Subreport in page footer, page break issue

Hi guys,

I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport out)
it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st page
records over again.

Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
way that I want.

1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then the
next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
page (etc...).

0
Michael

Michael wrote:
>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport out)
>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st page
>records over again.
>
>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>way that I want.
>
>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then the
>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>page (etc...).

Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
it here.

As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
the page footer.

I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
for the subreport.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

I really think it needs to be two separate reports.

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Michael wrote:
>>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport
>>out)
>>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st
>>page
>>records over again.
>>
>>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>>way that I want.
>>
>>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then
>>the
>>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>>page (etc...).
>

> Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
> it here.
>
> As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
> multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
> fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
> the page footer.
>
> I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
> point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
> for the subreport.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Michael
7/12/2007 4:41:51 PM
That may or may not be true, but no one can try to figure
out something until you tell us what your boss wants the
report to look like.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Michael wrote:
>Well Marshall if it were up to me I would stop right now completely because
>I don't think what my boss want's is possible in Access.  I don't think it's
>possible in Crystal Reports either.
>
>I really think it needs to be two separate reports.
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote
>> Michael wrote:
>>>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>>>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>>>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>>>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>>>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport
>>>out)
>>>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>>>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st
>>>page
>>>records over again.
>>>
>>>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>>>way that I want.
>>>
>>>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>>>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then
>>>the
>>>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>>>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>>>page (etc...).
>>

>> Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
>> it here.
>>
>> As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
>> multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
>> fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
>> the page footer.
>>
>> I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
>> point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
>> for the subreport.
0
Marshall

Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport
Hello, This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on the subreport. The price field is called Expr5. I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken the time ...

cannot maximize Windows Live Mail page
Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until yesterday when my Windows Live Mail stopped showing the right border were you can scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to the end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I cannot maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I tried with the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move. Any info about how to get the full screen?. Thanks Doc Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen to the size you want. Do no...

Page Setup is Slow
Hi All, Can't honestly say whether this has always been the case or its just started to happen, but configuring anything in the 'Page Setup' dialogue box is incredibly slow at the moment. This is on a corporate network, from a networked laptop to a networked printer. Printing is via IP, I am told, and is working fine. Anyone got any ideas please. Regards. Bill. ...

Turning off Page Number on Scroll
When using the scroll bar to move through a multi-page word document a small yellow box appears with the current page number displayed in it. Is there any way to turn that feature off? Hi In Word's preferences on the VIEW tab you can turn off horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Un-checking the preferences would get rid of the page numbers, but has the side effect of also eliminating the scroll bars. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google sear...

issue sending direct E-Mail
I am not able to send direct emails from our CRM 3.0 deployment. - We use an SMTP service - Sending email for a spceific account works fine. But sending "Direct email" for a bunch of selected accounts does not work. I do not see any error messages, but nothing ever happens. - I verified that the bulk email service is up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated Check the CRM Workflow Service is also running -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "appsmr" wrote: > I am not able t...

Document? Added a scanned page, document is out off align?
Page is out of alignment. After saving a document and adding a scanned file to complete it.The last page is out of alignment slightly with the rest of the document. Which needs to be sent in an email tonight. Need the correct commands please to complete this. How did you add the scanned page? Note that if you used OCR software and then added the page as editable text, you usually have to do a lot of reformatting; there's no way around that. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Nic nic" <Nic nic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066C80...

Spreadsheet pages
Can anyone tell me how many sheets can you have per workbook? I als need to know how to combine one spreadsheet with another. Thank you in advance. : -- calimar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2453 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38130 As many spreadsheets as your system's resources can handle, but it's not really recommended to have too many. If you do, you're likely not handling your data efficiently. Hundreds of ...

Booklet Prints Off Page
I have created a booklet of names and address. After I do the merge to a new document and go t o page setup and change the layout to booklet the text goes out side the blue guidlines and off the paper image background. It shifts to the left and to the top. When I preview it the left page of the landscape page is off the page. I have tried to change margins and about everything that is possible to correct this. Shirinking the text, changing text box size, changing margins in the printer setup etc. Is this a feature in Publisher 2003 or is there some setting that I am not using? I ...

Page break before subreport if subreport has data
How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the subreport has data? Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an unnecessary page break in those instances. Thank you, Kathy Add a page break control and some code like: Me.PgBrkName.Visible = Me.subrptName.Report.HasData -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Kathy Webster" wrote: > How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the > subreport has data? > Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an > unnecessary pag...

print page properties

How can I flow a music score over 2 pages in Publisher?
Our church secretary needs to paste in music from another source over 2 pages in Publisher. It's no problem to flow text, but how do you flow graphics? You can't. You will have to split the graphic into pieces. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barb Andersen" <Barb Andersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69B6964B-FDE3-409E-B8F8-3AB89DE4C52D@microsoft.com... > Our church secretary needs to paste in music from another source over 2 > pages > in Publisher. It's no problem to flow text, but how do you flow graphics? Barb...

delete page within a worksheet

What's this web page feature called?
On the yahoo home page, if the mouse pointer hovers over items in the "My Favorites" list, a floating window opens up. http://m.www.yahoo.com/?r0=1258393277 Or www.yahoo.com which takes you to the first link. What's that feature called? I'm trying to find a way to disable it in IE 8. No clear responses since yesterday. I'm hoping maybe someone here has enough page design knowledge to just provide a bit of vocabulary. This group deals with Windows XP issues, the internetexplorer.general group would be a better place to ask. -- -- &qu...

