Strange border when printing a form

  • Follow

Dear all,

I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
Border Effect as Flat,
Border style as Transparent,
Border Width as Hairline.

When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
some text boxes.
It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the text
boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.

Thank you very much.

Hong

Reply hongluen 6/22/2007 4:38:32 AM

recommend you don't try to print a Form object. use a Report instead.

hth

"hongluen via AccessMonster.com" <u5698@uwe> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
> I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
> Border Effect as Flat,
> Border style as Transparent,
> Border Width as Hairline.
>
> When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
> some text boxes.
> It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the
text
> boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
> irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hong

Reply tina 6/22/2007 5:34:16 AM

Try setting the borders to one point instead of hairline.

Check your printer settings.  Some settings won't handle hairline very well

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

> Dear all,
>
> I have an Access Form in which there are some text boxes.
> I set the properties of all these text boxes as follows:
> Border Effect as Flat,
> Border style as Transparent,
> Border Width as Hairline.
>
> When I print (or at print preview), there show some "incomplete border" in
> some text boxes.
> It is very strange that some incomplete border disappear when I move the
> text
> boxes to somewhere else in the form. These "transparent border" show up
> irregularly. I wonder if I can remove all these strange borders.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hong

Reply John 6/22/2007 11:59:05 AM

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:59:05 -0400, "John Spencer" <spencer@chpdm.edu> wrote:

>Try setting the borders to one point instead of hairline.
>
>Check your printer settings.  Some settings won't handle hairline very well

Check to see if you have one text box *almost* directly on top of another text
box.

Chuck
Reply Chuck 6/22/2007 1:23:04 PM

(page loaded in 0.069 seconds)