How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page

Hi,
I work for a steel company.  Material is purchased to a size and grade.
There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and
several customer can use.
A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase
orders with a summary.  The same can be for open sales orders with a summary.
 Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due
throughout the year.
Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they
can do  forecasting for purchasing.
Is there a way to do this in Access?  Do I need to use Word or Excel to
achieve what I want?  And how would I go about doing that?

I appreciate anyone that has some good suggestions.

Thanks, David

Create an unbound report (no recordsource). Install two subreports on the
report. Make one subreport show open purchase orders and the other subreport
show open sales orders.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"DavidSteel" <DavidSteel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I work for a steel company.  Material is purchased to a size and grade.
> There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and
> several customer can use.
> A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open
> purchase
> orders with a summary.  The same can be for open sales orders with a
> summary.
> Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due
> throughout the year.
> Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they
> can do  forecasting for purchasing.
> Is there a way to do this in Access?  Do I need to use Word or Excel to
> achieve what I want?  And how would I go about doing that?
>
> I appreciate anyone that has some good suggestions.
>
> Thanks, David

0
Steve

Access Formula For Dates
I need to show on a weekly basis, the number of weeks left in the year. I don't want to have to enter it, I want Access to calculate it for me and show it on my report/database each time it is opened. For example , I want to say there are 34 weeks left in this year. Is there a formula I can usethat will determine the number of weeks remaining from today's date (whatever it is) to December 31? One way to look at this is that, if you can identify the "week" of the current date, you can subtract that from 52 to get an idea of how many weeks are left. .... o...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Outlook Web Access
In OWA 2003, you can now flag messages for follow up. This feature seems to be disabled when you attempt to carry out this operation in public folders. You can do this from outlook client but not OWA. Any Ideas?? "=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15Rg==?=" <JeremyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:F80E0644-65E2-4588-94E1-ED1F5CC8EDE9@microsoft.com: > In OWA 2003, you can now flag messages for follow up. This feature > seems to be disabled when you attempt to carry out this operation in > public folders. You can do this from outlook client but not OWA. > Any Ideas?? >...

Printing spreadsheets crested in earlier versoins of Excel
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew As answered at your second post: Have you tried copying the conte...

SUMIF with two criteria??
I would like to sum values for all rows where the value in column B 'F' AND the value in column C = 'X' I don't seem able to use SUMIF whe I have 2 criteria that need to be met for summing as opposed to jus one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Chas -- Potatosalad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Potatosalad2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2083 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47921 Use the SUMPRODUCT function: =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Company Doesn't have access to Currency
I'm trying to set up a new company in GP7.5 and in trying to select a Functional Currency, I am getting the message "Company [Name] doesn't have access to currency USD" Did I miss something when setting up this new company? It is the only one besides the sample data. Thanks in advance. Go to Setup > System > Multicurrency Access and make sure that currency is marked for that company. "Tom" wrote: > I'm trying to set up a new company in GP7.5 and in trying to select a > Functional Currency, I am getting the message "Company [Name] doesn&#...

two fields automatically need to come up!
Access 2003 - After creating a table, I can type in the first field and if I have already used that student name, it automatically comes up and I can just press enter. I would like the second field to come up automatically as soon as the first field name is complete so I can press enter also - the first field is the student name and the second field is the student ID #. In other words, I would like the two fields to come up together automatically and I just have to press enter. How do I do this? Goldie What you are describing sounds suspiciously like what happens in Excel.. Access ...

Running Large Reports
Hello partners, I have an RMS install that's been for about a year now database size of about 2gigs with SQL Server Installed. My customer has a problem with running reports with large date ranges (6 months, 1 year etc). The loading and generating reports shows up however, "computing totals" does not load eventually the computer becomes unresponsive. Does anyone know how I can generate reports with sucha large intensive dataset? Regards ...

