Subreport in page footer, page break issue

  • Follow

Hi guys,

I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport out)
it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st page
records over again.

Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
way that I want.

1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then the
next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
page (etc...).

0
Reply Michael 7/12/2007 1:56:51 PM

Michael wrote:
>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport out)
>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st page
>records over again.
>
>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>way that I want.
>
>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then the
>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>page (etc...).

Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
it here.

As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
the page footer.

I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
for the subreport.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Well Marshall if it were up to me I would stop right now completely because
I don't think what my boss want's is possible in Access.  I don't think it's
possible in Crystal Reports either.

I really think it needs to be two separate reports.

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Michael wrote:
>>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport
>>out)
>>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st
>>page
>>records over again.
>>
>>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>>way that I want.
>>
>>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then
>>the
>>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>>page (etc...).
>

> Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
> it here.
>
> As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
> multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
> fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
> the page footer.
>
> I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
> point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
> for the subreport.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Reply Michael 7/12/2007 4:41:51 PM

That may or may not be true, but no one can try to figure
out something until you tell us what your boss wants the
report to look like.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Michael wrote:
>Well Marshall if it were up to me I would stop right now completely because
>I don't think what my boss want's is possible in Access.  I don't think it's
>possible in Crystal Reports either.
>
>I really think it needs to be two separate reports.
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote
>> Michael wrote:
>>>I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records.  The main report
>>>recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer
>>>(even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied).
>>>However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this
>>>because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport
>>>out)
>>>it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static
>>>ignoring the page break at 28 records.  It simply reprints the same 1st
>>>page
>>>records over again.
>>>
>>>Is there anyway to get the main report to recognize the page break in the
>>>way that I want.
>>>
>>>1st 28 records in the main report print at the top of the page and the 1st
>>>28 records of the subreport print at the bottom of the first page.  Then
>>>the
>>>next 28 records of the main report should print on the top of the 2nd page
>>>(which they do) and those records should reprint at the bottom of the 2nd
>>>page (etc...).
>>

>> Let's drop this question in our other thread and deal with
>> it here.
>>
>> As I said before, you can not make a page footer span
>> multiple pages.  If the subreport has more records than will
>> fit in the page footer, then the subreport should not be in
>> the page footer.
>>
>> I think your best bet is to back up and start over at the
>> point you were at before you tried this page footer approach
>> for the subreport.
0
Reply Marshall 7/12/2007 6:29:30 PM

(page loaded in 0.061 seconds)