How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page

  • Follow

Hi,
I work for a steel company.  Material is purchased to a size and grade.
There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and
several customer can use.
A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase
orders with a summary.  The same can be for open sales orders with a summary.
 Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due
throughout the year.
Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they
can do  forecasting for purchasing.
Is there a way to do this in Access?  Do I need to use Word or Excel to
achieve what I want?  And how would I go about doing that?

I appreciate anyone that has some good suggestions.

Thanks, David

0
Reply Utf 5/23/2007 1:34:01 PM

Create an unbound report (no recordsource). Install two subreports on the
report. Make one subreport show open purchase orders and the other subreport
show open sales orders.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"DavidSteel" <DavidSteel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I work for a steel company.  Material is purchased to a size and grade.
> There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and
> several customer can use.
> A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open
> purchase
> orders with a summary.  The same can be for open sales orders with a
> summary.
> Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due
> throughout the year.
> Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they
> can do  forecasting for purchasing.
> Is there a way to do this in Access?  Do I need to use Word or Excel to
> achieve what I want?  And how would I go about doing that?
>
> I appreciate anyone that has some good suggestions.
>
> Thanks, David

0
Reply Steve 5/23/2007 3:02:43 PM

(page loaded in 0.025 seconds)