how to creat a lined page?
HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT EVEN SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. "DANNY T" <DANNY T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3CFF0B-3D29-4C43-80CE-FED4474A89DD@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT > EVEN > SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. No it wouldn't. And please turn off the caps lock. What is it you're trying to do? I mean, why create a lined page? Also, typing in all caps impli...

why would page 1 of an excel worksheet print smaller of page 2 if.
I am printing an excel worksheet that has 2 pages. The 2 pages are exactly the same font and the margins are exactly the same. For some reason page 1 is printing really small in one corner and page 2 is printing exactly how I want it to. Can anybody tell me how to correct this please Do you mean to say that you have 2 worksheets in the same workbook and each prints differently? If so, I'd check the page setups, especially the print area. Also, one sheet may have a larger active area. Pressing Ctrl-End will take you to the last active cell on each sheet so you can compare. -- ...

VPN issues
Recently i have installed Windows Server 2008 on my server in my basement and deployed it as a file server and a VPN so ica naccess my Files remtely since im in the military and travel alot. Heres my issue: From home i can do the following: Access all shares through my networking VPN inside the network to the server VPN to the Routers IP (my server is set to have ports forwarded to allow for VPN) Stream Video Access files Remotely (IE outside my home network) I can setup the VPN so it shows that im connected and the ipconfig in command prompt shows the link is active, howev...

Reports and SubReports Spacing
I have an AC2003 report. That main report (Main) has 4 subreport controls on it (Sub1-4). Each of the reports associated with the subreport controls may or may not have data in the corresponding table to report on. The Main report has the following layout: Main - Sub1 - Sub 2 - Sub 3 - Sub 4 When Main runs, if one of the subreports is blank, the area for that subreport is blank (expected), but if any of the subsequent subreports do have data, those subreports display in their position. In the following example, subreport 2 has no data Example ...

group sections in a report to print or generate subreport
Hello all, Is it possible to generate a report (or a subreport) that will allow a separate report for each server (for grouping and printing purposes) if I have many server names (with DB, Apps, etc.) in one huge report. Maybe using a button on the large, main report (with all server names) to print the server name on the current page along with the server's information? Or instead of printing maybe there could be another button that could generate a subreport of that current page's server and it's information? My question is: After generating a report, how does one go about gr...

Extra Blank Pages In Preview
Getting blank pages in preview box after work even tho nothing is in there. Any one got any ideas please thank you Smooth, sounds like excel thinks you have data even after you delete it, have a look here for ways to reset the last cell http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Smooth" <Smooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E07E6B-D1FC-4C14...

Excel 2003 & cutting/pasting text from web pages
When I cut text from a web page, Excel then tries to connect again to that web page to setup some sort of auto-update option. This is very annoying, especially if all I want to do is copy & paste the text/numerical contents from an (https) web page onto a sheet - I can see this since the desktop firewall I'm using (Sygate) keeps complaining about Excel attempting to connect to the web..... * How do I disable that feature - the copy operation should be over & done with after Ctrl+C THIS Feature is not a "productivity" enhancement... Steve You should copy, pa...

How do I insert an automatic file name in Publisher footer?
I am in 2003 Publisher and need to know if there is a way to automatically insert the file name in a footer like you can do in Word. Thanks. Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to manually type the file name. Use the Master Page function. ctrl + m -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gayle" <Gayle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA75B4A3-DA63-4E69-B56A-24D77DACE678@microsoft.com... >I am in 2003 Publisher and need to know if there is a way to automatically > insert...

positioning a subreport
hello I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline border that can grow. I want the bottom of this border to always be 0.5" above the bottom of the main report's page. (When there are more rows, I want the subreport to grow UP, not DOWN). Can this be done? Thanks --- cinnie cinnie wrote: >I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a >single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline >borde...

error on page
I have Win 7 x64 and IE 8 installed. When I visit a certain web site (www.bear.org), for some reason, I'm getting an exclamation sign in a yellow triangle along with the "error on page" and "Done" messages in the left hand lower corner of my browser. As far as I can see, this site works fine. Why am I getting this warnings? What's wrong? How to correct it? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida The person to ask is the web admin for the site. Who knows what is causing the error, but obviously not something critical since the site is loading for yo...

Cant send web pages and links
Ive had outlook 2003 for about 6 months all of a sudden I cant send web pages such as MSNBC or CNN...normally these sites have an email direct option...but Ive noticed lately that Outlook is considering these unsafe. I have forgotten how to change my settings so I can send normal web pages that I visit regularly as email attachments. Several of the sites I am able to send appear to reformat them selves so they don't look exactly like the web pages I was viewing. ...

linking pages in two different work books
trying to link two different pages in two seperate workbooks. filling in statistical data in first workbook in specific fields. then having to open the next work book and insertin the same in formation again. don't wnat to be redundent and would lik to populate worksheet in workbook 2 with the same input from workshee in work book -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am also in need of this ability. I have a list on one sheet and a chart with the names from the list o another, same workbook. I have been linking each individual name fro the list to their location on the ...