Unable to copy objects between my projects.

  • Follow

Hi,
When developing new projects, I have found it useful and time saving to copy
forms, reports etc. from one of my completed projects to the new one and
modify
as needed. I ran into a problem yesterday when copying a form. This is the
error message I received: "The database has been placed in a state by user
<name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error
3734)." (the username and machine are mine, of course)

The error message help button gave this information: "This error occurs when
the new passive shutdown/connection control is being used. This error message
indicates that a user set the database in a mode that will prevent other
users from opening it."

My question is how do I reset this "control" so that I am able to copy
objects between projects, saving development time. Thanks in advance for your
help.  - Ron

0
Reply Utf 1/28/2010 2:09:01 PM

I noticed that nobody answered.  You sort of have two different questions at
once there, with one of them (how you are trying to copy) not fully
explained.

To troubleshot, try making sure that nobody else has either db open.

You might try using the "get external data" menu choice.   It's a nicer way
to copy stuf in anyway.

0
Reply Utf 1/29/2010 6:10:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.033 seconds)