View one record at a time in a report.

I am new to access.
I created a report from a table using the wizard.
When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not
all records.
How do I do this?
Thank you
Ron

0
uroron

The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you
want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to
just that one record.

Here's the code you need for the command button:
    Print the record in the form
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html

"uroron" <u37161@uwe> wrote in message news:77b7cc9fbd597@uwe...
>I am new to access.
> I created a report from a table using the wizard.
> When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time -
> not
> all records.
> How do I do this?
> Thank you
> Ron

0
Allen
9/4/2007 3:01:54 PM
Allen, thank you very much for your help.  Your code worked perfectly.
Ron

Allen Browne wrote:
>The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you
>want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to
>just that one record.
>
>Here's the code you need for the command button:
>    Print the record in the form
>at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html
>
>>I am new to access.
>> I created a report from a table using the wizard.
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> Thank you
>> Ron

uroron

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Money 2003 Report Problems
When I look at reports (in Money 2003) I can see all my withdrawls, but not my transfers. For example if I pay $100 on my credit card, its not there. Should I set it up as a catagory instead? You don't say what reports you are referring to. Depending on the report type, it doesn't make sense to show transfers. E.g., Income and Expenses. Transfer is neither. In some other reports, you can include or exclude Transfers from the report customization. E.g., Category Spending. "cschear" <cb_schear@msn.com> wrote in message news:080601c365f2$6daea940$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

Having users modify theier GAL record
I would like to provide a web based solution for allowing my users to modify thier GAL infomration. Any suggestions? I heard that there is a web based version of GALMOD. Is this true? Does it allow the user to modify all the fileds that GALMODCA allows? Another question about GALMOD. I saw a message somewhere stating that you should not use it if you are running Outlook2k3 in chached mode. Why Not? Just curiouse on this one. So back to my original Q. Is there a decent, non-complicated, web based product that will let my users changed thier info? Thanks, Steve F. ...

Checkbox border on report
Hello, I have a checkbox field on my report. Whether the checkbox has been checked or not, the black border still shows on the report. Is there a way to show ONLY the check mark if yes and blank NO border if no? Thank you!! See: Format Check boxes on reports: size, color, unbox, conditionally format at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

linking charts to one database
I want the same chart from the same database to be linked to two different worksheets so that any changes made will transfer to both charts. ...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

backup Exchange 2003 with Time Navigator
I can't backup my mailboxes with Time Navigator! I get the following error in Time Navigator: (I've translated my errors because they're in french ^^) The Callback APP_META_OBJ_T.u.f.pre_read has failed TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS for /Mailboxes/*/gomme/c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin\gomme.pst File opening "/Mailboxes/*/gomme/c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin\gomme.pst" not correct, retcode=TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS Error while request processing, retcode=TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS Error while opening source : TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS And here is the Exmerge.log on the Exchange server: *************...

GP Detailed Trial Balance Report
Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail report.. Here is what's happening. we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and open year. the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was posted with a credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change. On the the report total for net change GP shows 133,964.83. when you actually calculate the total of net change am...

Forcing all outbound mail through one account
I have two ISP's, NTL and BT, so I have to IMO accounts, NTL and BT, in my Office 2003. I only ever connect through BT these days, so I can receive NTL mail (password authenticated) but not send NTL mail (IP address authentication). Is there a way that I can force replies to mail that came in via the NTL account to go out through the BT account? I would expect the origin of the replies to be my BT email address, and that is fine. I can force this change manually, by selecting the account once I'm in the reply, but I'd prefer to automate this task. -- Steve Swift http://ww...

merging spreadsheet with reports
I'm a teacher who uses an Excel spreadsheet to average grades. I'd like to merge each students row of grades and average into a Progress Report in Word. Do I need an object link and a mail merge or what? You could do a main merge in Word. Set up your table in Excel with a heading in each column, and rows of student data below, with no blank rows. In Word, set up your report, then use the Mail Merge wizard to connect to Excel. Add the fields to the report (e.g. Name, Score1, etc.), and merge the document with the list. Sherry McAllister wrote: > I'm a teacher who use...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...

Coustom view

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...