Strange border when printing a form

Dear all,

I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
Border Effect as Flat,
Border style as Transparent,
Border Width as Hairline.

When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
some text boxes.
It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the text
boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.

Thank you very much.

Hong

hongluen

recommend you don't try to print a Form object. use a Report instead.

hth

"hongluen via AccessMonster.com" <u5698@uwe> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
> I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
> Border Effect as Flat,
> Border style as Transparent,
> Border Width as Hairline.
>
> When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
> some text boxes.
> It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the
text
> boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
> irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hong

tina
6/22/2007 5:34:16 AM
Try setting the borders to one point instead of hairline.

Check your printer settings.  Some settings won't handle hairline very well

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

> Dear all,
>
> I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
> I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
> Border Effect as Flat,
> Border style as Transparent,
> Border Width as Hairline.
>
> When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
> some text boxes.
> It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the
> text
> boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
> irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hong

John
6/22/2007 11:59:05 AM
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:59:05 -0400, "John Spencer" <spencer@chpdm.edu> wrote:

>Try setting the borders to one point instead of hairline.
>
>Check your printer settings.  Some settings won't handle hairline very well

Check to see if you have one text box *almost* directly on top of another text
box.

Chuck
Chuck

Set all check boxes values on form
Hi everyone, I have a table with 2 fields: Field1(Text box) and Fied2(Check box) in a form. What i want is a command button to set all Field2 check box to YES, and a command button to set all Field2 check box to NO Could anyone help me please???? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano In the Click event procedure of the command button: Dim strSql As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first strSql = "UPDATE [Table1] SET [Field2] = TRUE WHERE [Field2] = FALSE;" dbEngin...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

printing copies

Login with pwd & Open the main form depends on pwd
We have three groups of user that will use our database. Administrator (my boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk) Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form – (main menu1) without any control. What we are planning are : 1. Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves) before they can login into the main menu. 2. Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 …) that depend on what password they input Could you give...

Form wont show records
I have an unbound form which has a unbound combox box called cmbmonth where the user chooses a value from the list for which the record source is based on this SQL statement SELECT tblMonth.txtmonthlabela FROM tblMonth ORDER BY tblMonth.txtmonthlabela DESC; txtmonthlabela is a date field - (I realise that the name is totally misleading but that's how I it was when I got it!) There is then a command button which should open a form which has a control called txtmonth, a date field. However when I click on the form it doesn't show any records. Here is the code behind the...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Printing a Newsletter
I'm about to start printing a 6 page newsletter. I will use 1 sheet of 11" x 17" and 1 sheet 81/2 x 11". Pages 1 and 6 and 2 and 5 go on the 11 x 17 and 3 and 4 on 81/2 x 11. When try to set up I don't any mention of pages 5 and 6. Gary You cannot set different page size in Publisher within one publication. To do what you want you will need to use two different Publisher files. -- I do a newsletter also and run into the same situation. All of my pages are set up as 8�" x 11". My printer does whatever he has to do to get me my double-sided 11" x 1...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007
From: "Patrick Sewell" <ptsewell@monte.k12.co.us> Subject: Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007 Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:45 PM I have come across the following KB from Microsoft that has helped me to print a fixed number of copies of the labels that I wish to print. This works pretty well. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299024 However, I would like to include a field in my table for the number of copies I want of each label. For example, if each record in my table contains the information for a given label, one field in that record should cont...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Re: Calendar Printing Assistant
IMI Attendees Print - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm you can fin it also at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx | "JLinDC" <JLinDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:535BC51C-CE50-4B56-A19D-43DEA66D4D1B@microsoft.com... || Are there any CPA templates that print the Appointment Message/Body? || || | | ...

Printing Problems in Entourage
I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that problem? Any suggested solutions? This is a known issue. To work around it, Try removing multi-day events that cross the weekly boundary. On 9/29/05 5:20 PM, in article 1128032452.981239.31830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Tony" <tonystinson@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly > format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that > problem? > > Any su...

Footer printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I upgraded from Word 2004 to 2008 a portion of the footer that I've been using for years on business docs was now &quot;outside the print area&quot;. The template is the same as it has always been with the bottom margin set at .7 inches and the footer at .3 inches -- this printed just fine in 2004. Some previously created docs print just fine but new docs will not print properly. I've tried to update the Normal template by opening one of the docs that do print as the default but to no avail....

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Remove Group Box border lines (without using macro)?
Is there a non-macro solution to removing the Group Box border lines? If not, a macro solution would also be appreciated, but as it is going into a multi-user form, I don't want to scare the users with macro warnings. ;) Thank you! -Meghan I don't think you can do this except via a macro. But you could run the macro to hide those borders and release the workbook with no macros. In fact, you don't even need a macro--just just need the code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false ...

Printing question in Outlook 9 SP3
Hello, I am using Windows 98 SE with Office Pro 2000 (9.0 SP3). In my Outlook main panel (left with folder selection, right hand side is message list) if I select a message to print, It's only appear "Memo Style" and I can't select the text in Preview pane and print it. It only the way I open these message then select the text to print. The Print dialog box is difference in Preview pane and open the message. How can I change it back to the same Print dialog box? -david Hello David, If you single click the message on the right side and choose File Print from the men...

Outlook not printing headers #2
Hi there, I posted here yesterday but today it is gone but anyway here is my question again. I would like to print hard copies of certain emails I am sending out. When I try to print the email from Outlook 2002, all I see is the content and my signature. I cannot see the from:, To:, or subject lines. I know that this is an option somewhere but for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Any ideas? Thanks again Tony ...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Outlook prints in large font only
Hello All, I'm using outlook 2007 with Hosted exchange. When ever I print a schedule in my calendar, the font comes out larger then what originally shows on the screen. For instance, I know the font size in my calendar is 10 or 12pt but the font size on printouts is 2-3 times bigger. Not sure what setting controls this but any help of guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance for any help. kind regards, -mike Under Help, do a search for the word font. Several responses come back with changing font size. -- Don Vancouver, USA "MikeG" <mtech22@ymail.c...

Printing reports
When I print my monthly and yearly statements it does not print the bold headings and does not leave any spaces between the budget categories. Is there a way that can be changed so the reports look more professional and readable? ...