Text objects

I am creating customer invoices using a query report.

  What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to a
field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."

I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.

If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the text
I am trying to insert?

Thanks

0
jayC

Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in the
report when you open it?
If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
concerns, you can put a text box in it saying

="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]

(assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
the query on which it is based)

Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the correct
name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.

Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
it so that the report can be filtered?

Evi

"jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
>
>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
>
> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
>
> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
text
> I am trying to insert?
>
> Thanks

0
Evi
2/17/2008 10:11:52 PM
No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need different
values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:" etc..
I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.

"Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
> the
> report when you open it?
> If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
> concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
>
> ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
>
> (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
> the query on which it is based)
>
> Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
> correct
> name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
>
> Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
> it so that the report can be filtered?
>
> Evi
>

> "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
>>
>>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
>> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
>>
>> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
>>
>> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
> text
>> I am trying to insert?
>>
>> Thanks

0
jayC
2/17/2008 10:59:54 PM
Hi jayC
Don't put the Text Box try the Label (the other icon with an A in capsLock).
Good luck

"jayC" wrote:

> No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need different
> values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
> The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:" etc..
> I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.
>
> "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
> > the
> > report when you open it?
> > If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
> > concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
> >
> > ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
> >
> > (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or in
> > the query on which it is based)
> >
> > Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
> > correct
> > name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
> >
> > Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you open
> > it so that the report can be filtered?
> >
> > Evi
> >

> > "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >> I am creating customer invoices using a query report.
> >>
> >>   What is the best way to place text into the  report that is not tied to
> >> field?  Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date."
> >>
> >> I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems.
> >>
> >> If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the
> > text
> >> I am trying to insert?
> >>
> >> Thanks

How do I turn off the exclamation mark which appears when I create the Label
box and a caption is inserted?
Thanks
"Vieira" <Vieira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi jayC
> Don't put the Text Box try the Label (the other icon with an A in
> capsLock).
> Good luck
>
> "jayC" wrote:
>
>> No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need
>> different
>> values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
>> The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:"
>> etc..
>> I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.
>>
>> "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in
>> > the
>> > report when you open it?
>> > If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it
>> > concerns, you can put a text box in it saying
>> >
>> > ="Bill to: " & [CustomerName]
>> >
>> > (assuming you have a field called CustomerName either in your report or
>> > in
>> > the query on which it is based)
>> >
>> > Because your report has been filtered to show only one customer, the
>> > correct
>> > name will appear in this text box when the filtered report is opened.
>> >
>> > Or do you mean that you want the report to ask for this info when you
>> > open
>> > it so that the report can be filtered?
>> >
>> > Evi
>> >

>> > "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote in message

>> > text

0
jayC
2/19/2008 6:30:13 PM
Click on the Label and the exclamation mark will appear, put the mouse on it
and you can see an arrow. Click on the arrow and on the Ignore Error. I think
you are triyng to put a "floating" text, so you don't need to associate with
any Control

"jayC" wrote:

> How do I turn off the exclamation mark which appears when I create the Label
> box and a caption is inserted?
> Thanks
> "Vieira" <Vieira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi jayC
> > Don't put the Text Box try the Label (the other icon with an A in
> > capsLock).
> > Good luck
> >
> > "jayC" wrote:
> >
> >> No.  I just need text such as "Bill to:" or "Date:" I don t need
> >> different
> >> values. It is the same on every page, like the logo.
> >> The customer field would appear below the text that reads, "Bill to:"
> >> etc..
> >> I just need to know how to place the words "Bill to:" in the report.
> >>
> >> "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

Parametrized reports in 1.2 are unknown objects ?
Hi all. (I posted this question every 20 days) Anyone in the world has experience with parametrized reports in 1.2 ? Anyone could suggest me where to find informations about how to use it ? Thanks Seba ...

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Objects available in Customer Service module
I have a situation where I have Sales Professional and Customer Service Professional. I know that when you are given a license to the sales professional you can open up an account record and see the cases (from the customer service module) for the account. Can you also see the contracts? To what level of detail can you see these (just contract header information or the contract lines also)? Conversely, in the customer service side, can you see the orders and the quotes for the accounts and, if so, to what level of detail? Thanks! ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Copying DOM object...help
Dear All, Can anyone help me with these two questions? Thank you. I am using MSXML 4.0 SP2 and VC++ .NET. Q1. Does anyone know any efficient method of copying the content of one DOM object to another existing/initialized DOM object? Any sample code will be most appreciated. Q2. I have a piece of code that convert the source DOM into a temp BSTR and then load the BSTR to the result DOM. Form the MSXML 4.0 SDK it mentioned that ��Calling load or loadXML on an existing document immediately discards the content of the document.�� My question is will this function cause an...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...

Current Year to display in text
Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is other text with it? For example: I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read 2012 Benefit Time Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option like in MS word? Hi Gadgetman, Am Thu, 23 ...

Cropping text from a number
Hi I am doing a staight comparisions of two numbers in two different cells (a percentage increase) However one of the numbers I am using has an asterisk on the left hand end of the number. Obviously excel cannot calculate the increase given it is not redaing the cell as a number. How can I right a formula so that excell does not read the asterisk rather only the number any help would be appreciated Hi Matt! You could set up an extra column to the right of the offending numbers and use: Data > Text to Columns Or you could set up and extra column and parse the offending numbers ...