a single reference to a proxy object, when it is to be used repeatedly? For example, during a product import, as the program is iterating through the source, and using the CRMProduct.Create() method, is it necessary to continuously instatiate CRMProduct objects with each product to be created (or line in the source file)?? // something like this: (incomplete of course) while ((fileLine = srConversion.ReadLine()) != null) { //.. product.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; product.Url = strDir + "CRMProd...

When a sheet is copied, i want also that the Sub's whithin this sheet is copied to the new sheet
Title says it all ! Thanks, Luc Hi Luc When ever you move a sheet the code within that worksheet module will move also. If however you are talking about the module level code that just happens to be used on the sheet then no it will not go with the sheet. If the latter is what you ment you could put the code specific to that sheet within the Sheet Module and this will move when ever you move your sheet. Take care Marcus Thanxxxxxx, i know what i did wrong :=) "marcus" <marcusinlondon1@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:ab8c4894-f3e4-4731-9a5b...

Unable to open/restore in MS2005
After reviewing previous posts re: this issue, I have updated my MSmoney to ver Attempts to open a previous file result in a return to a blank password screen with no error message. Any thoughts? What's the history of the file? It was ALWAYS in M05? Does the sample file open? "Scott in CDA" <ScottinCDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B6D7A34-58DB-4DDC-8AD0-0A4788B427A8@microsoft.com... > After reviewing previous posts re: this issue, I have updated my MSmoney > to > ver Attempts to open a previous file result i...

Copying data from one table into another
Hello. I've checked around about this subject but can't seem to find the information that helps my case of the problem, so here it is. The overall goal is to move all the data from an old Q&A database to the new Access database that I created. I exported the Q&A data into a Database IV file, which I then imported into new Access database file so it could be easily managed. Surprisingly enough to me, Access neatly sorted the data into a new table with the correct fields despite the fact that Q&A is more of a text sheet editor than a database. The goal now is to put all ...

Unable to save relationships/Access 2003
I have a backend database in which I am attempting to build relationships, but I find I cannot save them. When I save, close the window, and reopen it, the relationships have gone, though the tables are still there are. It happens whether or not I enforce referential integrity. The problem occurs on one particular database. I have tested it on another and all is ok. We have recently migrated from 97 to 2003, and the relationships that were created earlier in 97 have been saved. When I open the window, only my new relationships have been lost, the old ones are still there. Many tha...

Unable to add mailbox, also existing users unable to connect
W2K Server SP4 all patches, Exchange 2003 SP1, just installed SP3 1. Existing users are unable to connect to their mailboxes. They receive a windows login with username and password 2. Unable to add new users to exchange. The attributes show in the user properties. Suggestions welcome On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Trez <Trez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >W2K Server SP4 all patches, Exchange 2003 SP1, just installed SP3 > >1. Existing users are unable to connect to their mailboxes. They receive a >windows >login with username and password > >2...

Search a Table, find, and copy all data from the row
Would someone be kind enough to help me on this? I want to take a list compare it to a table, and if a match copy all of the elements from th table in the same row in which the element match was found: LIST CAT DOG MOUSE TABLE HORSE BROWN LARGE Worker DOG WHITE SMALL Pet When list matches table, I want to copy the information from th following columns (e.g. WHITE, SMALL, Pet) and place in columns next t the item in the list, so the list would then look like: CAT DOG WHITE SMALL Pet MOUSE Thank you for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Toddman If there is on...