Please help with Hotmail "US" Access through Outlook.
Hi, I am in need of a bit of assistance. I have been trying to access my hotmail plus account through Outlook and it is proving to be impossible. The strange thing is that I am having no problems accessing my other e-mail addresses through outlook though ??? PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!! contact me at; robertsmith141@hotmail.com if you are able to assist me PLEASE. -- Robert Smith What version of Outlook are you using? "robert smith" <robertsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1EB090F-5E1B-4975-B2BA-A0931A97F754@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Access 2003 query help please
Hello, I am in need of some advice for a table create query. I have to work with a database that is imported using XML from an online database. Unfortunately the online database is a single (flat) table of membership data. I need to generate a mailing list from that data. The problem is that each record may contain one of two addresses for the mailing to a member. One is the organization address they work at the other is an optional mailing address. If the optional mailing address is present those fields must be used, otherwise the fields containing the organization address should be us...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

how to publish access parameter based query report
I have an access database report build up complete with parameter query and some charting and graphing. What is the best way to present the time based report thru the websites complete with all the input parameter. Please advise. Access reports cannot be rendered as web pages. The best you could do would be to present it as a PDF file, using ASP to capture the parameters, automate Access to generate the report and save it as a PDF file (which might require the use of a third-party product depending on Access version), and return the PDF file to the browser. "Parameter Query report...

One element correspond with two or more types?

print a list of reports in access
Does anyone know of a way to print a listing of all your reports in the Reports Object section. just go tools->analyse->documenter You can print out all information about the reports. Play with the "options" button, as these documenter printouts tend to be very large.... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com >> Thank you. I tried that but it gives all the detail. I was just >> interested in the names, but I will take your suggestion and play with >> the options button. Thanks again. ah...ok.....

Copy file from one directory to a new directory, using excel spreadsheet as reference for items to be copied
All- I have an excel spreadsheet containing 7509 rows (Products), and I have a directory containing 16,421 image files. The images are all named by the Product Number, which is also a row in my excel spreadsheet. I need to query the excel spreadsheet to get all the product numbers, then check my current directory for a <productNumber>.jpg file. If the file exists, I need to COPY it to a new directy. If it does not exist, I need to write the product number to a text file that I can go over after the fact to obtain the image for the products missing photos. On Dec 17, 9:49...

Access 2007 Combo Box Search
I have two combo boxes on a form. I want to be able to select Status such as OPEN from one box and a year from the next combo box. Then click on Search and pull up all records based on one or both selections. The results would display in the detail section of the form. I can do this with the DoCmd.ApplyFilter method in VBA for one box. However, how do I get it to search by both criteria? Example: This works BTW in a Private Sub event procedure... If Me.year = "2009" Then DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[qryfrmViewAllRecords].[year]='2009'" I then want a secon...

File ignores printing preferences
I have one file that used to print correctly but now ignores the print settings, even when the preferences are set from the control panel. When I choose File, Print, and look at the printer properties, they are set correctly: landscape & duplex side binding. But when I press OK, and OK to print, it prints portrait and single sided. I created a new file, gave it the same commands, and it prints correctly. So there is something about this one file that is ignoring the print commands. It was originally created under Windows 98. Then I had to add a new C drive under Windows 2000. I ...

Same account in two groups
I've got the same account in two different groups. I've moved all transactions to one account, but the Portfolio view still has a second account under another group with zero transactions. How do I get rid of the second view without deleting the whole account? GB In microsoft.public.money, Gabriel Behr wrote: >I've got the same account in two different groups. I've >moved all transactions to one account, but the Portfolio >view still has a second account under another group with >zero transactions. > >How do I get rid of the second view withou...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Needing a access report to captilize mutiple fields
here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captilize the data in that field, but the other fields that a use the same data field will not print upper case. any ideals thanks danny danny wrote: >here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same >duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military >file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captil...

After two years using it... still cannot get used to it
Please allow users to bring the old menus back. The "genius" who spearheaded the change in the menus in Office 2007, i.e. the ribbon interface, should be fired. It is EXTREMELY frustrating having to go through all these clicks and visual menus to find simple options that were more intuitively placed in previous versions of Office. Do you think that younger people are unable to read so you have to put pictures for the newer generations? It is so frustrating that I have decided to leave this message, and let you know that as of today, after using Office for... how many ...