How do I calculate percentages in a report?

I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the
year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member.
How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member
for the year in a report?

Tessa wrote:

>I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the
>year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member.
>How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member
>for the year in a report?

If you don't already have one, create a group with header
for the park field.  Then add a text box (named
txtParkHours) to the group header section.

Then you can use a calculated text box in the detail
section:
	=hours / txtParkHours

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Chart percentage display needs to be neater
When using line charts with percentages at various intervals, the resulting chart usually has the percentages displayed over the trendline and I end up having to click each percentage and move them so they can be more easily seen on the chart. Is there a way to automate this either at the time I run the chart or once created? Thanks. You could select the set of labels, press CTRL+1 (numeral one) to open the Format Data Labels dialog, and on the Alignment tab, choose the Above or Below position option, instead of the default Left. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services,...

How to calculate age of a person?

Exclude zeros 0s from avg function in Reporting Services 2005
Hi all, I have what I think is quite a good question - ie, difficult to answer! :) Supposing I have 10 rows each containg a fee value but only one row actually has a figure in it of, lets say, 10. All the other rows by default, instead of being empty will show zeros. If I wanted to display the average for all the rows, I simply add a group, add a footer and add the expression "=AVG(Fields!Fee.Value)" This would return the value 1 (10 divided by 10 rows) However, I want to only average where the value is NOT zero. I tried the following but just got "#Error" ...

Simple Report Formatting Question
Good morning everyone. I have what I think is a fairly simple question, with hopefully a simple answer. Question is regarding the "Can Grow" property. The fields in the DETAILS section of my report contain borders. I have the CAN GROW property set to Yes for all fields. My question is - if one of the fields needs to grow to accomodate text data, how can instruct the remaining fileds to also grow to the same size. The right most field in my report contains user comments (it is a memo field), and quite often it needs to grow, but the remaining fields in the row do not grow. The r...

Clearing Report Queue in Management Reporter
Hi, Does anyone know how to clear the Report Queue in Management Reporter? There are many failed report attempts, and, I would like to remove them. I have stopped and restarted Management Reporter Process Service, which did not help. Thanks -- JB Apparently this is an unfixed issue at this time; the reports are 'supposed' to delete after 7 days but can't be removed via the user interface But have you figured out how to get reports to generate? Mine are stuck in the 'queued' status and never generate. Dave. "JB" wrote: > Hi, >...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

PickList Reconcile Report
Hi: I reconciled one Inventory Item from Tools >> Routine >> Inventory >> Reconcile. Item is reconciled from that window, report is also printed. But there is one more report from Project accounting side which is PickList Reconcile Report. My question is what is this report? What is it showing? I checked that it is showing me some other items which I did not select at the time of Inventory reconciliation. Why other items are being reconciled if even not selected and the message for every item on this report is "The issued quantity has bee adjusted from <No.>...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Reports 02-14-07
Hi guys, I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name and could not be loaded" can anyone help please I can access the reports fine from <servername>/Reports and they run fine "Will" wrote: > Hi guys, > > I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the > reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name > and could not be loaded" can anyone help please This happens because I ...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...