Text objects

  • Follow

I am creating customer invoices using a query report.

  What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to a
field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."

I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.

If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the text
I am trying to insert?

Thanks

0
Reply jayC 2/17/2008 9:49:34 PM

Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in the
report when you open it?
If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
concerns, you can put a text box in it saying

="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]

(assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
the query on which it is based)

Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the correct
name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.

Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
it so that the report can be filtered?

Evi

"jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
>
>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
>
> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
>
> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
text
> I am trying to insert?
>
> Thanks

0
Reply Evi 2/17/2008 10:11:52 PM

No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need different
values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:" etc..
I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.

"Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
> the
> report when you open it?
> If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
> concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
>
> ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
>
> (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
> the query on which it is based)
>
> Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
> correct
> name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
>
> Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
> it so that the report can be filtered?
>
> Evi
>

> "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
>>
>>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
>> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
>>
>> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
>>
>> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
> text
>> I am trying to insert?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Reply jayC 2/17/2008 10:59:54 PM

Hi jayC
Don't put the Text Box try the Label (the other icon with an A in capsLock).
Good luck

"jayC" wrote:

> No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need different
> values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
> The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:" etc..
> I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.
>
> "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
> > the
> > report when you open it?
> > If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
> > concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
> >
> > ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
> >
> > (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
> > the query on which it is based)
> >
> > Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
> > correct
> > name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
> >
> > Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
> > it so that the report can be filtered?
> >
> > Evi
> >

> > "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
> >>
> >>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
> >> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
> >>
> >> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
> >>
> >> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
> > text
> >> I am trying to insert?
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
Reply Utf 2/18/2008 1:26:01 AM

How do I turn off the exclamation mark which appears when I create the Label
box and a caption is inserted?
Thanks
"Vieira" <Vieira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi jayC
> Don't put the Text Box try the Label (the other icon with an A in
> capsLock).
> Good luck
>
> "jayC" wrote:
>
>> No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need
>> different
>> values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
>> The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:"
>> etc..
>> I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.
>>
>> "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
>> > the
>> > report when you open it?
>> > If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
>> > concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
>> >
>> > ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
>> >
>> > (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or
>> > in
>> > the query on which it is based)
>> >
>> > Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
>> > correct
>> > name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
>> >
>> > Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you
>> > open
>> > it so that the report can be filtered?
>> >
>> > Evi
>> >

>> > "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message

>> > text

0
Reply jayC 2/19/2008 6:30:13 PM

Click on the Label and the exclamation mark will appear, put the mouse on it
and you can see an arrow. Click on the arrow and on the Ignore Error. I think
you are triyng to put a "floating" text, so you don't need to associate with
any Control

0
Reply Utf 2/20/2008 12:54:02 AM

(page loaded in 0.057 seconds)